Beach Club or Boardwalk?

I like the BW better than the BC.Although we stayed at the BC only once we stayed at the YC over 10 times.If you are going during a school break time the pool (SAB) can become quite crowded with little chance of finding a chair.
The BW has balconys which we use and enjoy.The walk difference to Epcot dosen't bother us as we were at the YC alot.They are both great resorts but IMHO we prefer the BW:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

It's pretty simple:

Warm weather kids under 14 - Beach Club hands down

14 and over Boardwalk

Adults only Boardwalk

My sons over 21 loved the boardwalk inn and it does serve a continental breakfast in the belle vue lounge. They enjoyed the atmosphere and luxury. Surprised me that they prefered this hotel over the poly.

Glad to hear all the great reviews about the BW! It's kind of a relief, since we were planning to book BC, but it was sold out and we booked BW instead. I'm looking forward to trying it!

We just got back from Boardwalk and loved it! Rooms were spacious and simply beautiful! The main reason I liked BW is because it was a smaller hotel with less rooms, so that no matter where your room is your 'commute' to the bus stop, food/snacks/drinks, nightly entertainment, shops, lobby, pool, etc., was only a short walk.

Someone mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again. We had a 4th floor room with a garden view (I heard the rooms actually overlooking the boards can be loud) and had an absolutely PERFECT view of the Epcot fireworks, not only from our balcony but when sitting on the bed in the room!

My only complaint about BW was that we were on the dining plan and casual breakfast options were limited. Boardwalk Bakery has delicious food, but there are only so many pastries, bagels and egg sandwiches one can eat in a week. Unsure if BC/YC has more options.

Do you recall your room # or did you make any special request on your reservation? :)

Our room was #4296. Nope, no special request. Matter of fact we were supposed to have a standard view, and I believe the garden was an upgrade. It was a very slow week at Disney, guess that's why.

I assume everybody's asking b/c of the fireworks view, so I'll add this: Judging from the location of our room I would guess rooms #4298 and #4300 (at least) would also have good firework views. #4294 may have been blocked by a tree that was just to the left of our view.

My kids loved SAB when we stayed at YC, but were creeped out by the BW pool when we visited BW. We all find the clown thing a little disturbing.

Thanks everyone for all the imput!!! I have to agree that the clown pool is a little freaky looking:scared1: Still torn between the 2 though...decisions decisions:confused3 This is why I love planning soooooo much;)
Laurie:goodvibes

The clown slide totally freaks me out. Damn thing looks like it's throwing up people. :crazy:

I prefer the theme at the Beach Club much better.
New England seaside resort. No vomiting clowns.:rolleyes1
I've never stayed at the BW...but have stayed at the BC. You also have the shared amenties and dining facilities of the Yacht Club. I've visited the BW..and I don't believe they actually have on site..in the resort dining. I believe you have to venture out to the boardwalk to eat.

My kids loved SAB when we stayed at YC, but were creeped out by the BW pool when we visited BW. We all find the clown thing a little disturbing.

DITTO! The Clown Pool scares my teenagers!

They LOVE the BC... I'd LIKE to go elsewhere (just to TRY so I can talk about it on the DIS)...but they have begged for BC every visit....

We have gone typically in JULY...and really enjoy SAB....not had a problem with finding chairs...however we do spend a lot of time in the pool... so we aren't always looking for chairs...

You CAN see the Illuminations Fireworks from BC....but I'm an "Illuminations Purist" and I don't recommend viewing from anywhere but right at Epcot...so you can see everything....:rotfl:

Hugs,
Mary

DD11 loves SAB and she votes for YC in the summer months b/c of pool but BWI in the cooler months when we don't really swim. She doesn't care for the slide although according to DH, the slide at BWI is better than SAB slide but she isnt' a real slide lover so once you take the slid away from BWI, it is simply a pool where SAB is like a beach. if that makes sense....I soooo love BWI. We stayed CL last summer and it was beyond terrific. Ihope I feel that way about YC CL this summer.....I already warned DH if I get to YC CL and don't like the view, Iam taking it as a sign and putting in a BWI transfer request if available!!! :) (Last summer we had best of both worlds, pool was down a bit at BWI so we got to use SAB!!!)

Our room was #4296. Nope, no special request. Matter of fact we were supposed to have a standard view, and I believe the garden was an upgrade. It was a very slow week at Disney, guess that's why.

I assume everybody's asking b/c of the fireworks view, so I'll add this: Judging from the location of our room I would guess rooms #4298 and #4300 (at least) would also have good firework views. #4294 may have been blocked by a tree that was just to the left of our view.

Thank you so much. :)

In my opinion Boardwalk tends to be more of a party atmosphere, especially if you're overlooking the Boardwalk. The Beach Club seems more geared for families. I like them both, but for a family I would do the Beach Club. Good luck! :woohoo:

Wow I can't believe all the responses:thumbsup2 Thank you all SO much, it's great to hear all the different points of view. I think we are going to go with BC, since it was my 1st choice. I love the laid back feeling of BC and if we want action we can stroll on over to the Boardwalk:) I'm getting so excited for planning this next trip (even though it's not till next March). Our last trip was in Nov/Dec '09 and although it was just beautiful I couldn't fully enjoy myself as my mom's health went down hill while we were there. I only wish we could go back this year!
Thanks again everyone,
Laurie:goodvibes

I've been trying to figure out which deluxe I'd like to stay at for my Dec. trip (hopefully I can swing it!).

It was between BC and BW. Finally I decided on the BW. I was really impressed with the room pictures I saw and I think I'd like the atmosphere better.

Plus it'll remind me of going to the Boardwalk with my Grandmother when I was a little girl.

we are dvc ownwers, at both bwvs and bcvs.
we only use our bcv points at the bwvs, or rent them out now. my kids and nephews (ages 6yo-teens) didn't care for sab as it was sooooo crowded .(swimming was impossible), room views were poor compared to the bw, and all of us were not thrilled with the constant high noise level (in the lobby, hallways, and outdoors).

bc is great if you have little ones, but about 6 through adult will enjoy the amazing variety of uncrowded things to do at the bw much more, imho.

hth:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter