BCV at 7 months

erinkristen04

Mouseketeer
We (ok, more me and less DH haha) have been perusing resale listings for our potential first DVC contract. We've never stayed at Beach Club so it isn't currently on my radar (and truth be told, the expiration year has me a little skittish), but I know in a few years when our kids are older (i.e., better swimmers haha) we definitely want to give it a go. From what I'm reading, though, seems that you can kiss any idea of a BCV stay goodbye unless you own there. Any of you have experiences to the contrary? Part of the allure for DH was the idea that we could, in theory, use points to stay at some of the other resorts (Riviera excluded) when we want to change things up, but if we are essentially locking ourselves out of any opportunity to stay at BCV which is a resort that's def on our 'future must try' list, then I start second guessing what I'm doing. It doesn't help that my brain is sluggish this week as my kiddos haven't been sleeping well so I'm basically running on coffee and DVC daydreams, so any advice/suggestions/considerations are all appreciated! :)

If you want to stay there you should be ready to book right at the 7 month day. December is pretty sparse right now with only like 3 days to string together. I guess it probably depends on the time fo year and if you're open to split stays.

Depends on when you are going and what size room (1BR is easier than studios, for example). But it can be done if you enjoy the chase (booking right at 7 months, stalking the website, using waitlists efficiently).

If you want to stay there you should be ready to book right at the 7 month day. December is pretty sparse right now with only like 3 days to string together. I guess it probably depends on the time fo year and if you're open to split stays.
Thanks! Never done a split stay but not opposed to it, so that's a good thought. We would probably be looking at spring/summer months since the kids' schedules will undoubtedly dictate when we take those trips with all 4 of us
Depends on when you are going and what size room (1BR is easier than studios, for example). But it can be done if you enjoy the chase (booking right at 7 months, stalking the website, using waitlists efficiently).
I LIVE for the chase lol, that is definitely my personality type! We would probably be looking at spring or summer months for trips where the kids are joining. Are there certain times of year that odds might be slightly better for a 7 month booking there? Not familiar with how waitlists work so looks like that's something I need to educate myself on. Thanks!!

Thanks! Never done a split stay but not opposed to it, so that's a good thought. We would probably be looking at spring/summer months since the kids' schedules will undoubtedly dictate when we take those trips with all 4 of us

I LIVE for the chase lol, that is definitely my personality type! We would probably be looking at spring or summer months for trips where the kids are joining. Are there certain times of year that odds might be slightly better for a 7 month booking there? Not familiar with how waitlists work so looks like that's something I need to educate myself on. Thanks!!
Spring break will probably be tougher than summer, but both are doable. Studios will tend to go right at the 7 month mark (if they are not already gone), but as long as you start the chase at that point, you can piece something together over time.

We own at BWV, which from a location standpoint, has all the perks of BCV. However... we have kids, and dash it all, kids love SAB @ BCV. (And frankly... so does my DH). And the only way you can access SAB is to stay there. When our kids were younger (i.e., 6,4,2) we would lock in on a 2BR dedicated right at 7 mos. A studio can be tougher (if for example the grandparents wanted to tag along). We like trying all the resorts, and used to do split stays all the time (combining a BCV stay with a few nights at AK-Kidani , for example). It was a great way to experience more resorts / pools/dining options / park proximities. Our kids are now much older; we added one on, lol, and the 2 eldest got married. But dash it all - they STILL LOVE SAB. On our last trip, it was Dec, a bit too cold for swimming, so they were all happy staying in a BWV GV (who wouldn't be? And that's one thing BCV doesn't have... a GV.) But for our July '22 trip - it was unanimous - BCV please! But I already knew with the existing demand on studios, combined with travel surge and post-pandemic point restrictions, getting 2 studios (for the newlyweds) AND a 2 BR at 7mos mark was a real gamble. Solution: I found another DVC member through a reputable 3rd party willing to do a 1 time pt transfer of BCV pts they were unable to use. I got enough pts to secure the 2 studios for the first 3 nts of our 6 nt stay and first 2 nts of a dedicated 2BR, at about 8 mos out from our trip. I was then able to get the rest of the reservation locked in (extending the reservation) when my 7-mos window hit using the left over pts from my BCV pt transfer along with my own BWV points, with just a slight edge in timing over others. This worked out perfectly... and was definitely necessary as BCV filled in FAST at the 7 mos mark. July was booked solid (with MAYBE one or two open days in a 1BR) when I realized that dang it - I wanted one more night in the 2BR at the front of our trip. By this time it was April. So I went ahead and waitlisted for that one extra nt in a 2BR in July... and lo and behold, a week later, wish-list granted.

So yes - 7 mos can be done... but it takes planning, ESPECIALLY at a peak season. Note that BCV (like BWV) is affected not just by holidays like Xmas and Spring Break, but due to its great proximity to EPCOT and HS, also SW Wkend @ HS, EPCOT festivals like Food & Wine, etc. And with SAB, it's also popular in the summer mos. (So basically... it's always popular, lol.) Room choice matters (with studio MUCH tougher to get than 2BR, and 1BR perhaps being least in demand of the 3 types). If timing is tight or weather is cold, and you don't plan to access pool as much but really want to stay in that general area - you could consider BWV, which has more rooms / options and doesn't fill QUITE as fast as BCV. (And there's no more scary clown in the BWV pool, lol, which is a definite plus, if not for kids, then certainly for any adult who ever read Stephen King.) And there's always water parks with much bigger lazy rivers, etc. For what it costs to add that water park "plus" to a pass/ticket these days (about $20, give or take, across a 5 day pass), you can MORE than compensate for SAB with a trip or two to TL/BB.

Hope this was helpful...

We own at BWV, which from a location standpoint, has all the perks of BCV. However... we have kids, and dash it all, kids love SAB @ BCV. (And frankly... so does my DH). And the only way you can access SAB is to stay there. When our kids were younger (i.e., 6,4,2) we would lock in on a 2BR dedicated right at 7 mos. A studio can be tougher (if for example the grandparents wanted to tag along). We like trying all the resorts, and used to do split stays all the time (combining a BCV stay with a few nights at AK-Kidani , for example). It was a great way to experience more resorts / pools/dining options / park proximities. Our kids are now much older; we added one on, lol, and the 2 eldest got married. But dash it all - they STILL LOVE SAB. On our last trip, it was Dec, a bit too cold for swimming, so they were all happy staying in a BWV GV (who wouldn't be? And that's one thing BCV doesn't have... a GV.) But for our July '22 trip - it was unanimous - BCV please! But I already knew with the existing demand on studios, combined with travel surge and post-pandemic point restrictions, getting 2 studios (for the newlyweds) AND a 2 BR at 7mos mark was a real gamble. Solution: I found another DVC member through a reputable 3rd party willing to do a 1 time pt transfer of BCV pts they were unable to use. I got enough pts to secure the 2 studios for the first 3 nts of our 6 nt stay and first 2 nts of a dedicated 2BR, at about 8 mos out from our trip. I was then able to get the rest of the reservation locked in (extending the reservation) when my 7-mos window hit using the left over pts from my BCV pt transfer along with my own BWV points, with just a slight edge in timing over others. This worked out perfectly... and was definitely necessary as BCV filled in FAST at the 7 mos mark. July was booked solid (with MAYBE one or two open days in a 1BR) when I realized that dang it - I wanted one more night in the 2BR at the front of our trip. By this time it was April. So I went ahead and waitlisted for that one extra nt in a 2BR in July... and lo and behold, a week later, wish-list granted.

So yes - 7 mos can be done... but it takes planning, ESPECIALLY at a peak season. Note that BCV (like BWV) is affected not just by holidays like Xmas and Spring Break, but due to its great proximity to EPCOT and HS, also SW Wkend @ HS, EPCOT festivals like Food & Wine, etc. And with SAB, it's also popular in the summer mos. (So basically... it's always popular, lol.) Room choice matters (with studio MUCH tougher to get than 2BR, and 1BR perhaps being least in demand of the 3 types). If timing is tight or weather is cold, and you don't plan to access pool as much but really want to stay in that general area - you could consider BWV, which has more rooms / options and doesn't fill QUITE as fast as BCV. (And there's no more scary clown in the BWV pool, lol, which is a definite plus, if not for kids, then certainly for any adult who ever read Stephen King.) And there's always water parks with much bigger lazy rivers, etc. For what it costs to add that water park "plus" to a pass/ticket these days (about $20, give or take, across a 5 day pass), you can MORE than compensate for SAB with a trip or two to TL/BB.

Hope this was helpful...
Oh and I should add, when I was looking to get that extra day added - DVC MS was actually able to offer me a 1BR on a cash discount, so it wasn't as if ALL inventory was gone. A few years ago, we brought family along and I secured an extra studio for them on a DVC discount. What we're seeing right now is out of the ordinary demand levels... (but what about the past 2 years has been "ordinary" ANYWHERE?)

And your DH is right about the benefits of staying in various resorts - certain ones are great for certain ages, too, based on amenities / park proximity, etc. and your own personal sense of comfort. We USED to do a lot of split stays (like 3 nts here, 4 nts there; we once did a 2 AKL / 5 BWV / 1 BLT, mainly because it was Xmas and that's what was available, when I decided to add one more night!) Now that Disney regards split stays as separate trips and won't let you book your dining across the entire trip - that's no bueno. So this upcoming trip is allllll BCV. We can't really do Poly with our crew now because it's all studios and super-point-pricy bungalows - but it was AWESOME for a DH-n-Me only anniversary trip. We (especially DH) LOVED the amenities there (pools, monorail access, dining, walking trail to GF or TTC, etc.) Since joining in '99 (when our kids were 5 and 3 yrs old, and two not yet born), we've done OKW, SSR, BR (used to be VWL); AKL-K, BLT; BCV, HHI (in SC), VGC (at Disneyland), and of course, our home, BWV. Eventually we will get to Vero... but alas, DH is just not keen on Riviera or GF (he's not an Uptown Guy, I guess... so maybe I'll stay in them on a girls-only trip with my daughter & daughters-in-love, lol, who aren't as adverse to that feeling!)

Cheers -

100% agree with the rest of your post, but this bit is actually unusual. Late July is typically the easiest time of year to get a 7 month reservation at most resorts.

And having traveled in late July / early Aug in past - I'd agree with you. Unfortunately - our trip commences in the July "single digit" days, lol, and stops short of that typical "shift" in travel that occurs around the 20th or so of July.

That, combined with the current travel surge that's happening post-Covid, made the month more challenging (or as you noted - unusual). And not just at WDW. US-O was showing far more sold-out status for certain rooms / resorts that I had ever recalled seeing in July, too - also extending pretty far into the month / to August.

Oh and I should add, when I was looking to get that extra day added - DVC MS was actually able to offer me a 1BR on a cash discount, so it wasn't as if ALL inventory was gone. A few years ago, we brought family along and I secured an extra studio for them on a DVC discount. What we're seeing right now is out of the ordinary demand levels... (but what about the past 2 years has been "ordinary" ANYWHERE?)

And your DH is right about the benefits of staying in various resorts - certain ones are great for certain ages, too, based on amenities / park proximity, etc. and your own personal sense of comfort. We USED to do a lot of split stays (like 3 nts here, 4 nts there; we once did a 2 AKL / 5 BWV / 1 BLT, mainly because it was Xmas and that's what was available, when I decided to add one more night!) Now that Disney regards split stays as separate trips and won't let you book your dining across the entire trip - that's no bueno. So this upcoming trip is allllll BCV. We can't really do Poly with our crew now because it's all studios and super-point-pricy bungalows - but it was AWESOME for a DH-n-Me only anniversary trip. We (especially DH) LOVED the amenities there (pools, monorail access, dining, walking trail to GF or TTC, etc.) Since joining in '99 (when our kids were 5 and 3 yrs old, and two not yet born), we've done OKW, SSR, BR (used to be VWL); AKL-K, BLT; BCV, HHI (in SC), VGC (at Disneyland), and of course, our home, BWV. Eventually we will get to Vero... but alas, DH is just not keen on Riviera or GF (he's not an Uptown Guy, I guess... so maybe I'll stay in them on a girls-only trip with my daughter & daughters-in-love, lol, who aren't as adverse to that feeling!)

Cheers -
Your posts have been very informative, thanks for taking the time! Yes, Poly is actually the resort I've been focusing on for the most part... unpopular choice in light of all the uncertainties with the new tower, I know. But like you said, given the ages of our kids, the location and amenities are perfect. There was nothing better than getting off the boat from MK, feeling stressed out (and, frankly, aggravated after my 4 year old had a straight up meltdown over a balloon LOL) and hearing that tranquil Poly music, walking straight to the pool bar for a lapu lapu, and feeling the cool sand between my toes while I sat and watched the kids calm themselves and play in the sand. Instant relaxation and Disney magic for me. I already loved Poly before that moment but my gosh, I had an entirely new appreciation for that resort as a parent traveling with littles after that day haha! For the foreseeable future, I really think that is where we will want to be and, since the kids are still little, we all fit fine into the studio (and the 2 bathrooms are a plus) so I'm not bothred by that limitation with "Poly1", but I do love the idea of being able to change it up as they age (and try out different places when DH and I take an occasional quick adult getaway). DH and I stayed at Yacht Club several years ago before kids so I completely understand the allure of SAB and the location (unreal, especially as we were there during Food and Wine). Its one of the reasons I know we will DEF want to stay BC in the future, so just really hoping I won't be limiting myself but sounds like if I play my cards right, it may definitely be possible (albeit never guaranteed). Your strategies for how you approached your bookings and getting points are appreciated, I need to search the forum for more posts like that because its an angle I wouldn't have thought about before!

BCV at 7 months gets harder every year.
  1. It's a small resort.
  2. Anyone buying BCV in the last 5+ years is buying it for exclusive use - they only use BCV points at BCV.
  3. Every new resort adds points to the 7 month system, and many of those buyers want to book/try BCV.

I LIVE for the chase lol, that is definitely my personality type!
If you're willing to work at it, you can definitely piece together a trip using a combination of 1- and 2-night waitlists and stalking the website. My daughter's school recently announced a schedule change that caused us to move our trip inside the 7-month window. Through a very concerted, month-long website stalking effort I've been able to, one-by-one, pick up 6 nights in a BCV studio for the first week of October (during the Food & Wine Festival and one of the busiest times for DVC)... just waiting on one final night, which I have waitlisted and am also still stalking the member booking tool. It's definitely a chase, as you put it, but our family is so excited for our upcoming trip and there's definitely an adrenaline rush each time I find an available night!

BC 1BR and 2BR aren't impossible. I have booked one or the other in every trip I wanted one. I travel off peak, and I am OK with split stays and moving, so maybe it's only a night or two, to be fair.

I even got a waitlist to fill for one night of BC studio once.

Maybe it won't work every trip, but you will be able to try BC here and there.

I've been able to book most of my DVC wish list rooms, actually. AKL Club level, AKL value, OKW 8 point room, WL in December. It takes patience. I think it's kind of exciting to use the waitlists and stalking, like a game. I still need to stay BLT theme park view and BW view. I actually did get these to fill at some point, but didn't use them for my immediate trips. Someday.

Last edited:
Agree. We stayed for 7 nights in a 1 BR beginning 1/1/22. At 7 months, I booked the couple of nights that I could and then checked in every couple of mornings while I was waiting to put the kids on the bus and picked up the entire stay. Of course, our plans changed and we flew out a few day earlier so did a split stay with Poly with because I wanted to be near MK for NYE.

Similarly, we’ve also had luck with a waitlist matching for BWV Boardwalk view 1 BR for 10 nights this Thanksgiving. This just switched over in my reservations last Friday so I don’t know when it matched but I didn’t waitlist it until May 12th, which was nearly a month after the 7 month window based on the first day.

Number 3 is such a SOLID point... and now I'm back to feeling unsure again... Drat!!
DVC members are always changing reservations. So who gets the room at BCV that comes available 3, 4, 5 months out? The members that work for it (i.e. the chase). Don't let it dissuade you. If you are willing to put in the work, you can make it happen (generally).

Our BCV stays so far:
2017 late summer: studio (rented points, booked around 8-9 months in advance)
2021 spring break: 1br (3-4 nts)
2022 late august: 2br ((4 nts), currently stalking/WL a studio too*

If there is a particular date that you absolutely must stay at BCV, another option instead of buying a BCV contract (which imo is a little overpriced unless you want to stay there ALL the time) is to rent/transfer points. On our upcoming trip we had BLT and VGF points to use, for a split stay, so we are using cheap BLT points for EP/HS - I spaced a little and missed the 7o window by a few days - a RIV 2br was a too many points (+81 points!!) plus missing a night, but BCV 2br was available. (BWV, since all 2br are LO, was also missing a couple nights). So BCV it was. Then we saw my sister in April (yes, last month) and they wanted to come too, so now I'm waiting on night 3 of a studio, having waitlisted and stalked nights 1, 2, 4 (thank you VGF2). Granted 2021 was covid but we figured we'd want to stay at BCV maybe every 3 years or so, so we'd just check at 7mo and see what was available. So far it's been working out. I'll never spend Christmas or New Year's there, but I'd rather be at my home resorts then anyway.

We do split stays…. Usually 3 and 3 for a 6 night trip. We were able to pick up a 1 bedroom at BC and I’ve had it as an option for other trips (summer and after Thanksgiving are when we typically travel), but we opted to try other resorts. Kids are too young for SAB to be enjoyable… we said we’d be back in a few years when we can trust them on their own. If you have some flexibility and will do 1 bedrooms, then I think you’ll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter