Baby Rentals?

egritz

Never too old for Disney!
Is there a company that rents baby supplies to vacationers in/around Disneyland? Specifically I'm looking to rent a Rock N Play for my 4 month old who does NOT sleep well on his back, he prefers to be upright (but also doesn't sleep well in his car seat). My husband wants to try and bring ours in our luggage, but that is just going to add weight and bulk to our suitcase (we are flying).

Is there a company that rents baby supplies to vacationers in/around Disneyland? Specifically I'm looking to rent a Rock N Play for my 4 month old who does NOT sleep well on his back, he prefers to be upright (but also doesn't sleep well in his car seat). My husband wants to try and bring ours in our luggage, but that is just going to add weight and bulk to our suitcase (we are flying).

LOL, it sounded like you wanted to rent a baby. ;) I've teased about starting a baby rental for people wanting to use baby swap in the face of fewer FPs at WDW, but I didn't think it was needed at DLR!

Congrats on the new baby by the way! :banana:

City Stroller Rentals offer some baby items beyond strollers and will deliver to your hotel. I am not sure everything they offer.

No clue about renting one of those.

But I wanted to butt in. Have you talked with your pediatrician about your baby not sleeping well? If he can't sleep lying down, it's possibly he has reflux or something of that nature (my son did.) If you haven't spoken to your doctor, you definitely should since sleeping in one of those rock n plays is not 100% safe. And it may very well be something going on like reflux that can often be helped fairly easily with medication.

My baby had terrible reflux and could only sleep in her rock and play. I feel you. It sucks. What airlines are you flying? Some allow you the check a bed for the baby for free.

Personally, I don't recommend renting babies.
A friend of mine did that once and let me tell you it did not, repeat did not bode well. Crying, hair pulling, yelling, nipping......and that all happened to my friend. The baby was a bit bratty. It proved to be just too much for her. Bless her little impatient heart! Not to mention when it was time to drop off the baby at the rental office, my friend was accused of teaching her bad habits. So not true. If anything the beastie babe taught my friend a bad habit or two! Geese, get it straight man!
Thank goodness her deposit was returned. See, it turns out that the baby is a repeat offender when it comes to being a problem child.

So good luck! :)

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain. My DD also loves her Rock n Play. We're working on transitioning her from it now (she's 6 months, nowhere near the weight limit, but sitting up on her own now). It has been awesome for traveling via car (it's been in 5 states already). She slept just fine for all our travels in her familiar little bed.

http://rent-baby-equipment.com/rentals-by-state/baby-equipment-california/ Here's a list of local rental companies.

www.bebegear.com has Rock-N-Plays for $6/day; longer rentals reduce the price some. Look under the "play" items. I haven't heard anything on this company before. If you should choose to rent from them, PLEASE come back and tell us what you thought! I know the other Disboard mamas would love to know, especially with how much Bebe Gear carries!

Depending on how many nights you need it, it may be cheaper to just buy a new one on amazon for $40 and have it shipped to your hotel. (That's what we are doing with a pack n play.)

http://rent-baby-equipment.com/rentals-by-state/baby-equipment-california/ Here's a list of local rental companies.

www.bebegear.com has Rock-N-Plays for $6/day; longer rentals reduce the price some. Look under the "play" items. I haven't heard anything on this company before. If you should choose to rent from them, PLEASE come back and tell us what you thought! I know the other Disboard mamas would love to know, especially with how much Bebe Gear carries!

Thank you so much! My husband decided he doesn't want to rent , he was able to dismantle the RNP and it fits in one of our suitcases so we are just going to take it with us and pack around it. But I did save that link for rental company locations - that is an awesome resource that I did not come across in my Google searches!

Personally, I don't recommend renting babies.
A friend of mine did that once and let me tell you it did not, repeat did not bode well. Crying, hair pulling, yelling, nipping......and that all happened to my friend. The baby was a bit bratty. It proved to be just too much for her. Bless her little impatient heart! Not to mention when it was time to drop off the baby at the rental office, my friend was accused of teaching her bad habits. So not true. If anything the beastie babe taught my friend a bad habit or two! Geese, get it straight man!
Thank goodness her deposit was returned. See, it turns out that the baby is a repeat offender when it comes to being a problem child.

So good luck! :)

I got the same impression. Travelling with a baby is difficult but worthwhile if it is your own. Renting one just seems pointless.:rotfl2:

OMG :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You guys are too funny.

No clue about renting one of those.

But I wanted to butt in. Have you talked with your pediatrician about your baby not sleeping well? If he can't sleep lying down, it's possibly he has reflux or something of that nature (my son did.) If you haven't spoken to your doctor, you definitely should since sleeping in one of those rock n plays is not 100% safe. And it may very well be something going on like reflux that can often be helped fairly easily with medication.

Thank you for your input. My 3 year old had severe reflux which is why we have the rock n play. The baby luckily does not have reflux, he is just used to sleeping at an angle now. Our pedi is fully aware of the sleeping arrangement. We actually have appts lined up for him with the Cranio Sacral therapist and the chiropractor to see if they can help the sleep issue!

I got the same impression. Travelling with a baby is difficult but worthwhile if it is your own. Renting one just seems pointless.:rotfl2:

Hmm... yes. That's like baby-sitting in reverse: you pay to take care of someone else's baby for a while. :lmao:

We actually have appts lined up for him with the Cranio Sacral therapist and the chiropractor to see if they can help the sleep issue!

Those are absolutely WONDERFUL ideas. Oh I hope they can help you. I absolutely adore CST, and if I ever go back to being a healthcare practitioner I'm going to do that. (I was a chiro, but due to a laundry list of things I quit/retired only 4 years into it) CST was the first bodywork my son had, and within one day, not even 24 hours, everything that was problematic had disappeared. Awesome awesome work.

Those are absolutely WONDERFUL ideas. Oh I hope they can help you. I absolutely adore CST, and if I ever go back to being a healthcare practitioner I'm going to do that. (I was a chiro, but due to a laundry list of things I quit/retired only 4 years into it) CST was the first bodywork my son had, and within one day, not even 24 hours, everything that was problematic had disappeared. Awesome awesome work.

Yes, the CST was 100% responsible (well I guess I get some credit for not giving up) for getting my son to nurse. After getting his tongue tie snipped (twice) he still wasn't nursing, he didn't until he was 2 1/2 weeks old and the CST absolutely helped him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!