Back from AKL concierge, POR and YC concierge. Any ?'s?

DeeCee

Mouseketeer
I got back a couple of weeks ago, but getting back to the real world has been hectic.

I love all of these resorts. We had a great trip. I am happy to answer any questions.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I have a question - we are going to be at WDW in December over Christmas and are trying to decide between AKL concierge (have stayed there before and LOVED it), BC standard room, or YC concierge. YC concierge is about $150 more for a week than AKL and about $700 more than the standard room at the BC. I would really love to be in Epcot area over Christmas, but I don't know if I can justify the concierge price. Convince me (or not) by giving details on YC concierge!

Welcome back! I would also love details about the YC Concierge. How was the food and staff? Did they help you with any pre-trip planning? How were the renovated rooms? Did you take any pictures? Thanks so much for any info you can give!:p

Welcome back!! Could you tell me where you stayed at the POR? Did you get to look at both sections, mansions and bayou, which did you like better? Could you recommend some building numbers?

Thanks!! Glad to hear you had a great trip!

I also would love more details about YC concierge. We will be there in December. I especially would like to know if they contacted you before your arrival, and if so, how far ahead. Were you celebrating a special occasion? If so, did they do anything for you? We will be celebrating a 13th and a 50th birthday.

Thanks for any details.:D

I'd love to hear EVERYTHING about the Yacht Club Concierge!!!!

Welcome Home! Glad to see you on the boards again! :)

Yes, please tell us all about the renovations at the YC! ;) Details, details!!! :D

We'll be staying at POR later this year, so I'm interested to hear your review of the resort. Specifically, I'd like information on room/building details, reviews of the food court and restaurants, and other resort-specific information you'd like to share. Thanks! :D

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday to answer ?'s.

First of all, let me tell you about YC concierge. They both called a couple months ahead of time. In regards to the pre-trip planning, AKL was far better. YC did call me, did set up a PS. AKL called a couple times, sent e-mail, and the material they sent was nicer. Don't get me wrong YC covered everything, AKl just covered it better. We were not celebrating anything special so I didn't have any specific requests.

We stayed at YC for the last 5 nights of our trip. When YC concierge called me before my trip, they asked what time I would be arriving. I had said probably around 10:30am. He said the room would probably be ready. I said if not, no big deal, we would just go to Epcot. We actually arrived about 12:00, and we were told our room wouldn't be ready until at least 3:00. We went into the lounge. I had never seen it before so I can't compare the before and after. It is very nice, but my first impression was this place is too "stuffy" for me. I felt uncomfortable. Well that didn't last long. We were in there about 15 minutes and had 3 different people ask if they could get us anything. They were so nice and helpful. The food was great.

Our room wasn't ready until almost 4. (This bothered me a little only because I was ready for a nap.;))

I am pretty sure we were the first ones to stay in this room since it had been redone. I could still smell the paint. The bedspreads looked brand new. The room was gorgeous!!!! We had a view of SAB, the Boardwalk and Epcot. I couldn't ask for a better view!!! I have pictures that I will post if I figure out how.

Now for AKL. We spent the first 4 nights of our trip here. This was our second time. Our main reason for returning to concierge was to do the sunrise safari again. It is wonderful! Everyone here was friendly and helpful. We had a great Savannah room. It was a bit of hike to the lounge, but that was ok with me. They left a nice gift in our room. That was a nice touch! (I won't say what in case someone wants to be surprised.)

I prefer AKL's lounge to YC's. To me it is more laid back and relaxing. However, the food at YC wins hands down. They had a bigger and better selection. Everything at AKL is bite size. For example, they both had cheese platters out. At AKL they were tiny slivers of cheese, at YC they had nice chunks of cheese to have with your cracker. At YC you could have a normal size piece of cheesecake or other dessert. Also, YC had doughnuts in the morning, AKL did not. The last couple of days they were putting out soda at YC so you didn't have to ask for it. That was nice.

On about our 3rd day at YC they added little tables and chairs for the kids. They are so cute.

It is hard for me to compare AKL and YC concierge because I really like them both!

I can't think of anything else to say now.
Please continue to ask questions because I know I left out a ton of information.

I'll tell about POR a little later.

:D

Can you tell me about the YC concierge room a little more. What are the colors in there, etc.

Thanks

Glad you had a nice trip! I'm staying at BC concierge and I believe they are run the same. My question is,what was the food selection,and what times did they put food out? I figure breakfast is regular breakfast times but what about afternoon and evening food? Thanks

Thanks for the review of the YC Concierge! I would also like to hear about the colors in the renovated rooms. :)

Thanks! ;)

I'll be a returning AKL concierge guest next year. Could you please PM me and tell me what the gift is?

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter