Ban Wagon -2011 Edition

:woohoo::woohoo: one step closer to be a homeowner :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: maybe when we meet up, we can go shopping for your new home!!!

Congrats Rachal!!! BTW, I would love to have that kitchen in my house (my kitchen is tiny), it's like a hallway. I have a total of 3 feet of useable counter space.

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

This calls for some :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: I can't wait. We may have to do a IKEA trip. I can spend all day in that store and not buy a thing. :lmao:

most definately, haven't been to IKEA in forever!!!

Congrats Rachal!!! BTW, I would love to have that kitchen in my house (my kitchen is tiny), it's like a hallway. I have a total of 3 feet of useable counter space.

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

boy that is tiny :scared1:

I've been a good girl today :) DH let me go in Hobbycraft (the ONLY B&M shop withing 25 miles of me) as we were going to that area to pick up a game for DS(11) and I didn't buy a SINGLE thing:goodvibes Maybe because Stickles, for example, are £3.49 EACH :scared1: (yes, over $5 and that's for the small ones)
Think I'll stick to the internet:rolleyes1 ALTHOUGH they did have a cute sizzix thingy that looked like a handbag and was for embossing for cards or something:confused3 DH decided we didn't have room before I could get a good look:headache: but maybe for my birthday..... What could it have been and do I want one:confused3

Good luck on the new house!

Cheryl, but it looks like you have usable cabinets! And I bet you have a dining area.

Here's our kitchen. At first, you think, oh this is cute, it's nice and open. But then you realize that it is also the only dining area in the house, and is barely big enough for 4 people. Since it's just DH and I we keep the table pushed up against the wall. When our parents are here, we pull it out and push it back every day. There is no way to host Thanksgiving EVER.

kitchen1.jpg

IMG_5173.JPG

You will also notice there is no pantry. We have some food in the big upper cabinet to the left of the sink. But there are 3 shelves inside, and not one of them is big enough to hold a box of cereal (which is why it is sitting on the toaster in this pic). I had to find special containers to dump the cereal into that were short enough to fit in the space. Also the only cabinet that will hold a frying pan, is the lower cabinet left of the dishwasher. There is a fairly large cabinet to the left of the stove, but it has a tiny door, making it unusable. I have some seldom used baking stuff in there. Our dishes are in the corner upper cabinet. Everything else is super tiny spaces. No room for appliances or, like I said, a pantry. Those things are stored in the laundry room. Oh, and there are 3 drawers. Barely, enough room to store utensils, pot holders and linens. No "junk drawer" in this kitchen.

Also, we have a lack of counter space, with all the needs on the counter (microwave, toaster, knife block) so I squeezed in my Mom's old butcher block, which is 2' x 2'. It sits in the spot right in front of the sink & stove. Just enough room to open the oven and the cabinet doors. But it gives me a space to roll out dough, cut stuff up, etc.

The kitchen was definitely the compromise in choosing this house. We have a "do we stay or do we go," plan where in about 6-7 years we decide if this will be our "forever" house or if we want to move. If we stay, we are going to take the back off the house and push it out about 20 ft. Add an actual dining area, larger kitchen, add a master bath, and extend the master bedroom.

P1050227.jpg

P1050226.jpg

P1050225.jpg

P1050224.jpg

since we are sharing, here is my kitchen!! after living for so many years in yucky rentals, apts and a kitchen I HATED in our house in CA, this is my dream!! love everything except only 4 drawers and 3 are very small so had to get knife block and utinsle holder for my counter....I've never had so much counter space before...love having the natural light with my big window too, makes washing dishes so much nicer!

Cheryl that is tiny! But its pretty. :)

Hope, we had one just that same size, no drawers, no pantry, we had wire shelves in the laundry space, no place for a table. But its pretty, :lovestruc no yellow and green.

Lisa, Stunning! I love the black counters.

We're going to do white cabinets with black counters.

I need to decide what color to paint the in between. I think we are going to put the fridge where the "pantry" is and move the pantry to the wall with the fridge, make it narrow but long, so things don't get lost in the back. :idea: and once that wall is gone it will seem bigger and give me some extra space, the kids can help cook from the otherside of the counter :lmao:, right now I feel like I can touch everything at once.

I think i may have to disney-fi it some how too. :rolleyes1

I think these for http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00085853 but i want glass doors up top, motivate me to keep them organized. ohh and i want the fancy shelves that pull out so i can find my stuff!

Ohhhhh just got the email that the seller has accepted our offer!!! now to wait for the bank and the inspection!!

Oh I love those cabinets!!

I'd take a pic of my kitchen but it's a mess. Let me see if I can find a decent pic.

ETA: nope can't find one. but it's basically galley style with zero counter space.

Hope--you're right there is an eating space connected to the living room. But, you kitchen is so pretty :)

Lisa--you have my dream kitchen :love::love: We've tried to figure out how we can remodel and enlarge the kitchen, but, we haven't figured it out yet. I don't spend much time in there and I'd rather have my swap space be twice as big as my kitchen rather than the other way around ;)

Lisa, your kitchen is beautiful!

The weather outside your window...why I'm glad I'm not in the PacNW anymore. And that looks like it's a good day, because there is some light in those clouds. :lmao:

Cheryl that is tiny! But its pretty. :)

Hope, we had one just that same size, no drawers, no pantry, we had wire shelves in the laundry space, no place for a table. But its pretty, :lovestruc no yellow and green.

Lisa, Stunning! I love the black counters.

We're going to do white cabinets with black counters.

I need to decide what color to paint the in between. I think we are going to put the fridge where the "pantry" is and move the pantry to the wall with the fridge, make it narrow but long, so things don't get lost in the back. :idea: and once that wall is gone it will seem bigger and give me some extra space, the kids can help cook from the otherside of the counter :lmao:, right now I feel like I can touch everything at once.

I think i may have to disney-fi it some how too. :rolleyes1

Rachal, the only problem with black counters is that they show DUST really BAD! same with my black stove top.

Lisa, beautiful kitchen! And so clean! Is that a Keurig I spy on the counter, aka, the Best.Invention.Ever?

Yes it is, and red is my FAVORITE color, so bonus for me, LOVE having my one cup of fresh coffee each morning!! its only clean cause I cleaned up before I took the pictures :lmao: my counters usually have clutter!

Hope--you're right there is an eating space connected to the living room. But, you kitchen is so pretty :)

Lisa--you have my dream kitchen :love::love: We've tried to figure out how we can remodel and enlarge the kitchen, but, we haven't figured it out yet. I don't spend much time in there and I'd rather have my swap space be twice as big as my kitchen rather than the other way around ;)

you need to find a computer program that you can plug in your measurements, etc to see if its workable....I love your scrap area, plenty of space!

Lisa, your kitchen is beautiful!

The weather outside your window...why I'm glad I'm not in the PacNW anymore. And that looks like it's a good day, because there is some light in those clouds. :lmao:

Thanks, its actually a light grey today, but raining, we are supposed to get some sun breaks the next few days :rolleyes1 but not holding my breath!

Ditto what you said!

budget for the month -did ok. We actually had $$ left over at the end of the month
no scrap spending - using only stash didn't do so hot. I bought paper and adhesive, which were ok but I didn't need the ATG.
I do have an allowance for adhesive but it must be either on sale or bought with a coupon. Did use a 50% off coupon for the ATG
clip more coupons - I failed miserably in 2010. did really well here. I need to tally my receipts.
NO EATING OUT!!! I made the mistake of tallying the January receipts for eating out, it was bad. Real bad! did pretty good here, except when it snowed. After shoveling for 2+ hours 2 days in a row we ate lunch at Fast food places a few time. Will tally my receipts.
All coupon and card savings, as well as meal out savings will go into the WDW fund. need to add all this together and see where we are at.

Here is my update. No one has posted for about 10 days, how did we do for January???

ETA:
Tallied receipts:
scrap supplies: $120.49
eating out: $100.49
Starbucks: $16.25

difference between eating out/starbucks/groceries 1/10 and 1/11: Saved $322.31.
Grocery bill went way up but the eating out went way down.

coupon savings/reusable bag credit/shopping sales on clothes for 1/11: Saved $721.87

Ok I'm jumping on.

We are trying to buy a house and I need to reign things in so that I can paint, buy new things and make it ours. We bought a house!! Realtor said that we would have approval from their bank today. still waiting...

On the scrapping front, I have still been using most of my stash while scrapping/swapping. And only buying paper/embellies if I don't have any of that theme. Scrapped my stash mostly, had to get some baby boy stuff for a present for the realtor since we dont have such things around here. bought adhesive, blades for my straight trimmer and cricut mats

Pictures are a must!! I have been using my coupons especially for snapfish, my last order was for 645 prints, which would have been $86.31 but i paid $48.20 because they sent me a 25%off and free shipping. :cool1: waiting for a new deal to order more pics, but i think i am good for awhile

Carts- DBF bought me 5 for Christmas, including all of the new disney so I am set there. I also picked up Twinkle Toes at walmart for $25 today, that will be my last for a long time. And since its dance I will get loads of use out of it.still havent used many of my new carts, just no time.

Household

Really need to eat in more often. This is so hard with the work schedules around here, but we are going to limit to once per month. I need to get over to the crockpot sticky and start some meal planning. we had 1 dinner out, 1 pizza night, and 3 of us had popcorn and nachos and the movies twice, tron and narnia so not too shabby. DBF usually splurges on the eating out its his one vice. Oh and he did get me subway for lunch one afternoon.

Make Coupons my new friend. I was doing really good for awhile. I love saving more than I spend. I usually forget the ones that I need at home. :eek:

Baby Steps....:upsidedow

Updated!

I stayed at my $25 scrap spending for the month, which was just on Cricut cartridges. I ended up not going to Archivers and using a coupon on the couple things I wanted. Not that that means I have any extra money. I just transferred my scrap spending to Disney pin spending. My parents went shopping for me at Disneyland and the CM stores in CA, and I bought some stuff on Ebay.

Feb goal is to keep pin spending, scrap spending and eating out spending contained.

I'm in...

Goals for Jan:
get budget in order (it's in order but get pay off dates for 2 CCs that are almost done!) Done; first check paying everything as planned and still have savings money!!!
get van flush/fill of radiator/trans (a first of month thing) Radiator done; tranmission moved to feburary but found a $30.00 off coupon for that job!!! ~ Will be moving up the drive belt to 1/10 because they said it's cracked... so do that first; Drive belt done!
catch up on 2010 4-H books Done for both kids!!
catch up on fall sports books for 3 kids Caught up their fall sports team/indiv photos. Working diligently on individual meets/games etc as I do the monthly scrapping.. So, DD & DS14 have their Dec/Nov things done...
no swaps Done and loving it!!!
purchase only needed photos (I find I have duplicates and triplicates of photos I didn't think I ordered but I did) odered photos 1/8 and total cost of photos was 2.52 (8 in s/h)
pull more grocery coupons (I do a bit but need more) Done; got a lot to pull for Feb.
no eating out this month (we are on a family mission not to eat out for one month and when we get the urge we will pull the money from the ckg and put into the savings) My dad is buying Little Ceasars for us since he is staying over night

Did really well this month!
Will hammer out my February goals and post them tomorrow provided we have power! Been icing about 2 hours... a freezing rain, sleety mix...
I only spent 10.00 out of pocket on paper this month... but when I came home I found 2 packages of DCWV stacks I had misplaced! So I should be good for next month!!!

I have got to join...went off the deep end this year. I have enough supplies to open a couple of stores and no room for it!!! My husband is threatening to video my supplies and send it in to hoarders!! I will have to buy adheasive and printer ink / paper for photos. I am going to push myself to use my scraps when possible to get that pile down, use supplies on hand, start using swap items that I have nicely collected this past year and only buy items I will use immediately. I ordered photos from snapfish and shutterfly using discounts. Started getting them off laptop...need to keep plugging away at that! Had to buy adheasive 2 times.The buying MUST be limited to no more than $50 a month, including Cricut carts or anything else. So, not many carts will be bought. Ok...went a little over here...$20 over...:sad2: I bought some paper that I got a great deal on. But I also ended up getting 3 Cricut carts for under $60 and two of them are brand new releases! So, next month I will try to make up for the extra spending and allow less.That covers the scrapping ban wagon...now the household...limit eating out to once a week We did great here...except the reward night for DS!!, clean out cabinets by using items in meals Still have to do this., lose the holiday lbs to get back into some older clothes and not buy any new this year. This will start as soon as the cookies are out of the house. I had baking supplies to use up from Christmas so I made several batches!! (You know sometimes shopping your own closet is as good as shopping a store!!) That's all I can think of for now...

****had to change the eating out to once a week according to DH...he says we will never make once a month and not set our goals so high that we fail miserably!! LOL

Now, I have to seewhat February's goals will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter