Back to the Mouse for Halloween in Oct 2010

Ok so we are getting close to booking the holiday (roll on the 1st feb) however over the last week i have been looking at hotels & different offers that are on, i had pretty much thought we would stay at POP for the 2 weeks however I have seen that the cheapest moderate hotel isn't that much more expensive than POP but i'm finding it hard to convince my hubby to upgrade the hotel.

Now one thing I do know is that if you book the moderate hotel is that you still get the disney dinning plan for counter service & i was wondering if anyone has done the disney dinning plan counter service & if what is it like? as I don't want to upgrade the hotel pay out the extra money get the dinning plan which would actually save us on spending out for food while we were out there & then still end up buying food while we were.

If anyone could give advice it would great, I can't wait to get this booked & start to plan what days we are going to the parks we already know the first 2 days :goodvibes

Another October 2010 tripper! We're scheduled to be there Oct 2 - 11. Glad to find some more DISers going the same time.

Has anyone ever done Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival that could tell me what it's like & if I need to buy special tickets for it or anything

We went last year during F&W. It is amazing. There are some special events that need special tickets (food demonstrations by famous chefs, etc) but we didn't do anything that required extra tickets and we had a great time. The only thing that you will need to budget for is the food that you will want to buy at the food booths. Each plate costs between $3 - $6. I believe you can use your snack credits if you are on the DDP (we weren't so I'm not quite sure how that works). If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try and answer them (I'll see if I can find the brochures from last year).

I'd love to get over to Universal to see HP (our entire party are HP fans). I'm waiting to hear reports once it actually opens to make sure there is enough for us to do at the one park to make the cost of the ticket worth it. The pictures do look fantastic.

We also did the MNSSHP last year. When deciding on your costume, make sure it is lightweight. Even though its October it was still quite warm and I didn't take that into account when planning my costume (I just posted a picture of it on my PTR). Next year I'm definately going with something lighter. Pirates sound good because you can do gauzy type of material (just stay away from leather).:rolleyes1

Jane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!