[B]Cruise Help Needed![/B]

linco711

DIS Veteran
I would like to take my teenage daughter on a cruise. The last time we cruised we had a room with a veranda on the 7th floor. It was perfect. This time we do not have enough points for that and was wondering about the deluxe ocean view room instead. Category 9. Has anyone had any experience in these rooms, or the ones that take even less points? I could use some advice. I don't want to be disappointed. Thanks

Can you tell me if you had the navagators veranda? or the other? I was told that the navagators veranda is all closed in with just a port hole??

My husband and I have been on three cruises, and we have a fourth booked. We always have a Cat. 9, and we have never been disappointed. If you need some of that sea breeze on your face, just go up a few decks! I don't think most people spend all that much time in their rooms, anyway. Also, from what I understand, the lower the deck, the smoother the ride.

Book the Cat. 9, save some money or points, and have fun! pirate:

Karen

Don't know how long your cruise is, but we were very happy with the Category 11 for the 3 day cruise. We're going with 9 for the members cruise, but that's because we didn't know what 11 was like before we booked the MC, if we had it to do now, we would just save the points.

Bobbi :flower:

I was on the Wonder three day cruise that ended Easter Sunday. It was just my 21 year old daighter and myself on our first cruise. We were in cabin 2070 midship category 9 and loved it. Granted I can't compare it to a balcony since I never had one but I was using points too and that's what worked for us! The porthole is large and I would do it again in a minute. Our cabin was near the elevator and being midship no "rocking". Perfect!
Planning my next cruise ASAP! :cheer2:

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
My husband and I have been on three cruises, and we have a fourth booked. We always have a Cat. 9, and we have never been disappointed. If you need some of that sea breeze on your face, just go up a few decks! I don't think most people spend all that much time in their rooms, anyway. Also, from what I understand, the lower the deck, the smoother the ride.

Book the Cat. 9, save some money or points, and have fun! pirate:

Karen
It's the other way,the higher the deck the less you will feel the rocking.We were on the the April 17th 4 day wonder and on the night we were at sea the ship was rocking pretty good, when we went to dinner at Parrot Cay(which is on deck 3) you could really feel the ship swaying! But after dinner we went back to our cabin which was a Cat. 6 on deck 6 we could hardly feel the ship move at all.

The Cruise Board will be a better resource for information about DCL cabins.

I'll move this thread over there.

Enjoy!

I think Parrot cay is deck 3 Aft that's why you feel the movement of the ship. Though I was on deck two, midship is the most stable.

You should be fine in a cat 9, but you may want to book a specific room so you don't get one of the noisy rooms. There is a list on Dave's site of noisy rooms. We were upgraded last summer from a cat 11 to a cat 9. We were as far aft as you can get. It was a really noisy room with the engine noise. It didn't bother the rest of my family at all, but it woke me up everytime we pulled into port. This time we booked a cat 9 closer to the aft elevators and on the opposite side of the ship.

What are the points everyone talks about?
They must be more than just using a Disney credit card as cruises are expensive.
Oh, I am taking my sister, two nephews and their families on a3 night cruise and we are in category 9. Read the stateroom reports and it sounds nice.
Go for it.
Connie

connskell - people that own Disney Vacation Club own points that can be used to stay or cruise in many locations (Disney and non-Disney). To find out more about DVC you may check out the DVC board.

I sail on points too - and we found that the category 10's and 11's are fine with us, even though they are inside rooms. The cat. 11's aft on Deck 7 are in a great location as you just walk a few steps and you are on the open deck on the aft of the ship.

Less rocking being felt - I agree that the lower on the ship and the more central the location the less the ships movement can be felt. Since PC is aft as well as AP, there is more movement there than in Lumiere's. Or that is what I have found anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter