Back From 8 Days in the Parks - TR

(((((((HUGS TO YOU)))))))

I am in shock after reading about these incidents. It just blows my mind that people are soooooo rude. UGH...... I read it all to my DH and we are both really worked up now! DH said he would have gone flippin nuts if anyone had told me "F you" especially in front of our child. And the jerk who called your DD a tramp? I honestly feel sorry for anyone who would even think of saying something like that to our DD because DH and I both would have gone off on him. :furious: The kids climbing around us and the Dad stepping on our stuff would have sent me into orbit. I am sooo sorry this happned. We have zero tolerance for rude, inconsiderate people. We are on high alert for our trip next month.

I feel so badly about something: I am one of the posters who suggested you make rope drop each morning and get an early start on your day. I am so sorry it didn't work out well for your family.:(

Have you guys ever been to DW? I am sorry I don't know this. I think you would really, really like it there. I think it is a different vibe. More of a "families on vacation" type of scene, at least in my opinion. Since you homeschool you could pick a time that is traditonally slower. Our favorite time are the days in Nov between Veteran's Day and Thanksgivig.:thumbsup2 It sounds like you'll be taking a Disney break for a while, but when you gear up again, I hope you'll bee able to make it there one day.pixiedust:

Thanks so much for taking the time to check in all throughout your trip and for posting this TR. I for one GREATLY appreciate it!:wave2:

(((((((HUGS TO YOU)))))))

I am in shock after reading about these incidents. It just blows my mind that people are soooooo rude. UGH...... I read it all to my DH and we are both really worked up now! DH said he would have gone flippin nuts if anyone had told me "F you" especially in front of our child. And the jerk who called your DD a tramp? I honestly feel sorry for anyone who would even think of saying something like that to our DD because DH and I both would have gone off on him. :furious: The kids climbing around us and the Dad stepping on our stuff would have sent me into orbit. I am sooo sorry this happned. We have zero tolerance for rude, inconsiderate people. We are on high alert for our trip next month.

I feel so badly about something: I am one of the posters who suggested you make rope drop each morning and get an early start on your day. I am so sorry it didn't work out well for your family.:(

Have you guys ever been to DW? I am sorry I don't know this. I think you would really, really like it there. I think it is a different vibe. More of a "families on vacation" type of scene, at least in my opinion. Since you homeschool you could pick a time that is traditonally slower. Our favorite time are the days in Nov between Veteran's Day and Thanksgivig.:thumbsup2 It sounds like you'll be taking a Disney break for a while, but when you gear up again, I hope you'll bee able to make it there one day.pixiedust:

Thanks so much for taking the time to check in all throughout your trip and for posting this TR. I for one GREATLY appreciate it!:wave2:

Thanks for your supportive post. :flower3: I knew my DH couldn't be the only one who would have gotten riled up over something like that (even though he patiently tolerated 3 or 4 good bumps that sent his face a little further into his sandwich than he would have liked before getting angry).

As to the rope-drop pin guy who said "F*** you" to me...I knew my husband would have gotten very angry over it - which is why I purposely refrained from telling him about it until after the rope dropped and the guy was gone. It was only our 2nd day and I really didn't want DH to get thrown out of the park. I realized later that I probably could have told one of the nearby CM's about the incident and the man may have been reprimanded in some way...but I'm not certain of that. It was only words, after all.

Please don't feel the need to apologize about suggesting rope drop. Silly! :goodvibes The truth is, we've done rope drop many times before over the years without any negative incidents at all. But it happened every single time we attended rope drop this time...to the point that we simply stopped doing them. Waiting until about 15 minutes after rope drop turned out to be a much more pleasant experience for us, personally...and we were still able to catch some short lines in Fantasyland (PP *not* being one of them...but the truth is, that even when we were there for rope drop, PP still had a line that stretched all the way back to the Heraldry Shoppe even though we "walked with purpose" all the way there and had been 2nd in line behind the rope (we'd been 1st initially, but we had people cut in front of us every time...). It didn't matter that we'd been there early enough to be that close to the rope, because people were literally *sprinting* to get there. And it wasn't kids...it was like parents running and shouting at their kids to catch up, lol. It was totally ridiculous, IMHO, and I would never bother to show up for rope drop again myself, if we ever return to DLR.

The funny thing about the particular insults that the rude guy at Taste Pilot's Grill chose to throw at my daughter...is that she's about as opposite the remarks as a girl can get. She's never been anything even remotely close to a "tramp"...she didn't even have a boyfriend until she was 19. And she's actually a very pretty girl...in fact, she commented after it was all over, how, when he said it, it threw her off and instead of responding, she just kind of confusedly thought to herself, "no I'm not" :confused3. She's like, "I don't think anyone's ever said that to me before". Hahahahahaa! We got a ton of laughs out of that reaction.

Thanks for the WDW suggestion and info. Maybe we'll consider it at some point. I doubt it, but never say never right? :)

I hope your DLR trip is tons of fun, and absent of negative drama! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!