BCV at 7 months

We do split stays…. Usually 3 and 3 for a 6 night trip. We were able to pick up a 1 bedroom at BC and I’ve had it as an option for other trips (summer and after Thanksgiving are when we typically travel), but we opted to try other resorts. Kids are too young for SAB to be enjoyable… we said we’d be back in a few years when we can trust them on their own. If you have some flexibility and will do 1 bedrooms, then I think you’ll be fine.
Thanks for your input!! I hear you on kids being too young for SAB, that’s my sentiment at this point too (mind are almost 3 and 5). I think in a few years when they’re older it’ll be perfect. What other resorts does your family enjoy when littles are in tow? We have been pretty loyal to Poly so far but I want to try other resorts for sure!

BCV at 7 months gets harder every year.
  1. It's a small resort.
  2. Anyone buying BCV in the last 5+ years is buying it for exclusive use - they only use BCV points at BCV.
  3. Every new resort adds points to the 7 month system, and many of those buyers want to book/try BCV.
100% agree with these points! As a mother of 2 sons who have grown up with DVC, this was their favorite resort as youths, and even more now!
Stormalong Bay is by far, the best pool on property, and you can only get in by staying there.
Proximity to BWV, Skyliner, Epcot & DHS are amazing.
Dining options that are within walking distance, simply the best (Yachtsman is our fave) but being able to walk to Epcot for whatever suits your fancy is beyond compare.
It is very hard to get studios at 7 months as mentioned,and will only get harder.
Most important rule still stands.. Buy where you want to stay! Who knows what the future holds, so owning your favorite resort is key. The fewer years have absolutely no impact in our decision. If anything, makes me want BCV even more. I would much rather stay where I love for 20 years, than where I don't for 40-50.
Yes, I am a BCV fan :)

Thanks for your input!! I hear you on kids being too young for SAB, that’s my sentiment at this point too (mind are almost 3 and 5). I think in a few years when they’re older it’ll be perfect. What other resorts does your family enjoy when littles are in tow? We have been pretty loyal to Poly so far but I want to try other resorts for sure!
Yes... they were 4 and 6 when we tried SAB and while we thought it was an awesome pool, it just wasn't relaxing for us. The location for access to Epcot and HS was awesome though, so we are doing a split between poly and BWV this summer. The only other DVC resorts we haven't tried are OKW, SSR, and Riviera... we've really enjoyed the pools at all the other DVC resorts. Since we do split stays and typically go for a 1 bedroom for the second half of our trip, we haven't had any trouble switching into other resorts. When it comes to split stays people seem to either love them or hate them... we love them and usually split between a MK resort and AK or Epcot resort.

Yes... they were 4 and 6 when we tried SAB and while we thought it was an awesome pool, it just wasn't relaxing for us. The location for access to Epcot and HS was awesome though, so we are doing a split between poly and BWV this summer. The only other DVC resorts we haven't tried are OKW, SSR, and Riviera... we've really enjoyed the pools at all the other DVC resorts. Since we do split stays and typically go for a 1 bedroom for the second half of our trip, we haven't had any trouble switching into other resorts. When it comes to split stays people seem to either love them or hate them... we love them and usually split between a MK resort and AK or Epcot resort.
This is us, too! We usually split between MK and EP/HS area. Sometimes we throw AK in as well.
Pools that are more fun and better suited to little kids:
VGF - feature pool and splash pad are very close and shady seats are pretty easy to find.
RIV - same + quiet pool is large enough to do laps and is also close
POLY - would love to try someday. Maybe w Poly tower :)
BWV - I loved the clown pool. LOL. There is a shallow kiddie pool too.
AKV - both Jambo and Kidani pools are great! we went to both when we stayed there. I think the big slide at Kidani is better but Jambo pool itself is huge.
CCV - would like to try - we've seen it but haven't stayed there yet
BLT - the DVC pool is adequate. Because it's DVC only, it's not that crowded and it's convenient. 2 slides, 1 big, 1 small, and good food/drink options right there.
OKW/SSR - haven't tried yet

Swolphin - also has a decent pool! We stay there when we are out of points or for last minute stays.

I wish we had stayed at BCV before we purchased our second and third contracts since we would have purchased there. We decided to try and splurged on a 1BR and fell in love.

That said, the one thing we have found is yes, 1BRs are easier to get but they sleep four and the studios sleep five. I think this adds to the pressure on studios. For us, if we still have to fold out a bed in our living space, it is not worth the points for a 1BR.

I will add one thing about SAB and buying BCV (at its price point and expiration date) for that reason alone. It is an awesome pool, but the window in which it is the perfect pool for kids is relatively short. If your kids are all at the age where they are content playing in the sand...you are good. The moment you need to keep your eyes on them, SAB is a gateway to grey hair - the sightlines are miserable. Then there is the golden age, where your kids are strong enough swimmers and independent enough that you can relax a bit (and a lot of this depends on your comfort level - the slide entrance at SAB scares a lot of parents for reasons other than water - I don't have that much "stranger danger" anxiety). But after a year or so of that, the kids would really rather be at a real waterpark and spend the day at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach than SAB.

Years ago we managed to book BCV for late August in a two bedroom with our middle schoolers - but they weren't nearly as impressed with the pool as I expected them to be....they wanted a waterpark. Home for us is BWV, so we've gotten to use SAB a few times over the years when the BWV pool has been undergoing maintenance - and there was an age when they were preschoolers when we had a great time in that pool (BWV pool is deep all over and the slide is big - BCV has the pirate ship kids slides and zero entry). The little bit older....apparently "the slide at BWV is a lot better, Mom." We've pool hopped twice - once from BCV to the BW because my kids liked the BW pool better :)

“but the window in which it is the perfect pool for kids is relatively short”

Based on my family’s experience, it was perfect from 2-71, though to be fair my mom hasn’t aged out of it yet. So the upper bound is probably closer to 95 knowing her. 🙂

It really just depends on you and your family.

“but the window in which it is the perfect pool for kids is relatively short”

Based on my family’s experience, it was perfect from 2-71, though to be fair my mom hasn’t aged out of it yet. So the upper bound is probably closer to 95 knowing her. 🙂

It really just depends on you and your family.
Agree 100000%! Our family loves water, pools, water parks, the ocean, you make it. I’m quite surprised some think it’s just for kids.

Before you buy a contract at the Beach Club you should stay there and make sure its what you want. In my humble opinion you may reconsider that purchase. Comparing this resort to other DVC resorts it falls short. The location is great and the pool is top notch if not always overcrowded. The rooms are inferior to almost any other DVC room. The View is horrible and the dining choices there are poor. On top of that you will be paying a premium of $160-170 a point for a contract that expires in 2042. Boardwalk may be a better choice with more room options and a cheaper price point if you need that location. Riviera rooms are outstanding and the Skyliner makes it only a few more moments to Epcot. Its closer than you think. Just my opinion.

Before you buy a contract at the Beach Club you should stay there and make sure its what you want. In my humble opinion you may reconsider that purchase. Comparing this resort to other DVC resorts it falls short. The location is great and the pool is top notch if not always overcrowded. The rooms are inferior to almost any other DVC room. The View is horrible and the dining choices there are poor. On top of that you will be paying a premium of $160-170 a point for a contract that expires in 2042. Boardwalk may be a better choice with more room options and a cheaper price point if you need that location. Riviera rooms are outstanding and the Skyliner makes it only a few more moments to Epcot. Its closer than you think. Just my opinion.
There is something for everyone and I agree, always stay somewhere before you buy! Personally I wouldn’t stay at Riviera or AKL if it were free. Dining options are unlimited if you consider Epcot world showcase is within shirt walking distance. Also just steps to the skyliner. Again, everyone likes different resorts for different reasons, which is why there’s one for every taste

Not sure if you think the BCV rooms have an inferior layout or are just run down. I just stayed there in March and thought the room was fine. BCV is scheduled for a refurb this year or next.

I recently enjoyed a BCV studio for 4 nights during April spring break (4/8-12). I happened to be looking for rooms during that time and it was available so I snagged it! It was exactly the 7-month mark. I chalked it up to luck and I wouldn't count on it again.

I purchased a BCV contract last year because it is my favorite resort and I wanted to be sure I would get a room there. It was the resort that made me consider DVC to save money, so for me it wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money and not be able to stay there. I see availability there for dates less than 7 months away, but it is really rare. People mention stays at BCV as triumphs when they don't own there. I have to agree with previous posts... staying there will only get harder, but not all BCV points will be spent there. I spent some of my BCV points staying at BLT and Poly, for example. Still, I wouldn't pay the premium just to be able to stay there once. Staying there once is feasible through chasing and waitlisting.
Regarding small kids... I should add that I traveled last March with my DD3. She loved Mickey and Minnie's voices in the elevators and the sand at the pool, but she enjoyed much more the splash area for small kids at the Poly. Let's see how it goes in our next stay.

Not sure if you think the BCV rooms have an inferior layout or are just run down. I just stayed there in March and thought the room was fine. BCV is scheduled for a refurb this year or next.
Same thing. Last March I stayed there twice in different studios. One was very well kept, the other not so much. The layout is still old, no Murphy bed yet, but I think they have a refurb scheduled for this year or next and this will be changed, I'm sure. Refurbs change the room completely, just check what happened to Saratoga. But location... well, no refurb can change that, and in my opinion BCV has the perfect location. Being able to walk to 2 parks... BCV and BWV share this advantage...

I was able to book a 2 bedroom at BCV just within the 7 month window. I kept watching and waiting for the 'walkers' to move their reservations forward and found a room to book. We've never stayed there either but had a 1 bedroom booked before Covid and moved to BWV instead. We are doing a split stay in September at BCV and a cabin at CCV.

I really do not like having to walk through the lobby to get to SAB. The room layout was fine for us, but I wouldn't stay there again. When we bought, they were selling (and building) BCV and we bought BWV resale and until I stayed there I always wondered if I made a mistake. I didn't. So I agree that before you spent that much more money for that many fewer years, make sure that its going to be a resort you love and want to stay at all the time - that the pool will be worth it for your family for many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter