Be Our Guest breakfast-not on Dining Plan-is it worth it?

eyeontheball

Earning My Ears
We have a PPO reservation for BOG in two weeks (yay!). I was looking online to preorder and it looks expensive for breakfast. We have two adults, 2 children. Are the portions big enough to share? We have eaten there for lunch and loved it. Just trying to decide since we are paying out of pocket for it if it was worth it. Any thoughts?

When we went, we had an 8:15am reservation at BOG, with the park opening at 9am. We finished eating and were able to walk on to 7DMT before the park even opened - that made it worth it to me! It saved us from waiting in line for that ride for an hour or more, and we didn't need a FP for it. By 9:15 that morning, we had already been on 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and Winnie-the-Pooh.

The portions are ok size, but you also get the pastry platter. Google to see some actual photos and then make your decision.
We have also gotten the early Mine Train rides and that part is what makes it worth it!

The food itself is definitely not even close to being worth it. If you are doing it to get on several rides before the crowds start showing up, then you have to decide if it's worth it or not. Wife and I split the Feast a la Gaston, kid had the kid's scrambled egg breakfast. We basically walked on 7dmt, Space Mt, Tmld spdway, and Barnstormer afterwards. We could have probably done Space Mt as a walk on one more time if we wanted. Disney knows what they are doing. The prices are so much because they know that ppl will spend that much for the PPO access to rides. The food though? Nowhere even close to being worth it. You have to think of it as food plus early park access. I'd suggest that the adults should split a meal to take the sting out. The adult meals are sufficient enough to split and be sated until you find a better priced snack or lunch option.

We have a PPO reservation for BOG in two weeks (yay!). I was looking online to preorder and it looks expensive for breakfast. We have two adults, 2 children. Are the portions big enough to share? We have eaten there for lunch and loved it. Just trying to decide since we are paying out of pocket for it if it was worth it. Any thoughts?
whether or not the portions are big enough to share, you are allowed to share and you can grab a snack later if it's not enough. I think it is overpriced for what it is but as others have pointed out, supply and demand. for a few $$ more you can have a character buffet.

It's horribly overpriced (especially when considering lunch there).

The food wasn't great, other than the pastries, but the PPO breakfast set us up for an awesome touring day! It's possible to order kids meals for the adults, if paying OOP.

Definitely not worth it but would keep it since its ppo. For that I think it's worth it. Just share some entrees and the pastries

I am one of the few that thinks the food is fantastic. I had the croque madame, and it was definitely enough to share - especially with the pastry platter. It was one of my favorite breakfasts while there. We were on the dining plan, so we didn't order my son a kids meal. He got the croissant donut which he didn't come close to finishing. He didn't touch the pastry platter either.

As others have said, Disney doesn't make each person order.

So, a party of 4,5,6 or 10, can all share a cup of coffee and a cupcake.

At some point they will make it a fixed price and this cheap early admission perk will end.

But until then, order as little as you want.

I am one of the few that thinks the food is fantastic. I had the croque madame, and it was definitely enough to share - especially with the pastry platter. It was one of my favorite breakfasts while there. We were on the dining plan, so we didn't order my son a kids meal. He got the croissant donut which he didn't come close to finishing. He didn't touch the pastry platter either.

You are not alone. I like the food.

We've only ever eaten there on the dining plan for both breakfast and dinner. I think the breakfast is pretty decent...but I agree with some others that it is wayyy overpriced even for Disney. The two of us split a croque madame and the pastry platter...it's my favorite breakfast in all of Disney.

We went for breakfast this past Thursday. We only went so I could see the restaurant. Ordered 2 of the plastic cups (to bring back for the nieces) and one master's cupcake (because I really wanted the grey stuff). Took 30 minutes to get those, but we also got a plate of pastries (unexpected!). For $15.00 + tax, it was worth it.

Is it worth it? $14 for a bowl of Kelloggs Frosted Flakes. $24 dollars for a croissant donut. $24 for Disney's version of an Egg McMuffin. Ohhh wait I forgot, you get a plate of Entenmanns quality previously frozen pastries to go along with your order. Is it worth it? No way if your paying OOP... Not unless getting into the park before rope drop and then getting to the front of the line for another over-hyped attraction in the 7DMT is important to you. If it is, then I would suggest spending .69 cents on a Mickey Straw and a glass of tap water, get some pictures of the incredible decor of BOG and then get out of there, hit the 7DMT and a couple of other attractions early, go eat breakfast around 10 somewhere else, make use of your FP+'s and really maximize your day in the MK.

Is it worth it? $14 for a bowl of Kelloggs Frosted Flakes. $24 dollars for a croissant donut. $24 for Disney's version of an Egg McMuffin. Ohhh wait I forgot, you get a plate of Entenmanns quality previously frozen pastries to go along with your order. Is it worth it? No way if your paying OOP... Not unless getting into the park before rope drop and then getting to the front of the line for another over-hyped attraction in the 7DMT is important to you. If it is, then I would suggest spending .69 cents on a Mickey Straw and a glass of tap water, get some pictures of the incredible decor of BOG and then get out of there, hit the 7DMT and a couple of other attractions early, go eat breakfast around 10 somewhere else, make use of your FP+'s and really maximize your day in the MK.

Agree completely with ALL of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter