Beirgarten or Chefs?

wdwlovin'family

Mouseketeer
I double booked a CP package because my choices weren't available and I needed to ask the rest of the family what they wanted and now I need to cancel one. My choices are Beirgarten or Chefs de France. With Beirgarten, we all for sure will be able to sit together, but we will also be sitting with other families too. At Chefs, we were booked as a resv. of 3 and 3, with the statement made that they will make every effort to seat the 6 of us together. I have never been to either restaurant and looking at the menus there are pros and cons to both. Beirgarten looks like it would be quicker too since it is buffet style. What are your opinions on both restaurants and have you ever been booked as a split resv. and yet you still got to sit together? Is the food really make-you-sick heavy at Beirgarten? Several of us have sensitive stomachs and lactose intolerance. Thanks!

We haven't done Chefs yet; doing it in 2 weeks. We did Beirgarten as a family of 9 and everyone really enjoyed it. We were all seated together at one of those long tables. You may not have anyone else seated at your table, depending on how crowded they are. The kids loved the entertainment. Two of our party were lactose intolerant and one had a gluten allergy but everyone found something to eat there that they liked. I don't think it's too heavy; didn't notice alot of fried foods. They have a large salad bar as well. Chefs looks good but seems to have a limited menu. We also ate at Shutters and had to reserve 2 tables but when we arrived they pushed the tables together so it worked out well.

Haven't done Beirgarten will try that next year but Chef's was one of r best meals.

Love Biergarten have eaten there twice. The food is incredible and the entertainment is fun.

I would go with Biergarten. They have a great variety of food and the enviroment is fantastic.

Mmm.... that's a difficult one because they are so completely different. Biergarten is so much fun.... we usually spend ages in there, drinking beer and dancing to the band (they have a dance floor in the middle) I'm not keen on the food though, I'm a pescetarian and find the menu very limited. My husband, a carnivore, really likes the food but that might have something to do with the amount of beer we drink while we're in there though (the beer comes in huge glasses) Also, you will be seated with other families so your enjoyment could depend how well you get on. We have always been very lucky here and sat next to some great families. Not so lucky in Tepan Edo, but that's another story!
Chef de France on the other hand is an altogether different experience. More sophisticated and all about the food. We had a fantastic meal here last year, one of the best of our trip and even my overly fussy 6 year old raved about his kid's meal (although I think they have changed the menu this year)

I think if it were me, overall, I would probably choose Chefs for the CP and do Biergarten another day.

We love Beirgarten. Love the dancing and food and fun. Have eaten at Chefs a a few times, just not our favorite. We have always had good luck with the families we were sat with. With 6 of you most of the time there would be another party of 2, but there are some larger tables so it could be different. They also do silent night in german during Christmas time and invite all the kids down for like a gold chocolate coin if I remember correctly. Christmas trees and very festive. Have not been at Chefs durning Christmas time. So you now know our preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter