Bakery in AKL?

Ragnrok23

DIS Veteran
On my last trip BLT had a small bakery in the gift shop that had the cupcakes and cookies similar to what was sold on main st. My question is are these also sold at AKL? My wife loved picking up a desert at night when we got back to the hotel

Thanks in advance!

You can buy cupcakes and pastries at The Mara, but not in the gift shop.

Not sure if you are asking about Kidani or Jambo. The above applies to Jambo. There is no counter service at Kidani and I don't remember if they had baked goods in the shop.

TDC Nala said:
You can buy cupcakes and pastries at The Mara, but not in the gift shop.

Not sure if you are asking about Kidani or Jambo. The above applies to Jambo. There is no counter service at Kidani and I don't remember if they had baked goods in the shop.

Is Mara the counter service, or the shop? Are they the good cupcake pastries, or the ones the offer for desert at any CS location?

:) Kidani sells a few snacks in the gift shop along the back wall and then there are a few pre-packaged pastries on the shelves like powdered donuts and stuff.

I, too, love access to baked goods before bed! Wondering if you've considered upgrading to Club Level at AKL? They've got a really nice dessert spread in the lounge every night, and the cost of AKL Club Level is often similar to the rates for standard rooms at other Deluxe resorts, so it's a pretty good deal.

Alternatively, there are great bakeries in most of the parks and DTD, and I usually will pick up my favorite snack on my way out of the park at night and bring it back to my room with me. LOTS of good places for this - Karamelle-Kuche, Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie, Writer's Stop, Starring Rolls, Main Street Bakery, Boardwalk Bakery, etc...

You can get Zebra Domes at Mara, and they are a great bedtime snack. They have other pastries, but I've never paid attention to anything but Zebra Domes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter