Bar and/or Lounge recommendations

Baseline Taproom at DHS makes for a nice break and some fun people watching. We also love Trader Sam's at Poly and Hangar Bar at Disney Springs. We also enjoyed the Edison at Disney Springs after 9pm. They had some entertainment and it was a fun atmosphere.

Fave: Hanger Bar, Trader Sams (especially after 8 when they banish kids!!) Nomad lounge at AK, Pub at the Rose and Crown (DH loves his Guiness!)

My sis and I have a Sept trip planned (just the two of us...not taking our kids!) and THIS POST is making me not want to cancel!! I've never visited any of the bars/lounges on WDW property before, and many of the ones mentioned in this post are on our list to try! *sigh*

Fun thing I did with my daughter trip when she turned 21 - we hit all the bars on the monorail tell I had to pour her to bed !! It was a lot of fun! We did snacks and had a dole whip !! Started at the Top if the Tower and ended at the Poly!!

Crockets Tavern at fort wilderness campground is our absolute favorite. The weather in November will be perfect if you want to just use the walk up counter and take your drinks to go to enjoy on the rocking chairs of the porch that surround the tavern/trails end. If you time it right you could watch the electrical water pageant from the shore of the marina area at the fort with a drink in your hand.
That is good to know, we may stop there before or after our Hoop De Doo show. Or maybe both1

We really liked Rooster's Roost at Port Orleans Riverside ( with or without the Yeehaw Bob show ) and Jellyrolls at Boardwalk Inn.

Don't think I saw it mentioned but The Forbidden Lounge upstairs at Morimoto is really nice. Great drinks and great apps. Territory Lounge in WL is awesome. Great drinks and the cheese fondue is amazing.

Me and my family are drunks. We spend more time in the parks drinking than actually riding rides. I highly reccomend Trader Sams, The pool bar at Caribbean Beach, The Wave and Nomad. Those are our favorite. Every trip we do the monorail bar, drinks around the world and more. There is a lot of small bars in resorts to get walking drinks and go around. Have fun!!

#1- Trader Sams @ the Polynesian
#2- Nomad Lounge @ AK
#3- Victoria Falls @ AKL
#4- La Cava del Tequila @ EPCOT Mexico Pavillion
#5- Geyser Point @ Wilderness Lodge

Honorable Mentions: Barcelona & Three Bridges @ Coronado Springs (if the NBA is gone by then 😉), Tambu Lounge @ the Polynesian, The Wave @ the Contemporary, Tutto Gusto in Italy, Rose & rown in the UK, and Raglan Road.

This is my favorite question that people ask me when traveling to Disney World. As a DVC couple in our 30s without kids we spend a lot of our Disney time in lounges... and love it!

Last edited:
My husband and I love trying different lounges. Our favorite thing to do is a progressive dinner/drinks around Disney springs or around resorts. Our favorites have been trader sams, Jock Lindsey’s(especially when they had that fall offering pretzle last year!), tambu lounge at the poly, Jaleo during happy hour because their happy hour is wonderful as is their sangria, and geyser pointe. Have a great trip!

If you are looking for something a little different, I'd recommend going to Dahlia Lounge on top of the Gran Destino Tower, have a drink and catch the fireworks at HS and EPCOT from the balcony. Afterwards head down stairs to the lake and get a bite to eat at Three Bridges Bar and Grill, great food and drinks and it should be perfect weather in November.

Baseline Taproom at DHS makes for a nice break and some fun people watching. We also love Trader Sam's at Poly and Hangar Bar at Disney Springs. We also enjoyed the Edison at Disney Springs after 9pm. They had some entertainment and it was a fun atmosphere.

Yeah I like. Baseline taproom. Good selection of craft beer and in a good location to sit for a bit.

Hanger bar and Edison are good spots in DS which I normally hit the day I drive down. After driving 6-7 hours hitting either of those afterwards to relax is perfect.

There is also one i hit sometimes right outside of dinosaur. Think it's part of retauntasourous. I hit that one since often dinosaur is a 4th or 5th FP for the day and if I have some time to kill I'll drop by there and grab a beer. There is a separate door for the bar area from the QS area. That is one I often hit mainly due to location. A nice place to rest especially if waiting on dinosaur FP.

#1- Trader Sams @ the Polynesian
#2- Nomad Lounge @ AK
#3- Victoria Falls @ AKL
#4- La Cava del Tequila @ EPCOT Mexico Pavillion
#5- Geyser Point @ Wilderness Lodge

Honorable Mentions: Barcelona & Three Bridges @ Coronado Springs (if the NBA is gone by then 😉), Tambu Lounge @ the Polynesian, The Wave @ the Contemporary, Tutto Gusto in Italy, Rose & rown in the UK, and Raglan Road.

This is my favorite question that people ask me when traveling to Disney World. As a DVC couple in our 30s without kids (yet) we spend a lot of our Disney time in lounges... and love it!
La Cava is ok but it is super hectic, crowded, can't get a seat, hard to get drinks, and way overpriced. At least that is our experience the couple times we've been.

La Cava is ok but it is super hectic, crowded, can't get a seat, hard to get drinks, and way overpriced. At least that is our experience the couple times we've been.

Crowded, hard to get a seat, and overpriced YES. But that Avocado Margarita and the queso is absolutely worth it! I don't even like avocado that much... but I have dreams about that marg! Our last few visits we were able to wait under 20 mins and get a table. But if I can't, I just get it to go. Unfortunately, they don't have the avocado outside at Choza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter