Average Cost Snacking during F & W

dadschum

Mouseketeer
What is your average cost of snacking around the world during F & W? I understand there is some sort of pass I could put money on, or just budget for it.

This is for 2014, but using 2011 info it looks like there are 29 booths. 3 of them appear to be all beer which doesn't interest us and the 4th that would not interest us is the United States kiosk. So that leaves 25 booths.

This is 3 women snacking our way around the world. Are the plates enough to get 2 or 3 and share? We would also be getting adult beverages too, just not beer. And probably doing 2 days of Epcot WS.

So how much should I budget per day per person to snack around the world, not including alcohol. And should we make a TS too or just plan to snack. If we arrive at 11AM and hit 10 -12 kiosks one day should we do a TS for dinner too or is that too much.

We would do the other half the next day we have at Epcot.

Any thoughts, answers, suggestions?

Thank you!

1) It can get expensive if you really want to sample every booth
. . . $4-$7 for a food bite (one bite, not counting desserts of other dishes)
. . . $3-$5 for a tasting glass (2-oz) of wine
2) So, if you get a drink and a bite at each, figure $200-$240 in total.

Thanks Rusty! So seems sharing is really not do-able. Not enough food on a plate to share.

So on the high end $7 per plate x 25 kiosks (minus the beer places and the US) would be $175 for food plus beverages. $7 is the high end for plates and we may not hit every kiosk, some may not interest us, so a good estimate on food would probably be about $150 for 25 kiosks. Or $75 each day for 2 days - plus beverages.

Rusty - I always enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

I have my Disney Visa Rewards card with about $100 on it, my discovery rewards card about $75, just put have a few hundred on my AAA travel card and I have a coffee can of change the DW will take to the bank to cash in and add to our AAA card and me and DW will have 7 snack credits each from the dining plan. We are all ready for what ever it costs.
Most expensive items like the lobster roll at the Hops and Barley kiosk we will use our snack credit points if they are still included this year.

And o yes we do share.

Can't wait about a month and a half to go to eat ,drink and be merry. :cool1::hippie:

My husband and I share every plate. We skip most desserts. $200 for food over multiple days is plenty for us. We do not do TS on these days.

DH and I each start our F&W days with $50 each loaded onto wrist cards. We do share some things, and not others. He likes the beer more than the food, I don't drink so I like the food more. :teeth: We also do one sit down (either lunch or dinner) at some point, so the $50 is not all we spend on food in a day, but the $50 is usually plenty for each of us for the booths. I think I might have loaded an extra $20 one time when I ran out. But we go almost every year and I only vaguely remember having to reload once or twice at most.

I think though if you're going to eat AND drink both, you will likely need more.

I cannot just "snack" on little bites all day long, morning until night. I need one actual meal a day. Whether CS or TS but an actual full meal. But that's me (no, I'm not pooh sized either). Some people just eat the snacks all day but I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Way too much walking and I burn through it too fast I guess.

As others have said, the plates do not contain large amounts of food, but there is often enough for my family of three to each get a bite. Here are a few photos from 2011. The first photo has the tacos; they can be divided and shared if everyone is willing to have a small bite. The second photo is of the chocolate lava cake, which was tiny!

FW_Mexico.jpg

FW_IrelandCake.jpg

My family was able to share almost everything, but each person only got a bite/tasting. We were able to make a meal of it, but it did involve going to several kiosks. I would guess you'll need 12-15 plates to make a full meal of it for 3 adults.

We always did a TS meal (usually dinner), but that was also because it was a chance to relax in an AC'ed location and unwind from the day.

Regarding the pass, there is a special F&W themed gift card (with wrist strap) that you can "load" with funds (minimum is $5, I think). It's a regular gift card,s o you use it to purchase non-F&W items as well. My family likes to get it because it means we don't have to keep pulling out and putting away our wallet at every kiosk And it makes a cute souvenir afterwards.

Here is the breakdown someone did last year for the cost of all the items served at the F & W Kiosks:

There are 181 items (54 food, 17 dessert, 40 wine, 39 beer) on the Marketplace menus this year(2011). If you bought 1 of everything, it would cost $861.90.

Last year(2010), if you bought one of everything at each of the booths, the cost was $715. (2009 was $819, 2008 was $728). The numbers only included the smaller beers (if there was a choice).

Out of the above numbers:
2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
food: $201.65 / $245.50 / $219.95 / $226.55
dessert: $52.00 / $49.25 / $46.45 / $44.90
wine: $221.00 / $199.50 / $152.60 / $139.95
beer: $140.00 / $173.25 / $125.70 / $227.5

Once we get to see the actual prices this year I'm sure someone will figure out what it all costs again.

As others already mentioned each serving is good for 2-4 mouthfuls so they can be split by several people if you choose to.

1) . . . $4-$7 for a food bite (one bite, not counting desserts of other dishes).

This is really misleading, IMO. The plates are all more than one bite and DH and I share every one. I would say you get 3-5 bites per plate.

When we go with our kids we buy one of everything (over a few days) and each try them all. When it is just DH and I we don't get as much but we still share. I would say 6-7 full items would fill me up so that would be about $35-40 per person per snacking session. Your mileage may vary. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter