Awesome FLA Resident deal!

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
My parents live in Florida, and got a postcard in the mail for a FLA Res special.

According to what they read me, it's $86 for a two-park pass from the date of purchase until the end of 2001!

I hope all of you FLA people got that postcard! They also got one for Busch-buy one day get the rest of the year free! Almost makes me want to move to Florida!!!

Patti

Strange; it is not on their website. I know there is a 2 park thru 5/1/01 for $95.95+ and adventure pass thru 5/1/01 (IOA) only for $59.95+.

This is Universal Orlando's Answer to The Busch Parks Fun Card????
Whereas the Busch Parks are until the end of the year, Universal's is only until May 1.
Bummer.
HAVE FUN

The deal is limited to members of AAA South and the military. You must be a Florida resident as well.

The gate still has the original offer that expires May 1

i just bought the $95 tix for USF/IOA til may 1st, and now for less i could have gotten the whole year? (i am FL resident, and a AAASouth member)! can i exchange them? i am leaving tomorrow! help!!!

I just looked at their website (AAA South). Their price for the 2 park pass thru 5/1/01 is $86.95. I think that is what is being refferred to.

I'm thinking about getting the 2-park pass. I haven't changed my license to Fla yet, so what do you need to prove that you're a Florida resident? I have an ID to a Fla College, so I hope that is sufficent enough. (I'm originally from NY BTW.)

minnie5sm.jpg

quentindisney.gif

Formerly "larkedup"

"That guy who likes Minnie Mouse.*"

*Wanna know why? <A HREF="http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=55009194&m=493099902" TARGET=_blank>click here for my story!
</A>

You need proof of Florida residency. A driver's license is probably the best. I think they can also take a utility bill. As for a college ID, I am not sure. I know that if you are in a Florida college for about a year or two, you are considered a Florida resident.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Are you telling me nobody else out there got this postcard??? I had my father read it to me twice because I couldn't believe it!

They are, BTW members of AAA, AARP, and retired military, but the postcard did not mention it. They also have not been to Universal in years, and were never passholders.

If anybody is interested, I could have my parents mail the postcard to me, but it'd take a week or so.

Patti

I haven't received this postcard, but my company is selling two day passes to USF/IOA for $69.00. This includes tax and the tickets don't expire until 12/31/02...yes 2002. I'm an annual passholder, but I'm thinking of purchasing some of this tickets to use after my pass expires in Sept 2001.

While I didn't get the postcard either I found the offer Patti referred to on the AAA South website.
It's called a 2-Park Super Pass, good for unlimited admission to both IOA and USF from date of purchase until 12/21/01. The price is $86.75 (without tax)at the AAA office or $89.95 (without tax) at the gate. You can also purchase a 1 Park Action Pass, good for unlimited admission to USF only, same dates, for $57.75 plus tax at AAA or $59.95 plus tax at gate. The 1 Park Adventure Pass is identical, but for IOA only. Now, here's a few catches...
1. This offer is for AAA South members in FL, GA, and TN. The general public can buy these passes but they expire 5/1/01 instead of 12/21/01.
2. The passes must be purchased by 3/30/01.
3. Price is the same for kids or adults

If any of this needs explaining please ask and I'll do my best. I think it's a great rate if you'll be going often. They offered a similar deal last year for FL resident's. I think it was called
"Free to the end of the year" or something like that. My sister bought them for her kids(IOA only) and made good use of them. Thanks for mentioning it Patti.

Regards,
Kate

I'm an AP holder and a FL resident.
I did get a card about 2-park AP Rate going down.
159.95+tax=169.55

I called the passholder hot line
(407) 224-5720 and asked for renewal rates.
2-park AP $169.51(inc.tax)
2-park Seasonal $128 and change(inc.tax)

They do not offer discount for 2-park AP renewal.
But they do have 2 year pass for $201.35(inc.tax)
This rate is offered ONLY on this hotline.(This offer was ended in January) I don't know how long this will last, so hurry!
I was also told that 2-year pass is good from the first day you use your new pass. That means my AP expires on 5/15/01 but if I start using the new 2-year pass on 07/01/01, it will be good till 06/30/03. Of course I grabbed this offer on the hear beat!!! That's $100 a year, can't beat this!

roomster

Gator Kate,
Thanks for the research! That saves me a bundle since we are going next weekend and most likely the summer.
Thanks again

Just got my super pass today. They had no problem with my Florida License. (I thought they would since it's pretty much has a temp. address on it). One thing I have to applaud about this pass that its much more durable than the annual passes WDW has! I've lost my WDW AP twice because its so flimsy! I wish they could convert to those plastic cards for AP's similar to the LOS passes they have for the hotels.

minnie5sm.jpg

quentindisney.gif

Formerly "larkedup"

"That guy who likes Minnie Mouse.*"

*Wanna know why? <A HREF="http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=55009194&m=493099902" TARGET=_blank>click here for my story!
</A>

The thing that bugged me about the Disney AP is the finger thing. I sometimes wanted to stick another finger in it!

Anyway, I am surprised the Florida resident pass is a durable plastic pass. That's one up from the Florida Fun Card, which is a paper pass with your photo on it.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Saw this deal at the go2orlando website for fla residents. Don't know who is offering it and what the blackout dates are, but the price is great! Just wish I was a fla resident!

Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios: at Universal Orlando, Interstate 5 and Kirkman Road, Orlando; Florida resident price of $59 plus tax adults, $49 plus tax children (purchase through Sept. 27, unlimited admission through Dec. 23). Regular admission is $48.76 adults, $39.22 ages 3-9, free age 2 and under. Call for details and blackout dates. 407-363-8000. :)

I just called universal because I also just purchased the florida adventure passes but mine say only good til May 1. I was told that you could only get the ones that are good thru Dec 31 if you are AAA members. I had AAA for 20 years ( father was salesman) and when he died, I switched to Allstate. Oh well. I am still happy with the 63. price.

Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!