Back from my weekend crop

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Had a blast. We checked in Friday night, got set up, went down for free cocktails and munchies, visted with fellow scrappers (160 women), then headed for our rooms. We each had a suite (2 to a room) with a living room and bedroom. I brought along a 6 foot table so that we would not have to share the provided 6 foot table and round table. We had lots of room to set up, a mini fridge, a microwave, 2 tv's and a radio. What was cool was that the hotel is set up with a large atrium in the center and all rooms over looked it. All the girls propped open their room doors, and opened the curtains overlooking the walkways. This way we could stretch our legs and pop our heads into other rooms to get ideas, borrow tools, meet fellow scrappers etc. I cannot tell you how much fun it was. They even had a massage therapist there who did an upper back and arm rub right out side our rooms. Breakfast for both days, dinner Saturday and a cocktail reception for Fri and Sat were included in our cost. The atmosphere was so cool, loved having my CM consultants store 3 doors away and open til the wee hours on a honor system. Hope you can all do this someday. I loved it!

Heres the best part..................................I did 72 pages....journaled, stickered, embellied....etc. Done! Woo hoo!!! :banana:

Cannot wait to go again in March!

Cindy

Sounds like a blast...

Do you mind sharing what you packed and took with you. I have a difficult time deciding what to take for just evening crops...how do you decide what is worth taking?

Any advice would be great!

go to my post "Lets play a game"

Inside I started a thread I am going on a crop weekend and I am taking.

The girls were a great help!

Cindy

Even with all the distractions you did 72 pages!?! Way to Go!!!

:goodvibes

and it was so much fun. Took some pics, so did the other girls. So now I have decided to do a book of just "me" and my activities. Such as the crop weekend. All day crops, and my girls only shopping weekends every fall. Cannot wait to start it!

Cindy, I posted on your Let's Play a Game thread, but WOW! 72 pages - that is quite an accomplishment for the weekend! I really like the room set up you described.

i have been scrapping (if you can call it that) for over 5 years and i don't think i have completed 72 pages!!!

if i get 4 8x8 pages done at a weekend crop i am happy, but 72??? wow...you are my hero!!!

Do you mind me asking what something like that would cost? It seems like a great time.

We each paid $140, and that included a goodie bag upon arrival (some stickers, catalog, order form, page idea sheets, info about contests, and classes) cocktail reception Fri/Sat for two hours (got a little tipsy :rotfl: ) Breakfast (huge selection) Sat/Sun, dinner on Sat (buffet) stickers under our door each morning and the chance to be away from the kids and hubby for two nights. We stayed at an Embassy suites. I will post some pics of the room set up asap. Loved that the rooms were actually two rooms with door between in case my roomie or I wanted to go to bed while the other one stayed up to crop. The next crop weekend is in March and they had to up the price to $150 due to hotel costs going up. If you live in North East Ohio and want to come let me know, I will forward the info to you.

I am happy with my 72 pages. What really helped was using the power layout technique. All my papers were together, my stickers, Ideas drawn out, and titles were cut before hand, then I did each page times 3 because two of the albums are gifts to fellow travelers. Had to make some adjustments but would not do a all day or overnight with using the power layout idea! It really helped keep me on task.

Most of the girls finished between 15-30 pages.

Oh my gosh I am babbling..... :earboy2: sorry.

I'm curious, if you use a circle cutter to border a page then trim your pictures to fit the circles do you refer to that as "making crop circles"?

Jeff

AZ JazzyJ said:
I'm curious, if you use a circle cutter to border a page then trim your pictures to fit the circles do you refer to that as "making crop circles"?

Jeff

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

piratesmate said:

Piratesmate, PLEASE do not encourage Jeff :)!! It is sort of like "please do not feed the animals!" He really loves scrapbookers - he is married to one!!

:rotfl2:

How are you? and Trina?

Crop circles?Shhhhsssshhhhhh....we don't want anyone to know that we are responsible for making all those beautiful marks in the cornfields....I mean in the scrapbooks.

So what brings you over to the craft board? Going to start a new hobby? Your welcome to join us and create a Great Scrapbooking Adventure weekend for all us scrappers. Hey I will even let you help with my journaling.

I didn't know Trina scrapbooked? Oh boy we need to get Jeff busy with a nice story about us scrappers, or maybe make him plan a getaway adventure. Love his pin adventures.....and his stories. Thats the biggest thing I miss about pin trading, the fun!

goofymom/pop said:
I didn't know Trina scrapbooked? Oh boy we need to get Jeff busy with a nice story about us scrappers, or maybe make him plan a getaway adventure. Love his pin adventures.....and his stories. Thats the biggest thing I miss about pin trading, the fun!

Trina scraps & collects Hallmark ornaments.

Now look, you are as "bad" as Piratesmate :)!! Did you not "hear" me when I told Priatesmate to stop encouraging Jeff :)!!? You know what that will do to this board!!

(I want to be sure Goofymom/pop & Piratesmate both know I am kidding with them!!)

I just absolutely love Jeffs adventures. And I am sure you do too. :sunny: Since I don't pin trade anymore I miss them all over there on the collectors board. Now if I could get them to buy all my traders from me so that I could get more scrapbooking stuff..... :teeth:

Can you imagine if you could write like Jeff when journaling in your albums. Everyone would want to read them. :rolleyes:

I know we're not supposed to be "encouraging" Jeff, but I think Jeff should do all the journaling! ::yes:: Then you could get your stuff published - as an illustrated comedy!

And just so you know, I knew you were kidding too. :teeth:

Thanks for the info!!! Sounds fun! If you do not have a roomie, will they match you up with someone? None of my friends scrap (yes, I have tried to get them hooked) :) You do most of your scrapping in your room? I am seriously considering do this :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter