Baby due any day now

mamax2

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. I'm two days overdue, and very big, and very bored, so I just thought I'd let everyone know. If you want to respond, it'll give me something to do :thumbsup2 So far I've thoroghly cleaned every room - twice, organized DD2's closet, and dresser to make room for little clothes, gotten the carpets cleaned, set up the bassinet, organized the kitchen cabinets, walked like crazy, I'm slowly going CRAZY waiting for this baby to make an appearance. Five days of contractions (Not braxton-hicks contractions) and still nothing. So, I'll keep you updated. Just to keep myself busy :hyper:

That's so exciting, Scary too, but don't worry, everything will be fine. I'm jealous that you have that "nesting" bug, I never got it. And after DS8 came along, never had the time or energy..(I have DS6 also.) Poor kid came home to his room in an utter shambles-stuff thrown everywhere. I had intentions, but he was 2 weeks early (which was OK with me-wouldn't want to be overdue...ooohhh..-sorry) and I had been procrasinating doing anything..

do you know if it's a boy or a girl? How is DD2 handling all the preparations? I bet she will treat the new one like her own personal babydoll..so cute...I have only boys, 22 months apart. they fight a lot, less than before.

well, good luck, make sure you find this thread after you deliver to let us all know how it went! :wave:

Congratulations on the hopefully soon arrival of your baby. I have 2 kids & was never overdue...1st child was over a week early & weighed 9.8 pounds. The 2nd came at a scheduled C-section 8 days before my due date.

I would be walking around like crazy with anticipation if I were you. So what names do you have picked out?

An early CONGRATULATIONS to you. Can't wait to hear the details especially the name! Are you hoping for a :wizard: or a princess: ?

Congratulations any news yet? :sunny:

Congratulations! I'm due in eight weeks and I'm ready for it to be over with now, so I can imagine how you're feeling. LOL Good job on getting everything prepared though! I've been so worn out that I haven't even begun to put things together yet. My two kids (dd9 & ds7) will be going out of town the next two weeks, so that may be when dh and I start on it.

Congratulations! I'm sure you can't wait until dd is born! :grouphug: My ds was 5 days late so I feel your pain. Good luck

Congratulations and good luck! I went 16 days overdue with DS - practically went insane! Here's hoping you go soon!

Any baby yet???? Congrats. I never got to that point myself (DD was a premie) but I can't imagine it's that fun. Anyway, take a nice long walk and attempt to relax and have some fun alone time with your older child. :goodvibes

Congrats!!! :cheer2: we are here to cheer you on. my 1st son was almost a week late and my 2nd was 2 days early..both ended up being big boys over 9lbs. good luck!

Hi ! I'm a Delivery Room nurse.....I hear from impatient moms all the time. I know exactly how you must feel. I was anxious when I approached 40 weeks (I never went past due date with any of my 3 kids).
But I've had some patients who have been up to 14 days past due---I always feel so bad for those moms . You just get so sore and fatigued towards the end. One poster here (akalittleeva), said she was 16 days past due ! Wow. So sorry for you. We never let our patients go past 14 days and even that is very rare.
I wish all the best for you mamax2 ! Wishing you a quick, easy labor and a happy, healthy baby (very soon hopefully !) :dumbo:

congrats! I was 9 days overdue. I know how you feel. They ended up inducing me though. It was an uneventful delivery; My first also. Took 7 ours total and for 5 I was asleep due to the meds they gave me in the IV. I pushed for about 45 min and I had my boy. I pray everything goes well and you get to bring your DD home very very soon. Then who knows you might be able to start planning a trip for next year when she is bigger! :thumbsup2

My sympathies. My first was a full 2 weeks overdue, and was building on a room addition, I think! Dr. put me in a day before inducing to soften the cervix, then gave me demoral to get a "good night's sleep", then started the drip and the epidural in the a.m. -- I slept through all but the last hour of labor!

My son (now 12) is the most laid back kid I know, and I think it was the drugs!

My daughter (now 7) made up for it by being 2 weeks early without pain medication, and she is the most type-A 7 year old I've ever seen.

Good luck!! :cheer2:

My 4th child was 9 days overdue. I thought the Dr. would induce earlier since my 3rd kid was 10lbs.9 oz., but she played the waiting game. Finally, I said PLEASE, this bun in the oven is about to get burned. I was induced and my last child was only 9lbs 12 oz. The other three were all on their due date, so I was not expecting that. Hang in there, he/she cant stay forever, no matter how comfy it is! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter