Balance Due Date Changed

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
I changed my CAA discount to the new room-only CTN code and received the updated invoice in the mail today.

The original reservation was with a 5 day cancellation policy and balance due at check-in. The new invoice still says 5 day cancellation policy but now Disney wants the balance paid 21 days before arrival. I have already paid the required one night's deposit.

On the first invoice I had an "AAA room-only package" and now I apparently have a "CTN Disney package".

I don't see what the difference is but it would appear that my CRO reservation has now become a WDTC reservation even though the CM said that there were no other changes on my reservation when I made the switch and she seemed to think that I wouldn't even receive an updated invoice! Well I didn't think that was true but it looks like this invoice is through the WDTC.

I read on the resort board that others have had this happen to them too but when they phoned Disney, it still showed as a CRO reservation on their computers with balance due at check-in.

Since I prefer to pay the balance at check-in, I'm going to call and see what it says on their computer. I'll let you know what happens!

hi julie,
this happened to me last spring, i called back too and they said not to worry , the balance wasn't actually due until check-in. i didn't have any problem with this at all, and did not pay more until my arrival:D
kathe

Thanks Kathe, it looks like this is happening a lot. You'd think they would fix the program so you got a correct invoice.

I noticed that the due date was early on my reservation too. It didn't bother me too much because I was playing the "Canadian-U.S. exchange rate" game and planned on paying the balance when I felt the rates were best....Paid last week when the dollar was $1.278 (Cdn$ is down 2 cents from that date, so my timing was pretty good:D ). It is frustrating when there are so many different 'interpretations' on the Disney policies.

I've had this happen many times. I just call CRO and confirm that the balance isn't due until check-in. I always write down the name of the person who has told me this and record it on my reservation confirmation. That way if I have a problem at check-in I can give them the name of the CM that told me it was okay.

I've never had a problem at check-in, but I would call CRO and confirm so that I had a name to give them if there is a problem.

Have a great day!!

WE are booked for Feb.24 and I have to pay one night by Jan 31 and the rest when we check out. I hope that hasnt changed.

Yes, you've really got to "be on your toes", don't you! :rolleyes:

I phoned Disney this morning and their system still shows my balance due on check-in. I first asked her if she was a "CRO" agent and she said did I mean "Room-only". When I asked her why this was happening she said there must be a glitch in their system. I guess I'll decide whether to pay in advance depending on how the dollar goes.

Julie ... who's all going for your March break trip ? Are both boys going with you? And where are you staying this time?

Mary Liz

Hi Mary Liz, dh and I are both going this trip. This time I am driving down with him rather than taking the bus down before him like last March Break! ;)

The boys are staying home again. They really have no interest in Disney, although Dan likes to eat in the restaurants there! LOL They made out fine last year, so I have no problem with leaving them at home.

We chose to go at March Break again because then I have no worries about them (Tim especially) getting to school on time. ( I guess that's the 'mother' in me! ;) ) Dan is 19 and Tim is 16.

I have us booked the first two nights at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista (we always stay here the night of arrival anyway) and the next 5 nights at Pop Century, which I am really looking forward to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter