AVATAR Land Construction Area Expanding

Avatar doesn't have to make it to make the parks.

Imagineering is perfectly capable of making the parks MAKE AvatarLand.

Hang tight, y'all. You ain't seen nothing yet. ;)

Avatar doesn't have to make it to make the parks. Imagineering is perfectly capable of making the parks MAKE AvatarLand. Hang tight, y'all. You ain't seen nothing yet. ;)
I have to agree. Disney is trying to create floating mountains. If the rides aren't the greatest the theming of pandora should be.

For me, once Pandora, Rivers of Light, expanded Harambe and night safaris are all completed, this might be my favorite Orlando park.

If the imagineers truly figure out how to make the mountains 'float'…this part of Animal Kingdom will be remarkable. It will be a singularly unique visual park experience you won't find anywhere else (except for Tokyo Disney Sea).

the question should be can WDI do Pandora justice and will they spend the money to create a one of a kind immersive theme park experience

Yeah...even if the sequel is a flop doen't mean that the *land* at AK will be a flop.

People go to WDW because it's WDW. If the rides and experiences are great...that's really all that matters.

How many "Song Of The South" fans are there>

Not many, huh?

But Splash Mountain sure is popular.:confused3

I love Song of the South. However, I do think there are some unfortunate names in the story that just don't fly today. I don't think it's truly meant to be racist.

the question should be can WDI do Pandora justice and will they spend the money to create a one of a kind immersive theme park experience

Hold on to your britches.

Some ex-imagineers got a blank check to do PotterLand. Time to throw'em on the table and let the measuring begin. Might want to up your standard on rulers. ;)

Ol Joe will be in Orlando tomorrow...I wish they would release some more concept art or give an update....im guessing we wont get anything until D23
we have gotten new aerial images and know there will be two rides a boat type ride and a flying banshee ride.

I have to agree. Disney is trying to create floating mountains. If the rides aren't the greatest the theming of pandora should be.
I know you're joking, but... they are building a brand new power plant right next to Animal Kingdom, coincidentally at the same time that all this Avatar work is being done. I'm not saying the two are related, but it would require a lot of power to even simulate a floating mountain. ;-)

I know you're joking, but... they are building a brand new power plant right next to Animal Kingdom, coincidentally at the same time that all this Avatar work is being done. I'm not saying the two are related, but it would require a lot of power to even simulate a floating mountain. ;-)
I'm not joking I'm very excited for avatar. Yes I didn't like the movie all that much but that doesn't mean it can't be a great themed land. The power plant is definitely in correlation with the AK work they are doing so much work to that park it's going to need more power. Avatar is bringing a new life to a park that used to be only a day time park.

I'm not joking I'm very excited for avatar. Yes I didn't like the movie all that much but that doesn't mean it can't be a great themed land. The power plant is definitely in correlation with the AK work they are doing so much work to that park it's going to need more power. Avatar is bringing a new life to a park that used to be only a day time park.

I still have a very hard time understanding how Avatar and Disney fit together.

Seems like it makes sense, it's a popular movie that is being transformed into a franchise so it will stay relevant for awhile. Also the original was best known for creating and showcasing new technology, which is something disney tries to do.

But if this bothers you there are tons of anomalies in the parks that you could say have nothing to do with disney. Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Star Wars (before they bought it), etc...

it's not so much how they fit together but Disney can do theming like no other. I'm sure James Cameron has a lot to do with it as well as its been said he's not the easiest to work with and a lot of times he likes it his way or no way.

Seems like it makes sense, it's a popular movie that is being transformed into a franchise so it will stay relevant for awhile. Also the original was best known for creating and showcasing new technology, which is something disney tries to do. But if this bothers you there are tons of anomalies in the parks that you could say have nothing to do with disney. Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Star Wars (before they bought it), etc...
That's very true Aerosmith isn't making music today but is one of the most popular rides on Disney property. Captain EO was brought back because of Michaels death but when it debuted originally it was very popular.

Simple to me
Avatar was about living in community, protecting nature and the environment, living in harmony with nature

all central themes to DAK

So Avatar 2 comes out December 2016 and Avatar land comes out in 2017. Well, at least there will be something new there.

I wonder how many years we have to wait for Studios to move out of half day territory.

I'm still at a loss for why this will take so long. Seems like Diagonal alley was whipped out in way less time. NFL took forever and the end product did not seem to live up to the time spent. The stupid parking garage took forever.

I'm still at a loss for why this will take so long. Seems like Diagonal alley was whipped out in way less time. NFL took forever and the end product did not seem to live up to the time spent. The stupid parking garage took forever.
well avatar was announced very very early in 2009. Construction didn't start until 2013 and it will open in 2017. 4 years of planning and designing. 4 years of construction about the same as NFL. I really do think avatar will live up to the time spent on it two attractions on e ticket and a c or d ticket. Disney is trying to tackle floating mountains as well I don't see that in universal. Hey and the parking garage open November 20th!

well avatar was announced very very early in 2009. Construction didn't start until 2013 and it will open in 2017. 4 years of planning and designing. 4 years of construction about the same as NFL.

Disney Parks & Resorts announced exclusive, worldwide theme park rights to James Cameron’s AVATAR and its sequels on Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011 (not "very very early in 2009").

The announcement came immediately after the Disney execs signed the deal with Cameron. It was a surprise to everyone except those who were directly involved. WDI did not begin any planning and design work until after the announcement.

Disney Parks & Resorts announced exclusive, worldwide theme park rights to James Cameron’s AVATAR and its sequels on Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011 (not "very very early in 2009"). The announcement came immediately after the Disney execs signed the deal with Cameron. It was a surprise to everyone except those who were directly involved. WDI did not begin an begin any planning and design work until after the announcement.
I got my d23 events mixed up it was in 2011 at the d23 expo. And yes I said that planning didn't begin until after the announcement hence the long time this is taking. Maybe that has been Disney's problem as of late is that they have announced things too early and then it takes longer that way. NFL opened in phases avatar or pandora is not going to do that it will likely open all at once. I think that is part of the reason they haven't announced anything with DHS yet because they are early in planning and design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter