The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Wow! So exciting!

I was tempted to try and squeeze a trip in when they announced Osborne Lights closing, but flying makes it too pricey. Oh well. SO, excited for you! And to hear the new planning on both trips!

We are planning to go again in September as well but later in the month.

Ahhh Glad you are getting to go this May for Wishes before it ends! I am so sad that they are changing it and made a few adjustments this April to see it several times! Also yay for the DH multiple offers! :thumbsup2 It's always nice to have options! What part of September are y'all looking at? We are debating between last week of August/early September. Just depends on when AP discounts come out I guess. :cool1:

YAY! So glad you will get to share Wishes with your little one :) Smart gal to think about booking the BB offer too! Congrats to your hubby on the new job as well! You will only be a 2.5 hour road trip to where we live :flower:

Wow! So exciting!

I can seriously hardly contain myself these days!

I was tempted to try and squeeze a trip in when they announced Osborne Lights closing, but flying makes it too pricey. Oh well. SO, excited for you! And to hear the new planning on both trips!

Ya know, I totally regretted not going to see the lights one last time. And now that we will have to fly to go to WDW I regret it even more! I had no clue how crazy expensive flying is.

We are planning to go again in September as well but later in the month.

Fun! What are your dates?!

Ahhh Glad you are getting to go this May for Wishes before it ends! I am so sad that they are changing it and made a few adjustments this April to see it several times! Also yay for the DH multiple offers! :thumbsup2 It's always nice to have options! What part of September are y'all looking at? We are debating between last week of August/early September. Just depends on when AP discounts come out I guess. :cool1:

Thank you for all the well wishes!! I hope you guys get to go again. If I ever get my hands on an AP again I may move in with my sister for a year! Lol!

YAY! So glad you will get to share Wishes with your little one :) Smart gal to think about booking the BB offer too! Congrats to your hubby on the new job as well! You will only be a 2.5 hour road trip to where we live :flower:

I really underestimated how much DH likes a bargain; kinda wish I'd thought of the BB thing sooner!

Oh fun! Do you live in Michigan?!

We are going September 19th through September 24th! I started my own Pre-Trip Report. There is a link in my signature if you want to follow along!

Flying to get to Disney might make it feel more like an event than driving. Of course, that is the only way we know how to go. Flying can be a HUGE ordeal with an infant. This past February trip was so much easier.

WOW!!!! I just caught up after being away for a few weeks while we closed on our new house. You sure do have a lot going on, but I'm so glad you get to go and see wishes before it ends and you are going back in September!!!!!! How awesome! We will just miss you when you go in March :)

Thank you for all the well wishes!! I hope you guys get to go again. If I ever get my hands on an AP again I may move in with my sister for a year! Lol!

I really underestimated how much DH likes a bargain; kinda wish I'd thought of the BB thing sooner!

Oh fun! Do you live in Michigan?!
Northeast Ohio :)

Let’s Get Planning!

Hi ya! I've got some rough plans for this September trip so I thought I’d get them up here, get some opinions.

Dates are now officially Tuesday September 5- Tuesday September 12. For the first time in my life I've been looking at flights to WDW; boy-oh-boy flying is costly! Our days are the cheapest, thankfully, but it's still looking like about $700-$800 even on Southwest. No flights booked cause we don't have rooms yet; wanna make sure we're able to get that BB before we actually start buying stuff.

As far as plans go, DH and I have some picked park days, dining and we decided we’re taking DD to MNSSHP!! Hopefully this year won't be as crowded as 2015, but I'm confident I'll be able to better maneuver a touring plan, now that I've been. Planning for a new event is never as easy as I think it’ll be.

Right now here are our restaurant choices, well, just the TS:

Crystal Palace - Wednesday 9/6/17 - 6:00 PM - MK DAY
Akershus - Friday 9/8/17 - 6:00 PM - AK/Epcot Day
Trattotia al Forno - Saturday 9/9/17 - 9:00 AM - OFF DAY
Chef Mickey's - Saturday 9/9/17 - 6:00 PM - OFF DAY
Tusker House (2 DC) - Sunday 9/10/17 - 6:00 PM - AK DAY
Be Our Guest - Monday 9/11/17 - 6:00 PM - MK DAY​

As you can see I've made a mistake already! I was under the impression the RoL dining package at Tusker House was 2 DCs, but I'm being told it's just 1, which means…

I get another restaurant choice!

I'm thinking it'll be something on the monorail for our Thursday at MNSSHP just not sure what yet. I've considered mivung Chef Mickey’s to then, but I'm pretty sure it’ll be everyone else's idea as well.

We're still not hitting HS but I got DH on board with Epcot! The draw of beer was just too strong for him to refuse. Lol!

Not much word from the family on their plans to join us and time is running out; we can start booking dining g on March 9th! I know my sister, her dude and my mom are planning to come with fir part of the trip, just not sure which part yet. Sis wants to to the Halloween party, but mom likely won't join us until Friday night/early Saturday. Not a word from Guido’s family yet… I've asked twice now and gotten a vague response. I refuse to stress about adding them to stuff late in the game, so that will be on them if it happens. We have enough on our plates as it is.

Well, I think that's it for now! Gonna spend the day packing, labeling and trying to stay as organized as possible! TTFN friends, hope all is bright in your worlds!

We are going September 19th through September 24th! I started my own Pre-Trip Report. There is a link in my signature if you want to follow along!

Flying to get to Disney might make it feel more like an event than driving. Of course, that is the only way we know how to go. Flying can be a HUGE ordeal with an infant. This past February trip was so much easier.

I saw! I popped over.

I've never flown with E, its honestly been years since I 've flown myself; not a fan. Hopefully all will go off without a hitch!

WOW!!!! I just caught up after being away for a few weeks while we closed on our new house. You sure do have a lot going on, but I'm so glad you get to go and see wishes before it ends and you are going back in September!!!!!! How awesome! We will just miss you when you go in March :)

I saw that! Congrats! We're super excited, all of us really. Even DH is more involved this go around. I think he's excited to be leaving Florida. Awe! Too bad we miss each other so narrowly. A meet would have been fun!

Northeast Ohio :)

That is pretty close!

Ooo we're going to be there around the same time in Sep! Mnsshp is so fun!

Yay! I loved MNSSHP when we went in 2015, even though it was crazy crowded! DD is Halloween obsessed. I have a tradition from my mom of getting seasonal movies out a,one with seasonal decorations. But we still have a ton of Halloween stuff out. I mean she asks to watch Nightmare Before Christmas about once a week!

The plans look good so far! All of the restaurants sound good!

I'm thinking it'll be something on the monorail for our Thursday at MNSSHP just not sure what yet. I've considered mivung Chef Mickey’s to then, but I'm pretty sure it’ll be everyone else's idea as well.
I would suggest, maybe 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The food is so so. Nothing to DIE for but just fine. But Dinner is Cinderella and Prince Charming and then the evil step sisters. Which is fun. But I don't know what time "dinner" starts for that.

Or Kona or Ohana at the Poly. We have done Kona a couple times and it's great. But no characters. Ohana is on my MUST do this time around!

The plans look good so far! All of the restaurants sound good!

I would suggest, maybe 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The food is so so. Nothing to DIE for but just fine. But Dinner is Cinderella and Prince Charming and then the evil step sisters. Which is fun. But I don't know what time "dinner" starts for that.

Or Kona or Ohana at the Poly. We have done Kona a couple times and it's great. But no characters. Ohana is on my MUST do this time around!

I've heard the same about 1900 PF. Not sure DH can handle another princess meal with two already in the schedule, but maybe since it's Lady Tremane as well... he does like the bad guys.

We have an 'Ohana breakfast for our day trip next month! I've always wanted to try dinner there...:scratchin

I've heard the same about 1900 PF. Not sure DH can handle another princess meal with two already in the schedule, but maybe since it's Lady Tremane as well... he does like the bad guys.
Hmm... I can understand that! We are sadly not as princess full as we used to be. Which makes me sad. It is a fun dinner, the step-sisters are rowdy and yell at each other. It's not your typical Princess Dinner. But I totally get the princess overload!

You could do 1900 Park Fare and take advantage of a different restaurant in EPCOT. There are so many good ones there! Oh, my head spins at all the choices! It's a wonder I ever make decisions!

Well that's a great update!!

I'm not a big fan of Wishes going away. Yes, I'm completely confident that the new show will be amazing and I'll love it, but Wishes, to me, was one of the best things Disney World had to offer. And frankly, it has withstood the test of time better than a lot of other shows that should have been higher on the chopping block (I'm looking at you Illuminations). To me, it seems like this is just a gimmick so that when guests complain about a lack of a night time parade this summer, they can say, but look at this shiny new show! So I might be looking at it wrong, but this new show has an uphill battle in my mind. I'm going to be judging it against the combined draw of MSEP and Wishes.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've been able to work in an extra trip to see Wishes before it goes away. It looks like you have some good plans coming together. Planning for a large group is always tricky, but you can do it. We got ADR's for 11 for our upcoming trip without a whole lot of difficulty. Just had to split 1 up into 2 ADR's of 5 and 6. And September isn't as busy as July, so you should be fine.

We are going in September also!! We as in my family (Hubby, Son 8 years old and daughter 6 years old) also my best friend and her hubby and almost 3 year old! This will be the first time both of us have taken the kids and we are super excited! We went for an anniversary trip in 2015. So this trip will be all about and for our kiddos!! Good luck with your planning, I only made it through the first page of this thread..lol! So I need to continue on and read more!

-Nicole

Well that's a great update!!

I sure was happy about it!

I'm not a big fan of Wishes going away. Yes, I'm completely confident that the new show will be amazing and I'll love it, but Wishes, to me, was one of the best things Disney World had to offer. And frankly, it has withstood the test of time better than a lot of other shows that should have been higher on the chopping block (I'm looking at you Illuminations). To me, it seems like this is just a gimmick so that when guests complain about a lack of a night time parade this summer, they can say, but look at this shiny new show! So I might be looking at it wrong, but this new show has an uphill battle in my mind. I'm going to be judging it against the combined draw of MSEP and Wishes.

I totally agree. Wishes is/was so memorable for me, not just on a personal level. I mean the origin of the song being form a Make a Wish kid, and I'm with you on the test of time. Plus ALL the other MK seasonal fireworks shows are Wishes, so now every one of them must be changing. That new show has some big shoes to fill, especially since there's no night time parade anymore.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've been able to work in an extra trip to see Wishes before it goes away. It looks like you have some good plans coming together. Planning for a large group is always tricky, but you can do it. We got ADR's for 11 for our upcoming trip without a whole lot of difficulty. Just had to split 1 up into 2 ADR's of 5 and 6. And September isn't as busy as July, so you should be fine.

Good to know! At this point I'm more concerned about communication than anything else; radio silence form my in-laws, and ADR day is fast approaching...

We are going in September also!! We as in my family (Hubby, Son 8 years old and daughter 6 years old) also my best friend and her hubby and almost 3 year old! This will be the first time both of us have taken the kids and we are super excited! We went for an anniversary trip in 2015. So this trip will be all about and for our kiddos!! Good luck with your planning, I only made it through the first page of this thread..lol! So I need to continue on and read more!

-Nicole

:welcome:
Thanks for joining in! This trip has been a roller coaster of emotions, and I really have just started making plans, again! LOL!

I'm glad you guys are going back with the kiddos! Disney through a child's eyes is extra special!:love:

Plans look good! I was wondering what the 2DC meant but then I got it! Lol. Glad things are shaping up! I have always loved 1900 Park Fair for breakfast but have never tried dinner. I'm sure it's great if it's anything like the breakfast....so I'll agree with that suggestion.

Akershus - Friday 9/8/17 - 6:00 PM - AK/Epcot Day
Trattotia al Forno - Saturday 9/9/17 - 9:00 AM - OFF DAY
Chef Mickey's - Saturday 9/9/17 - 6:00 PM - OFF DAY
Tusker House (2 DC) - Sunday 9/10/17 - 6:00 PM - AK DAY
Be Our Guest - Monday 9/11/17 - 6:00 PM - MK DAY

and which days are we meeting???
you failed to mention this in your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter