BCV bad views?

ilovefh

Is it Disney time yet?
I'm hoping to stay at BCV in Nov. (currently waitlisted). Do they have any bad views at BCV?

Thanks!

I guess I would say not really.....unless someone jumps in and tells of a terrible view. It seems most views are courtyard, pool, and Epcot view...There are a small handful of rooms that overlook a courtyard, but they can also see the main drive up entrance for the BC--not sure if that's considered a "bad" view or if it could be noisy?

We were very fortunate and ended up with a fabulous view of Epcot and the fireworks at night.

47b3da30b3127cce96656f4b87b90000001610

47b3da33b3127cce9662e75acee50000001610

However, be aware that this view also comes with a high traveled road below you and for some this is unappealing. The buses use this road in the morning and you can hear it quite often. Didn't bother us at all though. :) Good luck with the waitlist!

Wow that's a great view! I'm pretty easy going, just curious to see what others qualify as "bad". I'm the type that is just happy that I'm in WDW and able to afford DVC at 23 so it doesnt matter so much where I stay! Which is why I bought SSR, it was the same price as a resale for me, but included 12 yrs more! I'm travelling with a friend who has never been to WDW so I want her to have fun!! Anyway, I'm a bit excited, I was officially approved today for financing, I wasn't worried that I wouldn't be, but it makes it more real once you actually see the approval!

Here is a link with some room reports and it will give you some view comments. http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/beachclub.pdf
This will give you an idea of “sectional views”. It is extremely difficult to ask for a specific room (as well as trying on the CM’s). With the new room ready policy, guests have reported getting several choices at check-in and this may than help

I have also created a sheet that just has some highlights of rooms that may not work for everyones needs. You might find that helpful instead:
http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/dvcsummary.pdf

The files arein adobe acrobat and which can be downloaded from this site for free:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Happy travels,
Sandy

BCV is a great choice if your friend hasn't experienced Disney before at all.....either that or Boardwalk would be great choices. There is plenty to do and so much is accessible. Congrats on getting the approval--I know how you feel :) I bought in at 20!

Thanks InstImpres for the links! I think I'll be pretty happy with any of those views!

niks81- We have ressies at BWV and are waiting on BCV waitlist. Either way we'd be happy. Heck...we'd be ok with any of the resorts! One friend has ben to WDW twice...once with me last yr, and the other has never been. This is her vacation for "herself" since her husband is currently on a 3 week backpack trip in England without her! I'm hoping she'll enjoy the food and wine festival.

JMHO....in your case I'd almost say stick with Boardwalk. We went two years ago--myself, my husband and my best friend. It was the perfect resort to "bring a friend". There was so much entertainment, the clubs right below, etc. Very lively over there. That's not to say BCV wasn't fun--it is in the center of the action but just more laid back.

Plus, at BW we had a BW view and that was fantastic!! We didn't have to leave our room to be entertained :rotfl: We were right above the morphing mirror on the Boardwalk....all the people coming back to their rooms from the clubs (after drinking) would stop and freak out at the mirror :)

I've stayed at BWI once and that is one of my most entertaining memories....watching the drunk people come back to their rooms via the boardwalk! They were quite entertaining!

Probably should have added that if you are a big pool person, stick with BCV ;) In the past I haven't really spent much time in the pools just because we've always been busy at the parks or shopping....but at BCV we spent a whole day at the pool. It is a great time!

The pool was part of y decision for BCV. I tend to be a bit commndo on vacation, so I'm hoping we can try to relax a bit more this time! I try to rationalize it by saying that I get in for free anyway, so I'm not missing out on park ticket days like with a UPH, and my friends will be using my one day PH's, and they were free, so if we onyl use them to go to the park for an hr that is fine too...cause they were free. I'm trying but the rationalizing hasn't helped much yet! :D

We stayed @ BCV last fall, I don't know how often you use your balcony, but we put our kids to bed and like to sit outside. We had a view of the quiet pool and I personally didn't like it. There are big bright lights on at night, we felt like we had spotlights shining down on us. We would have preferred a different view, but still had a great time and would definitely go back. Have a great time!!!

We had the courtyard view on our trip last year (view of the courtyard between beach club and BCV). We did not care for this view very much. I think the other views seem fine and I think we will be happy with any of them on our next visit (although we did request Epcot view).

Originally posted by Lexxiefern
We had the courtyard view on our trip last year (view of the courtyard between beach club and BCV). We did not care for this view very much. I think the other views seem fine and I think we will be happy with any of them on our next visit (although we did request Epcot view).

I tend to agree with you Lexxiefern - I have walked the perimiter of BCV and that is the only part of the resort where the views are so so

thanks
jaysue

I think this is a real good example of how subjective "bad" vs. "good" views are. I had a courtyard view studio and loved it. Yet, a few months ago, I got the Epcot view (the picture posted above looks like it could have been taken from the studio I was in), and the road noise was very bothersome to me. I missed my courtyard studio where, although I couldn't see Illuminations, I could sit on my balcony and hear the music played at World Showcase-loved it! But I know I'm in the minority here-for my next trip, I requested "not Epcot view" and the CM at MS was very surprised.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
I think this is a real good example of how subjective "bad" vs. "good" views are. I had a courtyard view studio and loved it. Yet, a few months ago, I got the Epcot view (the picture posted above looks like it could have been taken from the studio I was in), and the road noise was very bothersome to me. I missed my courtyard studio where, although I couldn't see Illuminations, I could sit on my balcony and hear the music played at World Showcase-loved it! But I know I'm in the minority here-for my next trip, I requested "not Epcot view" and the CM at MS was very surprised.

That's why I have to chuckle when people say "it was my turn to take the bad room". Because it isn't bad to everyone!

I didn't care for the courtyard view - you liked it:teeth: I don't like first floor rooms - I have read many people who request it.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
ITA. After one trip staying in an Epcot view villa at BCV--that I did not request! I will now, always request a non Epcot view at BCV. Although the the fireworks from Illuminations are very close to the Epcot view villas, so is a very busy and very noisy road. The view of Illuminations fireworks last tops 15 mins--not worth it imo, for having the almost constant traffic and noise from the road. Also in all truthfulness, we find the view of Illuminations fireworks to be farther away but a better view from BWV and YC rooms then from the BCV epcot view villas. Nope, we did not like these villas at all. We thought it was the worst room view, we have ever had in any WDW resort. We love BCV but will gladly pass on Epcot view villas for our future BCV trips.
Yep, bad and good are very subjective indeed, especially when it comes to people's likes and dislikes for WDW and it's many and varied components. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter