Bell services no longer accept deliveries at disney hotels

I’m quoting WALT DISNEY WORLD NEWS TODAY:

“For those of you who enjoy the convenience of using Instacart or Amazon Prime to deliver groceries and other last-minute necessities (lookin’ at you, phone chargers) to your Disney resort hotel room, as well as essentials like strollers and ECVs or other mobility devices, you will now have to budget in additional vacation time to retrieve your goods, as Resort Bell Services is no longer holding goods for guest pick-up or in-room delivery. Drop-off or pick-up of items prior or after guest arrival will also no longer be permitted.”

Not sure why anyone would be in favor of this or think that Disney is acting as a personal delivery service. The Bottom line, I could see them charging for the service, but the reality with the restrictions that the airlines have on flying with liquids like toiletries makes this a little more complicated for many reasons. One, my family and I like to fly down for long weekends and we don't usually check bags. Not checking bags means you can't bring any toiletries with you in a carry on. Shipping them via Amazon worked great. Who wants to get down there and have to go shopping or better yet, purchase them from a Disney hotel. Secondly, even if you are checking bags, who wants to weigh down their luggage and run the risk of leaks, seems this process will just complicate packing and flying.

And to think someone is going to order stuff to the hotel and wait around for the delivery (FED EX, UPS) to hand deliver it to you, doesn't even make sense. They don't have specific times for delivery. Going to Disney is a first class vacation and you are paying for the convenience of things (as we know, Disney tries to accommodate everyone). Being able to ship things directly to your room or hotel should be an extra fee on your room charges, but it shouldn't be something that is prohibited....And i could see them saying you cant get it delivered prior to your check in date. That makes sense. They shouldn't have to sit on the packages for days.

I also have the locker. But we usually replenish by shipping more toiletries and stuff down while we are there and add them to the locker for next time.

Good grief, for a “long weekend” you can’t just use Disney provided toiletries? Or take an Uber to Publix and purchase your preferred products? Is there a health/medical
reason why you need “special toiletries” for a “long weekend” or do you just like your own stuff? I sincerely apologize if I’m not understanding the problem...

Last edited:
For what it's worth, there's a lot of non-liquid basic toiletries that one can pack...this can especially help if you're not checking any luggage at all and ONLY bringing carry-on luggage on board the aircraft with you. For example:
  • Lush sells shampoo & conditioner bars.
  • Eco-Dent has toothpaste that comes in a powder form. This means that like shampoo bars, it doesn't have to go in your single quart-sized ziplock bag with your liquids for a carry-on.
  • Bug spray - you can purchase these in wipes form. Those, too, don't have to go in a ziplock bag in a carry-on.

Well, THAT sucks. Especially for strollers.
At least one stroller rental company - Kingdom? - have a location inside the airport for rentals and returns.
One, my family and I like to fly down for long weekends and we don't usually check bags. Not checking bags means you can't bring any toiletries with you in a carry on.
It just means you can't take full size containers of liquids, !creams, gels, pastes, aerosols.
And to think someone is going to order stuff to the hotel and wait around for the delivery (FED EX, UPS) to hand deliver it to you, doesn't even make sense.
Local delivery services - Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin, Instacart, Amazon Now, etc. - typically allow shoppers to set a delivery window.

Not sure why anyone would be in favor of this or think that Disney is acting as a personal delivery service. The Bottom line, I could see them charging for the service, but the reality with the restrictions that the airlines have on flying with liquids like toiletries makes this a little more complicated for many reasons. One, my family and I like to fly down for long weekends and we don't usually check bags. Not checking bags means you can't bring any toiletries with you in a carry on. Shipping them via Amazon worked great. Who wants to get down there and have to go shopping or better yet, purchase them from a Disney hotel. Secondly, even if you are checking bags, who wants to weigh down their luggage and run the risk of leaks, seems this process will just complicate packing and flying.

And to think someone is going to order stuff to the hotel and wait around for the delivery (FED EX, UPS) to hand deliver it to you, doesn't even make sense. They don't have specific times for delivery. Going to Disney is a first class vacation and you are paying for the convenience of things (as we know, Disney tries to accommodate everyone). Being able to ship things directly to your room or hotel should be an extra fee on your room charges, but it shouldn't be something that is prohibited....And i could see them saying you cant get it delivered prior to your check in date. That makes sense. They shouldn't have to sit on the packages for days.

I also have the locker. But we usually replenish by shipping more toiletries and stuff down while we are there and add them to the locker for next time.
you do know that you are allowed to bring liquids in hand luggage? You are just limited in the amount in for a weekend the allotted allotment is plenty

In some ways I am happy because as a normal bell service customer. You know the one that drops luggage off when checking in or out because my room is not ready. I often have to wait because Bell services are busy dealing with deliveries. I think it was just a cost factor Disney realized they were spending too much of their own resources being a delivery service for external vendors. And not being able to actually serve their hotel guests for hotel services. It is unique and I believe Disney resorts are the only hotels I’ve ever observed they have to deal with these extra type of external deliveries AND not charge a fee

Of course the exception are hotels that deal with meeting and conventions there there’s actually a fee usually to except packages so maybe in the future Disney can charge that say $25 to accept your ECV being delivered for you.

Sounds like you go to WDW a lot. Sounds like you have a space down there where you store things. Not sure what your problem is? Is it a planning one? You don't know how to plan enough time to retrieve your stuff or how to use small bottles to travel with?

We complain about Disney charging for things that used to be free, but this would have been the ideal place to do that. Charge a fee for those who absolutely have to have something delivered, so they still can, but most people who were doing it for cost savings no longer will.

Didn't they decide to charge a $6 handling fee for a while? People went insane over it, just like everything else.

You can still order. You just need to meet the delivery person to retrieve your order.
That’s what I think people are losing sight of . . .no one is saying you can’t order what you need if you have no other way of getting it. It’s just that now you have to be diligent about delivery times and meeting the vendor instead of having the convenience of using the bell services staff.

I do hope the vendors will be on top of their game, especially for pick up times. No one wants to miss a flight because the stroller or scooter vendor did a late pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter