• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BA - Hand Luggage

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
I'm flying to Germany in December from the infamous terminal 5 at Heathrow. I think it would ease my journey considerably if I travelled with just hand luggage. I've looked at the dimensions allowed and at 56x45x25cm and "any weight as long as I can lift it into an overhead locker" it seems quite generous.

Has anyone travelled with the maximum sized bag? And do they still have those cage things to check sizes - and if so would it be touch and go to fit the maximum bag inside?

I'd rather take a much smaller bag than risk having to put my case in the hold - on the other hand it will be winter and I'd like to pack some bulkier items.

Thanks for any info.

I haven't travelled with a maximum sized bag myself, but I flew BA from Heathrow to Newcastle recently, and there were quite a few people returning from holidays with pretty big pull alongs forcing them into the lockers.

I've also seen plenty of big bags on trans-atlantic flights with no problems.

They do still have the bag measuring bins, but I haven't seen any one having to check their bag size recently. I guess if it looks really big they might do so.

I often fly with BA using a hand luggage "case" which is the maximum size and have never had a problem. Please dont worry about T5, its one of the best terminals I have ever been in and I really enjoy the place.

The luggage nightmares of T5 when it first opened have long since ended.

Thanks, it's not so much that we're going from terminal 5 but we will be arriving quite late in Frankfurt and any time we can save on the way to our hotel will be quite valuable.

Hopefully I'll have so much shopping from the Christmas Market that I'll need to check in the case on the way home. LOL!!

Am I right that there's no weight limit with BA as long as I can lift it?

Yes I dont believe theres a wieght limit and i cannot see it mention on the BA website so as long as you can lift it you'll be fine :-)

Have fun shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter