BCV Resort Configuration

Thanks again, Doc... I can't wait to stay there. I can't believe how generous you are to help all of us out during your vacation.

I know this has slipped a bit in the last weeks, but since we are leaving in a couple of days I thought that I would print this out and maybe someone else might want it also.

Thanks again Doc

We have just returned from my first trip as a DVC member. We stayed in room 550 (EPCOT view, lockoff studio) and watched the illumination show from our balcony. We requested a two queen bed studio but ended up with a queen bed and a pull-out sofa. Does anyone know if two queen bed studios are available at BCV? The lobby area has two elevators with a third elevator not far from the parking lot. I believe all three go to the fifth floor. We used the lobby and parking lot elevator and we stayed on the fifth floor.

None of the BCV lockoff studios have 2 queen beds. Some of the dedicated 2BR's have 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom.

The elevator nearest the parking lot only goes to the 4th floor (the 5th floor does not extend to that area of the building), but the elevators near the lobby do travel to all 5 floors.

Thanx for the info Doc! It sure looks like lots of work!
This is very valuble info to anyone staying at BCV.

Doc, just so you will know, I was in Room 549 this past Thurs-Monday. I rode the pool elevator many times when coming back into the building from the parking lot. It does indeed go up to the 5th floor.

Doc,

Thanks so much! We are BCV owners staying there for the first time in Dec. I have had a difficult time getting "oriented" with this resort in spite of looking at other maps and many photos. Now it's all clear!

Thanks Doc that is great. Do you know if anyone has done this with the BWV? I would be interested in printing this if it was done before??
Thanks

I rode the pool elevator many times when coming back into the building from the parking lot. It does indeed go up to the 5th floor.

Thanks for the correction!! I did ride that elevator during my exploration, but obviously couldn't read my notes when I wrote up the report!! :(

No one has posted a similar report for BWV, VWL or VB. I have stayed at al of them, but didn't get it done for those resorts. Will have to add that to the list for the next trip to those locations! :)

Doc, unless you specifically look for the sign on the 5th floor, you may not necessarily find it. You actually make a little turn off the main hall, and then it is around the corner. I probably would not have found it or even looked for it, if I had not come in the pool entrance door on the 1st floor one night and ridden it up to the 5th floor.

Wondering if you found like I did, that looking down some of those hallways looked like "Alice in the Looking Glass"?

And, I would also like to add that I truly appreciate the time it took for you to do this. You are much more generous in sharing your vacation time than I am. :) Now that I have been to BCV I can certainly use your list to better visualize just where I wish to be staying.

We were first assigned room 528 which is a studio on the 5th floor, it had a huge balcony and a pool view but was a handicapped room so we asked to be switched to another room and were put in 155 which faced Epcot but really face a road. It was quiet though and you could see the higher fire works from the patio. The studio on the 5th floor had a door leading to another room. The studio on the first did not.
Thanks for posting the info, Doc. I never completely figured out what was where so this helps! Sheila

You said corrections would be appreciated and I just noticed-#339 is a dedicated studio, not a dedicated 2 BR. Very nice studio!

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the great map.

Here's a question about it: I didn't see any x35 numbered rooms. A recent post on another thread talked about a great view and big balcony in room 535. Were they mistaken? Are there no x35 rooms? Or am I missing something?

Pls let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards, Kevin

While I didn't find any x35 rooms doing the survey, my eyes aren't what they used to be and I certainly could have missed a room.

I may be able to go over there tomorrow to do a recheck, if I have time. If anyone has any other corrections, please feel free to email me with the details!

There is no 535. I believe 553 has a large balcony. It would be a dedicated 2 bedroom with a garden view and also a great view of illuminations.

Thanks guys, the person on the other thread probably meant 553

We leave on Friday for our first stay at BCV and I want to be sure to know what kind of view, balcony, etc. to ask for.....

Walter 69 you're right sometimes the fingers don't work too good. it was indeed 553 not 535 and watching the sun come up every morning with a cup of coffee on that balcony was truly one
the most relaxing times we have spent in a long time. hope you get a great room and have a wonderful trip.

When I was looking at the floor plans in the member guide, it shows the one bedroom as having a closet next to the entry door. Is this only the case with dedicated 1 bedrooms, and are there any? Just curious, because with all the little kid stuff we will have, that extra closet space would be good.

Thanks, if anyone knows!
~Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter