B.Y.O.B restaurants????

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
Does anyone else feel kind of weird lugging a bottle of booze into a restaurant with them? Maybe it's just me, whenever I go to a bring your own establishment, I feel like a Lush :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Don't get me wrong, I'll still do it but I feel weird :confused3

I thought that this was going to be about bringing your own boyfriend. Sorry, wrong thread. :blush:

I don't feel like a lush, :drinking1 but I do feel wierd about it.

It's kinda like I'm imposing on them. "Uh, excuse me miss. Would you stick our beer in your fridge." Or, "We'll need 2 wine glasses for this red, and some diet cokes to go with this Barcardi. Thanks."

I know they're the ones without a license. But why do I end up feeling so ill prepared and inadequate??? :sad2: :crazy: :p

I recently learned that it's not uncommon for nicer restaurants to allow patrons to bring in their own wine but charge a "corking fee". I've never done it but it sure would beat the pants of paying triple the cost for a bottle of wine!

I have never heard of a byob restaurant- is this common? Or is it any restaurant that doesn't have a liscense? I'm confused.

I agree that I wish that we could bring wine into a restaurant rather than pay the way inflated prices.

beckmrk04 said:
I have never heard of a byob restaurant- is this common? Or is it any restaurant that doesn't have a liscense? I'm confused.

We don't have them near us--I don't think in Maryland, but most certainly not in our county. We have done it in PA before, though.

Tigger&Belle said:
We don't have them near us--I don't think in Maryland, but most certainly not in our county. We have done it in PA before, though.

We have some in our part of Maryland. And, when I was growing up in Olney (aren't you near there?) there were several. (Don't know if they're still in business anymore.)

I have never heard of a byob restaurant- is this common? Or is it any restaurant that doesn't have a liscense?

Yes, I believe it's a restaurant that doesn't have a liquor license. Considering a license can cost up to a half-million dollars, I understand why they're difficult to get.

Pa has alot of restaurants like this...I agree it's much cheaper to bring your own, I just feel like other patrons who don't are thinking, "Dang, the woman can't come out for dinner without getting a buzz?" :teeth:

KelNottAt said:
We have some in our part of Maryland. And, when I was growing up in Olney (aren't you near there?) there were several. (Don't know if they're still in business anymore.)

Yes, I believe it's a restaurant that doesn't have a liquor license. Considering a license can cost up to a half-million dollars, I understand why they're difficult to get.

Montgomery County has the strangest liquor laws. I haven't ever seen any restaurants here that have BYOB, but how would a person know for sure? That is unless we see Cantw8 pushing her wheelbarrow into the restaurant. :teeth:

Lots of them around here. A liquor license is expensive, and there are only so many each town allows anyway, so lots of non-chain restaurants are BYOB. It's so much cheaper! Most of them have wine set-ups ready, they'll even pull a wine stand up to the table, uncork and pour the wine, the only difference is paying $12 for the bottle instead of $50! I know some people bring in hard liquor but I think that's kind of tacky. Beer, on the other hand, is all I'll bring to a local Mexican place, wine just doesn't seem to work.

Tigger&Belle said:
Montgomery County has the strangest liquor laws. I haven't ever seen any restaurants here that have BYOB, but how would a person know for sure? That is unless we see Cantw8 pushing her wheelbarrow into the restaurant. :teeth:

wheelbarrow_booze.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout :thumbsup2

Tigger&Belle said:

PA & NJ have them for sure. Just went to the High Street Cafe in West Chester last fri great New Orleans food. 4 of us & the bill was $190 including tip.

Cantw8 said:
Does anyone else feel kind of weird lugging a bottle of booze into a restaurant with them? Maybe it's just me, whenever I go to a bring your own establishment, I feel like a Lush :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Don't get me wrong, I'll still do it but I feel weird :confused3

""""whenever I go to a bring your own establishment, I feel like a Lush""""

:confused3 You mean you're NOT a lush? :confused3

FullStride said:
""""whenever I go to a bring your own establishment, I feel like a Lush""""

:confused3 You mean you're NOT a lush? :confused3

:blush: sure am :teeth:

MAKmom said:
PA & NJ have them for sure. Just went to the High Street Cafe in West Chester last fri great New Orleans food. 4 of us & the bill was $190 including tip.

MAKmom, uptown West Chester is a great place to hang, that's where I'm from :thumbsup2 ....was that you I saw swigging out of the brown paper bag? :lmao:

Met my husband at West Chester University; he used to live on Dean St. We had a couple of BYOB places we loved (one was an awesome Italian place and the other was a Chinese place). Ahh, those were the days...before kids. Anyway, here in WI, it would be heresy to have a restaurant without booze--no where to get those "brandy old fashion sweets" !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter