BCV Resort Configuration

There are about 15 dedicated 1 bedrooms at BCV. I have never stayed at one so I can't confirm on the closet. The closet was not there on our 2 bedroom, the doorway to the 2nd room was there! Hopefully someone who has stayed in a dedicated 1 bedroom can help. I have heard that those layouts in the book our not always exact though.

Doc, which way do the numbers run. For example when you come in from the parking lot what are the first room numbers on each side of the hall.

Also the hall that comes in from the front of the resort turn around what are the first numbers.

Do you have to specifically request a dedicated 1 BR at BCV at the time of reservation or would this be resolved with a faxed room request, or request at check in?

Doc--nice work on the map and layout of BCV. It's nice to have a feel for the property before you get there!

Thanks as always,
Nancy:earsgirl:
There are about 15 dedicated 1 bedrooms at BCV

They usually book lockoffs or dedicateds at the time of reservation. They are actually a room category rather than a request. I found this out when I booked a 1 bedroom at BWV and requested a dedicated. They said my reservation was already setup as dedicated, they book the dedicated first, then the lockoffs (because lockoff studios & 1 bedrooms split a 2 bedroom).

540 (marked with a *) is a dedicated studio, not a 2 bedroom. It's now my favorite studio. Spaceship Earth view and if you lean over the balcony a bit, you've got Illuminations.

Sorry to bump this up, but 555 is a dedicated studio. It does have an illuminations view & also a spaceship earth view if you lean out over the railing and look left. :)

Thanks for the info!

I stayed in 461 and it is a dedicated studio. It has a very large porch that wraps a bit around a corner.

Thanks for the info.

We just got back on Tuesday night from a BCV stay. We were in room 265, which was a one bedroom lockoff. It had a large balcony and the studio part of the lock off had an even larger balcony that went off out of sight around the corner. I know the units above us had small balconies and I think the next unit over from us also had a small balcony.
We did face the road that Doc mentioned and didn't find it to be a noise problem at all since it really doesn't have that much traffic. We could see a bit of the very highest Illumination fireworks (at the right edge of our balcony), and faintly hear the music, but not enough to make out anything.
We only saw 2 elevators; the main one and the one near the 20s. The parking lot one must have been well hidden because we did look for it.

When I was looking at the floor plans in the member guide, it shows the one bedroom as having a closet next to the entry door. Is this only the case with dedicated 1 bedrooms, and are there any? Just curious, because with all the little kid stuff we will have, that extra closet space would be good
We stayed in a 1 bedroom lockout and the door to the studio part is where that closet is in the 1 bedroom plan. The only thing (besides that door) in the entry area is a table. There is only one closet in the one bedroom lock-off and it is in the bath area. It was rather full already since they had a vacuum cleaner and high chair in it. Since the door opens into the closet, you can't put a lot of stuff toward the front of the closet.
When we took a tour, the CM told us that the dedicated 1 bedrooms did have a "hall closet" where the door in the door in the lock offs is.

In January we stayed in a 2BR accessible unit that had that entryway closet too I think. At any rate, the connecting door was in the living room like it is at BWV. Can't remember if it was dedicated or not though for the life of me.

A couple of weeks ago we were in 246, a 1 BR lockoff with a nice big balcony. Great side view of high Illuminations, could hear the music well too. Loved this room.

The closet was a mess until I unpacked it and tried again. I found if I opened the luggage rack and stacked our soft sided luggage on top and put shoes under it, I could actually close the closet door. Too bad the door doesn't open out but the design of the sink precludes that.

Thank you Doc! What a help!

Quick questions:
We want to stay in a 2 BR. Which area should we request that will be close to the:
bus stops?
walk to Epcot?

Thanks!

Originally posted by MrsG
Thank you Doc! What a help!

Quick questions:
We want to stay in a 2 BR. Which area should we request that will be close to the:
bus stops?
walk to Epcot?

Thanks!

Since the resort is housed all in one building, there is little difference where you stay relative to Epcot and the Bus Stop. It's probably about 75 yards from the furthest room to the nearest room- so that would be the difference in distance.

I'd suggest just requesting whatever view interests you and not worry too much about the location otherwise!

Enjoy!

Do you know which of the 2 BR Dedicated have the 2 queens in the second bedroom? That is what I requested with a view of Epcot. I am secretly hoping for a big balcony and to also be over the canal so we can see the aligator. I don't even know if there is such a room-I didn't put those in my requests. I just asked for a higher floor Epcot view.

Thanks for all the hard work Doc!

Is there similar configuration information available for Boardwalk Villas by chance?

The only thing I know of for BWV is a general <a href="http://www.mcdanieldesk.com/dvc/bwvmap.jpg">map.</a>

To my knowledge, no one has prepared a layout report for BWV, VB or VWL.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bump!
WebmasterDoc is too humble to make this post a permanent page-topper.

I was in BCV rm. 340 in 10/2003, and it's a studio. You've got it marked with a "*" as a dedicated 2BR. I can't remember if it was a dedicated studio, or a lockoff. We did indeed look out on a road, but like you said, there was no road noise with the balcony door closed.

Thanks for all the great info!

Dear Doc,
Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Your interest and help is greatly appreciated. I have been told that I can log onto my DVC Membership site and see the maps there. Your information will be very useful to use with something from their site as well. We are reserving a 2BR dedicated unit. I think I want to face Epcot so I can see the fireworks. On the other hand the pool would be great too. Probably won't be in the room to long with 3 Kids, and will be at the fireworks instead of watching them from the room. We own at Old Key West where there is really no view and we are quite happy there! We stayed at BWV last year in a 2Br with a Preferred View right above one of the restaurants (Brewery) it was a nice view ,but also noisy when you went on the deck. We are still young and don't care about total quietness yet, our three kids keep us enjoying the lively atmosphere there. Hopefully we'll get a room that is just right. We are there to have fun and will probably be happy with most anything! One more thing, how do you get the clock that countsdown to appear and all that other stuff like pictures, etc.

Happy New Year,
Cbsprings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter