• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B2B luggage handling

KVH

DIS Veteran
We used a FCC to extend a reservation and we now have a B2B next May. Since we didn't book them together, we're going to end up in two different rooms.

I get we have to pack but I could have sworn I read somewhere that the staff will move our luggage. Can someone confirm?

The host will move your luggage to the new room for you.

I don’t know if I was just lucky the last time I was in this situation but my host told me he would move my “hanging clothes” directly over so I only had to pack the stuff in the drawers. That was so helpful of him!

I can confirm. You pack your bags and leave them in your cabin and your room steward will move them to the new cabin for you. Enjoy! B2B's are a lot of fun!

I would stalk both cruises between now and PIF to see if you can possibly change to same room for both cruises. Even if it means changing your room from first cruise you have now. It's not just the luggage, it's the being able to go to your room when you get back on. When you get right back on with a B2B there really isn't much to do, everything is closed for the first hour or so except coffee shop. So having your same room gives you somewhere to go chill until Cabanas opens. If you have different room then you're going to have to wait until 1:30p to get into your room on the 2nd leg. Also, with same room, you don't have to pack on last night of first leg.

Reactions: KVH

The host will move your luggage to the new room for you.

I don’t know if I was just lucky the last time I was in this situation but my host told me he would move my “hanging clothes” directly over so I only had to pack the stuff in the drawers. That was so helpful of him!
Have only done one B2B with different cabins. The second cruise was on the same deck and only 2 or 3 staterooms away from the first. Our stateroom host offered to move the hanging clothes directly as well. I suspect that if the rooms were much further apart, we would have had to pack everything in suitcases for them to move. It was a pleasant surprise

We had a B2B with the same room, but we ended up getting an upgrade for the second leg. As soon as we boarded we headed to our original room and literally started throwing everything into our suitcases. The room host was so kind and said we didn’t have to hurry so fast and he would make sure our bags got moved.

We did a B2B on the Dream Maiden Voyage and the cruise after. First room was on Deck 2 and the second room was on Deck 8 forward. Our room host moved our things. I can't remember if I had to pack up the hanging clothes or not but we were able to get into our room on the 2nd leg early. I think the two room hosts spoke so our new room host made up our room pretty early.

MJ

Looking at a B2B from another angle, we did a B2B Med./WBTA several years ago and just booked this am a British Isles/WBTA for Sept. 2021. The first cruises had Barcelona a home base. We went there several days early so we could see the many Gaudi sites, but saved a walk on La Rambla for the switchover day. Our next B2B in/out of Dover we plan to see the Dover fort on our 'tween day. The ship is empty and great for photos, if you like, but we try to squeeze in all the local sites we can while there. We were lucky with both trips that we stayed/will stay in the same stateroom for both legs. Talking to a DCL CC cast member made it happen...they have the pixie dust!! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter