Backlash Against The Backlash Against The Backlash

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
At first there was a backlash against the changes that Disney was making in its parks and company.

Now there appears to be a backlash against people who are vocal about their complaints and criticisms of Disney.

I would now like to start a new backlash against the backlash of the backlash...

:)

What I'm really trying to say is that I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the threads that are complaining about people who are vocal about certain dissatisfactions with Disney.

Often these threads paint groups who complain about Disney as fanboys, Walt would roll over in his grave, and end of the world types.

While there are definitely people like that I would argue that, for the most part, these are people who are quite reasonable who are simply voicing their disapproval over certain issues.

Labels, like those previously mentioned, as well as statements that people should just get over it and get used to it are highly dismissive and kind of unfair.

I myself am okay with Be Our Guest restaurant serving alcohol and am also kind of adverse to the main street bakery being replace by Starbucks. Some of my reasoning for and against these changes are good, and some are bad.

I just don't like that people feel they can judge and dismiss people voicing their opinions without even knowing who these people are.

We don't all believe our vacations will be ruined over these changes and I for one voice my concerns with the hope that there are enough like minded people like myself also voicing their concerns and that Disney will notice and adjust accordingly. If not then that is ok too.

But please people be respectful of others choices. Listen, and if you disagree, then offer your counterarguments.

I find so many threads about such simple issues becoming super heated. We all have opinions lets all just be friendly when we disagree.

Please?

At first there was a backlash against the changes that Disney was making in its parks and company.

Now there appears to be a backlash against people who are vocal about their complaints and criticisms of Disney.

I would now like to start a new backlash against the backlash of the backlash...

:)

What I'm really trying to say is that I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the threads that are complaining about people who are vocal about certain dissatisfactions with Disney.

Often these threads paint groups who complain about Disney as fanboys, Walt would roll over in his grave, and end of the world types.

While there are definitely people like that I would argue that, for the most part, these are people who are quite reasonable who are simply voicing their disapproval over certain issues.

Labels, like those previously mentioned, as well as statements that people should just get over it and get used to it are highly dismissive and kind of unfair.

I myself am okay with Be Our Guest restaurant serving alcohol and am also kind of adverse to the main street bakery being replace by Starbucks. Some of my reasoning for and against these changes are good, and some are bad.

I just don't like that people feel they can judge and dismiss people voicing their opinions without even knowing who these people are.

We don't all believe our vacations will be ruined over these changes and I for one voice my concerns with the hope that there are enough like minded people like myself also voicing their concerns and that Disney will notice and adjust accordingly. If not then that is ok too.

But please people be respectful of others choices. Listen, and if you disagree, then offer your counterarguments.

I find so many threads about such simple issues becoming super heated. We all have opinions lets all just be friendly when we disagree.

Please?

This is eloquently stated.

I appreciate the perspective.

I hope I have never been dismissive of someone else's opinion, even when I have disagreed with that opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they have the right to express it. That being said, no one (including me) has a right to voice their opinion uncontested.

I love a good conversation and relish the chance to enjoy the back and forth.

I do agree that being dismissive and name calling are unacceptable.

Everyone has that something that they feel strongly about.

I think my biggest disagreement is with folks that use the phrases "Walt is spinning in his grave" or "this isn't what Walt would have wanted". I think they are over used and out of date and as Walt isnt here to defend himself, it seems unfair to try define what he would have wanted 60 years later.

That being said, I'm still peeved that they replaced the original WDW font with the script now being used.:)
I'm still peeved that they replaced the original WDW font with the script now being used.:)

A thread where calmer heads are prevailing! I like it! :thumbsup2 We can all get emotional when the subject is one we care about...I appreciate you bringing things back into perspective. Thanks!

Thank you OP...I was thinking similar things, but didn't put it into words. Lately it seems like if you voice your opinion against something and it isn't positive you are dismissed as a crazed "fanatic." I also enjoy the discussion, but have just been stepping away when the backlash against the backlash gets carried away.

This is eloquently stated.

I appreciate the perspective.

I think my biggest disagreement is with folks that use the phrases "Walt is spinning in his grave" or "this isn't what Walt would have wanted". I think they are over used and out of date and as Walt isnt here to defend himself, it seems unfair to try define what he would have wanted 60 years later.

Well said, both to the OP and Kevin.

My biggest problem is the existence of people making large assumptions and presenting them as fact, which often leads to the Walt is spinning in his grave comments.

I also enjoy the discussion, but have just been stepping away when the backlash against the backlash gets carried away.

It's this stepping away that prompted me to write this thread.

Basically I see a topic that I'd like to voice my opinion on but as I start reading I start thinking "why so mean?" and decide not to put in my own opinion.

Not because I'm worried about getting "blasted" or "flamed" but because I start thinking whats the point. It's just going to degenerate into a lot of he said she said inconsequential nonsense.

However that's not always the case. There are a lot of like minded people on these boards that can bring a thread around.

At first the Main street bakery discussion was simply "I don't like this" and "Well too bad its happening". But if you really read through those threads you learn a little more. At first I thought that Starbucks was replacing the bakery totally , but now it seems as though either the baked goods will remain or simply be moved to new locations.

While I'm still not alright with this decision. I am, at least, a little less displeased.

And that's the result of productive input on these boards.

So thank you for that :)

At first the Main street bakery discussion was simply "I don't like this" and "Well too bad its happening". But if you really read through those threads you learn a little more. At first I thought that Starbucks was replacing the bakery totally , but now it seems as though either the baked goods will remain or simply be moved to new locations.

While I'm still not alright with this decision. I am, at least, a little less displeased.

And that's the result of productive input on these boards.

Once again, well said. With your eloquence, you should never be afraid to post!

However, you hit my frustration on the head. Someone like you shouldn't have to read closely or make an effort to dig up an alternative viewpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter