Beach Club or Boardwalk?

LaurieN

DIS Veteran
We are planning our next trip:woohoo: and I am trying to decide between the Beach Club & Boardwalk? I love the location of both as well as the feel so, any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? I know the pool at Beach Club is amazing, but aside from that is there anything else?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Laurie:goodvibes

To me, BC is a no brainer. The pool alone would sell me. If you will have a car then I would go with bc for that reason too. The parking situation at bw isn't great. I also like having some dining options inside the hotel. Also we did a lot of walking into Epcot each night and (while I'm sure it's not) bw just feels that much further away to me.

plus the clown pool at bw scares me. lol

Having stayed at both...here's my 2 cents. If you are going in the summer or warmer months....the pool is great, but it is VERY difficult to find a seat from late morning until 5pm. Other than the pool, you get the benefits of both resorts cause they are across the lake from each other. You can eat in the restaurants, enjoy the resorts and activities. We are the type that like to come back to the pool after being at park opening and finding a seat to relax was difficult.
If you are looking to spend a lot of time at the pool....the Beach Club is great - just get there early!

We stayed at the BC a couple of years ago. My teenaged daughter and 3 of her friends came with us. I really thought that she'd love the BC especially the pool but she didn't. She said that it was too crowded and the pool was not fabulous. Rie preferred the Boardwalk. I like the themeing and the elegance of the BWV over the BC.

I am on my moms acount but I want to tell you what I think I prefere the bw because it has more of a variety for shoping and dining.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts!!!! I'm still not sure especially now that I know how crowded to pool at BC gets:confused3. I think I am going to let DS8 decide (that's what we've done in the past).

NJ2Boardwalk; I see you are just a few miles from me, I'm in Lake Hopatcong, NJ, small world.
Thanks again,

Isn't BW right next to the BC? If she want's to stay at the BC she will still have easy access to the BW and all of it's ammenities...right? I mean I haven't stayed there yet but that is what I learned when doing all of my research. Now I will have to go back and double check...

BC BC BC !!!

We are BC Lovers...as you can see from my sig...

We love being able to walk to BW for dining, shopping, renting surrey bikes, etc....

Agree w/ PP... The Clown at BW SCARES US! YES! EVEN my 3 teenagers !:scared1:

Agree w/ PP...feel closer to Epcot at BC...

We do LOVE SAB...never had a problem with crowds there ! and we go in JULY !!!:lovestruc

LOL!

Hugs
Mary

We love them both. The big plus at BC/YC is SAB. The pool is nice at BW is nice but it's not a mini water park. I like the feel of the BW, all the diff things to do or eat. BW is a little more elegant, BC/YC more casual. They are so close to each other, you can enjoy them both.

I especially like the boardwalk view rooms.. at the bw. You can catch a glimpse of illuminations at night on your balcony. SAB is too crazy busy for my liking .. but you know your 8 year old better than anyone..

And honestly ... they are both very nice resorts.

I prefer BW to the BC. Stormalong Bay does not appeal to me at all - it always looks crowded, it's exposed along the walkway and you have to cross the walkway to get to the slide entrance.

I am going to BWV in 2 weeks and i promise to come back and give my $.02 about what i think. I'm hoping more people who posted they stayed there will come on and do the same.

Thanks everyone for all the imput!!! I have to agree that the clown pool is a little freaky looking:scared1: Still torn between the 2 though...decisions decisions:confused3 This is why I love planning soooooo much;)

We love them both, but have to tip the favor to BC.

* Beach Club is breezy and comfortable...the Boardwalk is more sophisticated and romantic.

* The BC pool is fantastic...but you must be "on" at the pool as it really requires constant supervision...funt if you jump in and play too!

* The quick serve options here are very convenient....there is a small but good quick service in the Marketplace and Hurricane Hannas at the pool. Both places are also very
convenient for mug refills.

* The walk/boatride to Epcot and DHS is very close to both.

* The Boardwalk pool is also a lot of fun...very compact so you don't have to supervise so viligantly. We have many great photos of feet shooting out of the clown's mouth.

* A bit tricky to get a quick bite....the bakery is good, but just about the only place for a bite, so there are lines. The pizza window is pricey and not that great...not sure if that or the hot dog stand are on the dining plan. Believe there is a much longer commute to refill a mug here...would be better to have a stash of soda in your room fridge.

Both are great choices tho!

Oh, you can enjoy the campfire/smores/movie on the beach from either resort, but you are that much closer at BC.

Just booked BWI today using 40% pin code :banana: We've stayed at YC so I can say we loved SAB but we can't wait to try BWI.

We just got back from Boardwalk and loved it! Rooms were spacious and simply beautiful! The main reason I liked BW is because it was a smaller hotel with less rooms, so that no matter where your room is your 'commute' to the bus stop, food/snacks/drinks, nightly entertainment, shops, lobby, pool, etc., was only a short walk.

Someone mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again. We had a 4th floor room with a garden view (I heard the rooms actually overlooking the boards can be loud) and had an absolutely PERFECT view of the Epcot fireworks, not only from our balcony but when sitting on the bed in the room!

My only complaint about BW was that we were on the dining plan and casual breakfast options were limited. Boardwalk Bakery has delicious food, but there are only so many pastries, bagels and egg sandwiches one can eat in a week. Unsure if BC/YC has more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter