Beaches & Cream

We thought it was cute, and the food was good and we'll go back.

I don't think we'd wait for it though, we went between peak lunch and dinner times so didn't have to wait, and that's what we'll do next trip too I think.

It's very small inside so worth going at a quiet time.

We first stayed at BC back in 92 and the restaurant was always one room. The difference to the best of my memory is that as you entered, there was also a doorway to the left into the arcade. The added noise was fun....NOT! At some point that door was eliminated. Maybe 7-10 years ago???

We enjoy B&C if we are staying at BCV and if there's no wait....or a short one.

The burgers at Hurricane Hannah's are the same as B&C these days and can still be ordered for carryout which works well for us at times.

We first stayed at BC back in 92 and the restaurant was always one room. The difference to the best of my memory is that as you entered, there was also a doorway to the left into the arcade. The added noise was fun....NOT! At some point that door was eliminated. Maybe 7-10 years ago???

You are correct, also the "to-go" line wasn't there when it first opened up. But, there were some ice cream tables inside the arcade. Maybe that's why she thought it was 2 rooms.

I'll add my $.02 to this

We stayed at BC a few years ago and when we arrived we were hungry so we had a great burger plate and while sitting at the counter watched a Banana Split in the making.

We split one for lunch the next day. Went to the to go counter and ate it at the tables near the pool. We enjoyed it . $.02

I'll add my $.02 to this

We stayed at BC a few years ago and when we arrived we were hungry so we had a great burger plate and while sitting at the counter watched a Banana Split in the making.

We split one for lunch the next day. Went to the to go counter and ate it at the tables near the pool. We enjoyed it . $.02

Unfortunately, the to go counter now offers only ice cream treat and beverages. I think the carryout option for meals ended around 2005.

You are correct, also the "to-go" line wasn't there when it first opened up. But, there were some ice cream tables inside the arcade. Maybe that's why she thought it was 2 rooms.

I'd forgotten about those tables. They just moved them outside right.....the ones that are out there these days?

I got lucky I went on our first night we arrived and we waited like 20 minutes. We just went to try the kitchen sink. It was good & fun but I think it also was around 8:30 9 at night. But I did hear it gets crazy there with the wait times. It also doesn't help the fact that it is small in there. But well worth the trip :thumbsup2

Does anyone remember when the burgers were named after hits in baseball...a single, double, triple, and grandslam? You used to get a flag sticking out of the burger stating which one you purchased. Of course when I was younger, I had to get the grandslam. LOL Actually finished it too. :rotfl:

LOOOOOVE the cheeseburgers at B&C!!!!! :love:And the peanut butter sundae is TO DIE FOR!!!!!! :worship:Our kids love when there is a wait so they can play in the arcade!!!!!:cloud9:

Thank y'all for your input. I thought I'd go ahead and let you know what we decided. Based on everything said I think we're going to pass on B&C for this trip. We are going to pick somewhere that we can make a reservation for. Our kids will only be 8 & barely 3. While my older child would probably be fine I don't think my younger one would do that well with having to wait too long for a table. I think the comparison to Johnny Rockets was the clincher. I think JR's is a great restaurant but I wouldn't wait a long time to go there. So thanks for that. We will try it on a future trip I'm sure, probably just when the kids are a bit older and could both enjoy the arcade a couple of you mentioned. Thanks again!!!:goodvibes

We enjoy B&C if we are staying at BCV and if there's no wait....or a short one.

The burgers at Hurricane Hannah's are the same as B&C these days and can still be ordered for carryout which works well for us at times.

MAYBE THAT'S what I have been remembering ........
MAYBE I thought that the door that went to the arcade, was a door to another room of Beaches and Creme.
Mmmmm ....... Thanks for clearing that up for me. You are probably correct.

When we stayed at BC this past December we went to B&C quite a few times. We never waited more than 20 minutes to get in, but then again we always told the podium that we would sit at the counter (which seemed to help a lot). We would also go over to Hurricane Hannah's to get the burgers, if the line was too long to get into B&Cs. Funny thing though, before our trip I kept telling my DH about B&C and he just didn't get the whole infatuation about it, that is until we went for the first time and he totally fell in love with the place....now he is hooked and we have to go there for lunch at least one day that we are in either the Epcot or DHS area :goodvibes.

We like Beaches & Cream, primarily for the sundaes and the atmosphere. One of our I love coming back from a day at Epcot and settling into a seat at this cute and kitschy soda shop. The regular food is just decent and not worth the wait. The ice cream may be supermarket quality, but the toppings and setting make eating it fun! Having Beaches & Cream nearby is one of my favorite little perks of staying in the Epcot resort area.

I agree with a lot of other posters about the Kitchen Sink. Absolutely disgusting. I am too repulsed by the look of it to dare try eating it, even with a gigantic group.

We made our yearly visit to B&C last week & had a great meal. DW & I split the double cheeseburger, onion rings & a chocolate malt. Yum!! We will be back again next year.

Wow I'm surprised so many people think the Kitchen Sink is disgusting! My family loves it because it is something you can't get around home, and we get it once per trip just for fun- there is only 4 of us so we never come close to finishing it, but the price is really not bad considering if you bought 4 of their individual sundaes it would be the same if not more than the Kitchen Sink. And they do give you small bowls to scoop out your own portion so you aren't dipping into the same big bowl. We aren't big ice cream eaters but we do enjoy this on our trips, and we'll be going again in a few weeks and I cant wait for our annual ice cream splurge ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter