Backpacks used in Parks

smithmom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My husband and I are going to Disney (just the two of us) in April. I have no kids stuff to keep track of, but I want to be able to hold our stuff easily and accessibly. I don't like fanny packs so I'm looking for backpack suggestions... What do you all use?

Hi everyone! My husband and I are going to Disney (just the two of us) in April. I have no kids stuff to keep track of, but I want to be able to hold our stuff easily and accessibly. I don't like fanny packs so I'm looking for backpack suggestions... What do you all use?

I personally use a sling bag(a small to medium backpack with a single shoulder strap, often worn across the chest but can be worn across the back). Some people like the LoungeFly backpacks, but they are quite small and somewhat expensive, though they come in a lot of Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars designs, among others. It depends on what you need with you really.

I personally use a sling bag(a small to medium backpack with a single shoulder strap, often worn across the chest but can be worn across the back). Some people like the LoungeFly backpacks, but they are quite small and somewhat expensive, though they come in a lot of Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars designs, among others. It depends on what you need with you really.
I'd love a loungefly backpack, but they're so expensive... but now you've started something... I'm going to check them out!

I'd love a loungefly backpack, but they're so expensive... but now you've started something... I'm going to check them out!

Shop around. You may find a sale or a third party site that has them a bit cheaper, just make sure it’s genuine. As for your husband, a nylon or leather sling bag would work well. I currently use a midsize one that I got from a Disney Movie Club exclusive merchandise box. I also have a smaller nylon galaxy/nebula design one. Both have plenty of room for most people(including room for an emergency poncho/rain jacket, umbrella, one of those mini towels you wet, and other necessities.). Good luck in your search for something.

I have a theft resistant backpack that has the zipper closest to my back. It's light and not big at all, but it fits everything. I usually wear it through the airport, too. I found it on Amazon. I want to say it was $20-ish.

I love the Osprey Sling bags. Amazon and a whole bunch of places carry them. They are small yet have the room to carry a decent amount of stuff. I usually have my S'well, sunscreen, Disney ponchos if rainy, and a other small stuff. It easily fits fits in the underseat holders on rides like Soarin as well around my leg on rides like Rockin Roller-coaster

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/daylite-sling-DAYLTSLNG.html

I just bought a Vera Bradley sling bag from their outlet website. Love it! Right size, adjustable strap. The "regular" Vera patterns are pricey but the outlet has some good sales.

Me and my wife each got a nylon cross body sling backpack from amazon, they were not expensive, approximately $15-20 and whatever was the highest rated on there. They come in literally like 30 different solid colors or patterns. I'm not sure if you're supposed to post links on here so I won't, but they should not be hard to find. They worked fabulously for us, we had insulated water bottles filled with ice and drink, sun glasses, sunscreen, ponchos, our phones and other important stuff, plus things to cope with problems including more adult ailments, dramamine, heart burn medicine, digestive medicine, wipes, bandaids. We still have them and the water bottles so we will be taking a virtually identical setup again here in june.

The sling bags are easy to flip around in front of you to get stuff out of or put in.

Last edited:
Do you need more than a small cross body purse? What are you really going to carry? Sling bags are good. I also do like my string backpack because it’s so light weight and I can put a water bottle in it. And it really is okay to wear a fanny pack at Disney! I love not having something on my back and shoulders. But my main advice, ask what do you really have to carry in the first place before you buy anything.

There is no package pickup or resort delivery of merchandise at this time— I found a backpack handy to store my purchases and keep a refillable water bottle. We were there and experienced upper 80s weather in late February— water is essential and a bottle of Dasani water (bleh) in the parks is $3.50.

Do you need more than a small cross body purse? What are you really going to carry? Sling bags are good. I also do like my string backpack because it’s so light weight and I can put a water bottle in it. And it really is okay to wear a fanny pack at Disney! I love not having something on my back and shoulders. But my main advice, ask what do you really have to carry in the first place before you buy anything.
That's what I'm trying to decide... I'm thinking 2 refillable water bottles and maybe a long sleeve tee, Extra masks and sunscreen. I was thinking sweatshirts, but with the parks closing earlier in April I'm thinking Sweatshirts may not be necessary. :) I bought a sling bag, but it's so small. I'm used to something so much bigger, but I think smaller might be better for just my husband and I!

That's what I'm trying to decide... I'm thinking 2 refillable water bottles and maybe a long sleeve tee, Extra masks and sunscreen. I was thinking sweatshirts, but with the parks closing earlier in April I'm thinking Sweatshirts may not be necessary. :) I bought a sling bag, but it's so small. I'm used to something so much bigger, but I think smaller might be better for just my husband and I!
You won’t need a sweatshirt in May, but if you get cold easy when in ac, maybe a lightweight long sleeve layer. In my relationship, there is no way either of us is carrying the others water bottle, we tend to carry that a hand. Maybe laid it all out on a flat surface and then ask yourself what can you cut. Then see what you are left with.

to be practical, I would just empty the traveling backpack that I have and fill it with my park necessities and oddities. It shouldn’t matter much. Less things to worry.

I also have a larger than normal Nike Fanny pack/ cross body bag if I want to walk around light. I rarely do bags if I’m out and about.

If I'm carrying the water bottles for DH and me or I need to bring my raincoat, I'll use my Loungefly. Otherwise, I have a PacSafe crossbody bag that I usually use for just my phone and few small personal items.

I always use my Vera Bradley backpack. I can put my sunblock, hairbrush, rain ponchos, Chapstick, any maps I may use. Band-Aids and my pills (bad knees and I get migraines. . Also my cell phone. Thinking also my phone charger cord as they are making us us the Disney App all day now and I now my phone will get very low and I will need to recharge. I even put my Disney pins inside if I plan on trading. Plan also on adding extra masks, antibacterial spray/gel and some wipes. ID, medical cards, and now also Disney Gift cards since they dislike cash now. You can see how quickly this can add up. I always like to keep both my hands free. :rolleyes1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter