Beach Club Villas

RobOnDisney

Mouseketeer
thought I'd throw up our most recent trip report from our stay at Beach Club Villas...

During our most recent stay at Disney World (June) we got to enjoy the Beach Club Villas for the very first time. We'd been wanting to stay there ever since we got upgraded to Yacht Club during a trip in 2008 (love the pool). Through some luck we were able to land a reservation the week after Labor Day.

During the stay we had a one-bedroom villa located on the 5th floor of the DVC area. The first thing we noticed though after we checked-in is we had no idea where the Villas were located. The Cast Member did not point us in any direction and there were no signs... Ah well, not a huge deal.

Once we got into our room we were very pleased. The layout was nice and you could tell the room was well maintained. We love the split bath tub/shower areas and the size of the bathroom area was great. Being AKV-ers though we were a little disappointed in the overall size of the living room area-- no way they can add a sleeper chair here.

Once settled in we checked the resort out some. While we did not use it, the quiet pool area by the DVC building was very nice. The lobby is beautiful and the quick service/marketplace are great. We also liked the proximity to the Yacht Club and the many dining options available.

During the stay we checked out Beaches & Cream. People rave about this place and overall the food was great, though it did not live up to the hype. Desert was good, but we did not experience the famous "Kitchen Sink" as we were pretty full.

On the transportation front... Convenience to Epcot was great with the back entrance to World Showcase. The boat to Hollywood Studios was also convenient, if you caught it at the right time. Buses do not get high marks for me-- you often share with some combination of Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, which could make the trip to the parks take FOREVER.

Several times we worked in visits to Stormalong Bay-- which has to be the best pool at Disney World. Sand bottom with a zero entry area great for little kids. There is also a lazy river and water volleyball area great for older kids. The pool alone almost makes a stay at Beach Club worth it.

Overall Rating

Rooms are a little on the smaller side-- I think next time we will go for a two bedroom. There are also little deficiencies popping up from age, but staff was quick to address the problems. The bus system does not get a very high grade either.

But the convenience to Epcot is amazing, the pool is amazing, lots of dining and the resort is beautiful.

Thanks, Rob! I'm so glad to hear all this. We are staying at BCV for the very first time in Oct. for the F & W Festival and are very excited to experience this resort. I've read many "iffy" comments about the upkeep of this place but the location can't be beat. We are also in a 1BR. What did you think of the 5th floor and where the unit was located? I understand folks don't stay there for the views.

Great report!

Our view was right over the pool, so we actually liked it a great deal. Not the same as many resorts views, but peaceful just the same.

I really think it is the ideal location for F&W.

And toll Occoquan I said hello... Grew up in Woodbridge and spent many nights down on the Occoquan waterfront!

I will do that! Our charming little town is alive and well. :goodvibes

Good to hear good things....we are also coming "Home" in early to celebrate our Nifty at Fifty birthdaypixiedust:/F and W trip. This will be our first time using our points at the BC and are very excited!!!!

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter