Bay lake tower odd / even rooms

Shawnh91

Earning My Ears
Looking into a 1br as a new resale owner at bay lake tower. What are the differences between an even and odd numbered room? Is one or the other larger or is the space just used differently?

Edit: I think I understand the 1br differences. Does anyone know if there are any differences in studios?

Last edited:
The even numbered, outer ring, are slightly larger. Note those units have stools at the counter in the kitchen area, when the odd numbered, inner ring, do not have enough space for them. The laundry area in the even units are small closet type, where the odd units have a laundry room. I think the sq footage, there can't be more than 10-15 feet difference, but in the living area it is noticeable.

The even numbered, outer ring, are slightly larger. Note those units have stools at the counter in the kitchen area, when the odd numbered, inner ring, do not have enough space for them. The laundry area in the even units are small closet type, where the odd units have a laundry room. I think the sq footage, there can't be more than 10-15 feet difference, but in the living area it is noticeable.
It seems very noticeable to me! We plan on having 2 sleep in the living room so this will make a big difference, thanks!

Any differences in studios?

Both are very small, too much space was used for the kitchenette/bath so the living/sleeping area is very tight. I would not enjoy a studio if I had more than 2 of us.

Both are very small, too much space was used for the kitchenette/bath so the living/sleeping area is very tight. I would not enjoy a studio if I had more than 2 of us.

This would be particularly jarring since we have only does studios at OKW and PVB before.

Sounds like we should request an even number either way.

If you plan on a 1 BR, you should be very comfortable in either odd or even room. Even, north end would provide a view of the MK and fireworks. Where the odd side you have every other persons staying on the odd side looking right into your unit, but you will/should have a good view of the water parade, Have a great trip!

Looking into a 1br as a new resale owner at bay lake tower. What are the differences between an even and odd numbered room? Is one or the other larger or is the space just used differently?

The space is actually quite similar but is used differently. Because of the curved shape of a building you get kind of pie or wedge shaped rooms. Those on the inside (odd numbered) have the smallest piece of the pie towards the balcony and largest toward the entry way. So the living area and bedrooms aren't quite as wide as the even numbered rooms. The most obvious is no stools at the kitchen island. You have a full sized walk in laundry room. In the even numbered rooms the smallest part of the pie is at the entry and widens out on the balcony side. So a wider living area and the laundry is in a closet.

The space is actually quite similar but is used differently. Because of the curved shape of a building you get kind of pie or wedge shaped rooms. Those on the inside (odd numbered) have the smallest piece of the pie towards the balcony and largest toward the entry way. So the living area and bedrooms aren't quite as wide as the even numbered rooms. The most obvious is no stools at the kitchen island. You have a full sized walk in laundry room. In the even numbered rooms the smallest part of the pie is at the entry and widens out on the balcony side. So a wider living area and the laundry is in a closet.
This will be our first time in a 1br so we definitely won’t miss the laundry room. Sounds like even number rooms are our request!

This will be our first time in a 1br so we definitely won’t miss the laundry room. Sounds like even number rooms are our request!
Both even and odd one bedrooms have laundry facilities within the villa. The odd number on the inner side of the C have a large closet with the washer and dryer, plus storage space. The even numbers on the outside of the C have the smaller laundry closet like the BWV, BCV, BRV, SSR one bedrooms. Folding door on the space, open the door see the stacked washer and dryer. No extra storage space in the closet.

You'll have laundry. It's just in a little closet instead of a little room.

Any differences in studios?

I was hoping to hear what differences there were in the studios too. I assume the same even-number=outer/odd-number=inner holds true? Thus, the evens should be (or feel) a tick bigger, right?

I was hoping to hear what differences there were in the studios too. I assume the same even-number=outer/odd-number=inner holds true? Thus, the evens should be (or feel) a tick bigger, right?

I don't think there's as much of a difference with them. Or it's so little it isn't as noticeable. I only toured an odd numbered 2 BR lockoff- have always gotten even numbered when staying at BLT - and it wasn't until walking into the 1BR section that I noticed there was a visible difference.

I would have to imagine that the bathroom and kitchenette area are slightly wider in an odd and the bedroom area is slightly wider in an even.
I just need validation!

Something else to consider (regardless of room type) is the noise level in the rooms on the inside of the ring (odd number rooms). Between the music and people, the noise from the pool area is fairly noticeable and it bounces around the inside of the ring so it can get quite loud. If you're looking for a slightly quieter experience I'd recommend requesting an even-number room.

W
Something else to consider (regardless of room type) is the noise level in the rooms on the inside of the ring (odd number rooms). Between the music and people, the noise from the pool area is fairly noticeable and it bounces around the inside of the ring so it can get quite loud. If you're looking for a slightly quieter experience I'd recommend requesting an even-number room.
Awesome point, I didn't think of that. Now I’m even more sold on an even room!

We stayed 1x at BLT (2/2016), a 2 bedroom lock-off with our friends. I had emailed requests to member services, high floor and an even numbered room. We got the high floor and an odd numbered room. But it really worked out for us...we were on the top floor! We had to use our magicbands in the elevator to make it go up to our floor. (No one told us this...we rode up and down for a while until we figured it out, lol.) We were able to walk to the Top of the World lounge from our room whenever we wanted (and whenever it was open...) We had a great time there with our friends...it felt like our own private lounge at times! I believe the studios are the same size no matter what side they're on. The 1 bedroom is the part that is pie shaped. We had no problem sleeping 3 in the living room of the 1 bedroom--my 2 girls (age 12 and 16) on the sofa bed and our friends' daughter (age 14) in the sleeper chair. I was hoping to post a pic...but apparently I only have pics of the views from the balcony.

Last time we had an even numbered 1 bedroom and it was perfect. This year we have rented a 2 bedroom. Are there also 2 bedrooms on the even north side of the resort? We are also trying to decide on requesting a specific room.

Last time we had an even numbered 1 bedroom and it was perfect. This year we have rented a 2 bedroom. Are there also 2 bedrooms on the even north side of the resort? We are also trying to decide on requesting a specific room.

Yes, all the room views and villa sizes are on the even side. Odd side of course does not theme park view but has all villa sizes also in lakeview and standard view categories.

We've only stayed on the even side, in a studio, 1br and 2br. One thing to consider is while you don't have pool and courtyard and daytime nice, the fireworks are loud enough to shake the windows on the outside of the C. Amazingly, my kids can sleep through that, but only if they are already asleep when the fireworks start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!