Bc vs poly vs yc

prune1977

DIS Veteran
Which one to do, we're going back to Disney in sept, kids are 8, 6, & 3. We've decided against gf and have it narrowed down to these 3. Bc we can do for about $400 less for the week than poly, we will be doing the waterparks & more for the first time this trip, thanks for any help.

Which one to do, we're going back to Disney in sept, kids are 8, 6, & 3. We've decided against gf and have it narrowed down to these 3. Bc we can do for about $400 less for the week than poly, we will be doing the waterparks & more for the first time this trip, thanks for any help.

We haven't stayed at the YC, but have stayed at both the BC and Poly and the Poly would my choice without hesitation. The BC/YC is great as they are close to Epcot/DHS and you can't beat being within walking distance to both parks (although the Poly is also convenient to Epcot as it's just a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail). With that said, the Poly is our favorite for several reasons. We love the tropical atmosphere, the rooms are quite a bit larger with all rooms having a daybed, the beach is great for watching the fireworks, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks, and the volcano pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a view of the castle in the distance. We did enjoy our BC stay, but we think the atmosphere, pool, and dining options are better at the Poly. Good luck.

Well BC vs. YC the only real differences are the decor and at YC you will definitely have a full balcony while at BC you can request it, but it isn't a guarantee. BC is a tad closer to Epcot, but you are only talking a few minutes nothing major.

Poly honestly doesn't interest me as far as the theme. If it was cheaper than BC I might try it to be close to MK, but we booked BC this trip for the location. You get to walk to Epcot and HS (or take a boat) and we'll probably hop the monorail over to or back from MK to avoid the bus now and then as well. You also get the Boardwalk entertainment and a ton of dining options in the area which appealed to me. BC/YC's pool is said to be the best on property as well.

Really it mostly depends on where you want to be and which resorts theme appeals to you most.

If you are a hot tub lover, the Poly doesn't have one yet. I'm waiting to hear when they have one installed, then Poly will be the next resort on my to do list.

This year we are doing the BC. My kids love Epcot and DHS, so the proximity to those two make it very attractive for us. Stormalong bay is an amazing pool, too!

YC/BC have SAB -- which is a great pool -- but if you are going to the waterparks that might not matter as much. It's also a nice location if you like to visit Ep/DHS, not as good for the MK. We like to have dinner at Epcot, so this is a great location for us. YC pretty much guarantees a balcony.

Poly -- looks like you've stayed there so you know what it's like. Great location to visit the MK -- another fun pool (not as elaborate as YC/BC, but very fun). Nice to watch the fireworks from the beach or balcony... and pretty good access to Epcot, too. The rooms at the Poly feel larger than the ones at the YC/BC.

They are all great choices -- I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I put YC/BC together because to me they are 2 parts of the same resort complex. I've stayed at both and liked both -- most people with kids seem to prefer the BC.

I couldn't decide so I'm doing a split stay at the BC and Poly this summer! I think you'll be happy either way.

Never stayed at YC, but have stayed at Poly & BC. Would pick BC. Not really a Poly fan. Love the atmosphere and pools at BC and walking to Epcot. Enjoy!

Hard choice, all are great resorts and I have stayed at all 3 several times.

I would think at the ages of your children, you will spend most of your time at the Magic Kingdom. Also with 3 children in the room, Polynesian rooms are larger.

So Polynesian gets my vote.

No bad choices here! We've stayed at Poly & Bc, & going to GF & YC in August.
With the ages of your kids, I'd prob go with Poly. Monorail or boat to & from MK, and a quick walk to TTC for Epcot. Plus Poly has a Zero entry pool, and you can watch Wishes & Electric Water Parade from the beach. Rooms are larger, and there's just something magical about seeing the Castle from your resort.

We had a GV room in Tokelau in the beach end of the building. Great location, and all the rooms have balconies in Tokelau, Tahiti, and the other newer longhouses. The other ones don't have balconies on 2nd floor rooms. Having a balcony will give you some extra living space, ESP if the kids are going to bed earlier then you.

I've stayed at all 3. I like the Poly's atmosphere the best but I find the room decor and the main pool fall short in comparison to the YC&BC. I also prefer the convenience to Epcot and HS.

However, with 3 children under 10, I would want the larger room and the convenient access to the MK. Poly gets my vote for your family as long as the $400 price difference is not going to have a huge impact on your vacation budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter