Balance due date

hsc3boys

Mouseketeer
What with everything that’s going on does anyone know if Disney travel company in the U.K. is changing or relaxing the rules regarding due date for final Balance?
We have a holiday booked for 13th June, some of it is with my DVC points which is easier, but 6 nights are cash with free dining, as we are a big group this year it makes everything more complicated and we booked flights separately.
I still have my fingers crossed that all will be good by then but balance is due in April when things could still be up in the air.

Hi there

I don’t know the answer but I’m keen to find out too. I’m booked to go to WDW on 14.08.20 and due to pay up in June :(

Just called about exactly the same thing due to payment due date in April. They said unfortunately the international side has not been allowed to delay their payment dates, so payment dates still stands. Options to amend/change/cancel etc are the same.

As I booked our flights separately I don’t want to cancel or change dates unless the flights are cancelled, that’s the only way I will get the money back on the flights I believe. But how far in advance will they cancel the flights, by which time trying to change dates will probably be impossible, even more so as 6 nights cash and the rest DVC points.
Who knows when all of our travel party will be able to go at the same time again!
Trying to stay positive and hope that they will be up and running again after Easter.

It is very difficult. I’m in similar boat with booking for 13th Aug. My current thinking is that I don’t want to go even if the flights are running. I might lose the like £4.5k I’ve laid out but better than getting the virus in a foreign country. Even if flights are running it is unlikely this virus will have been completely eradicated.

So your choice is either pay the money and if cancelled and your insurance covers you get it back. Or just bail now.

Disney are refunding for bookings up to 30th June so if I pay balance and then need to cancel I will get the money back, just not the flights unless they are cancelled.

Disney are refunding for bookings up to 30th June so if I pay balance and then need to cancel I will get the money back, just not the flights unless they are cancelled.
They may be now, but surely that would be dropped if the parks did somehow reopen by then?

U.K. 2020 tickets are now valid until 30 September 2021.
That’s not really much use for a 2020 UK package booking with free dining. Assume you decide, even if back open for your 2020 date, not to go and book again for next year you’d have to book new tickets to get the free dining.

They may be now, but surely that would be dropped if the parks did somehow reopen by then?
Don’t believe so as that was the official line when they very first shut and were planning on opening in April. I can’t see them going back on something already in print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!