Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Room 570 - Ewa Tower, 1 Bedroom Poolside Garden View

Ewa Tower - Room 1174, 2 bedroom ocean view

Thanks for sharing your photos! I've added both villas to the list in Post #1.

After experiencing both a Pool View villa and an Ocean View villa, which one do you think you'll request if (when?) you return to Aulani?

Ewa tower 552 one bedroom Pool/Garden View, full long balcony from our Dec trip. Loved it!!!

59381_540869795924684_1846464768_n.jpg

537671_540882755923388_1677342259_n.jpg

556745_540870799257917_1376302617_n.jpg

61459_540868232591507_853774277_n.jpg

531852_540867679258229_758803494_n.jpg

302698_540866979258299_446933025_n.jpg

429528_540882802590050_205489836_n.jpg

We also did the family pasta meal on our last night at Aulani. We got the basic package for four people and added on for another adult, as there were five adults and one child in our group. The portions were huge! It's definitely meant for having leftovers, as we didn't even eat half of what was provided and were completely stuffed. It's a shame we didn't know that and do the family meal earlier in the trip, so that we could have enjoyed the leftovers...

Thank you SO much for this post. I will be at Aulani in 3 weeks and this made me SO excited. I waivered back and forth between going and not going just about 2 weeks ago and decided to go ahead and continue with my solo trip. I'm looking forward to seeing what room I can get.

So from what I've been reading, it's better to do the check-in via phone than online? And is the phone check-in still 10 days out? I've only done online with my check-ins.

Hello. We will be visiting Aulani soon. Trying to figure out our room request. One question I'm wondering about is which areas of the villa buildings get the most sun exposure on the balconies.

It looks to me like the Waianae long building (XX01 - XX13) facing the pool probably gets some morning sun but then that is it, no afternoon sun.

Does the Waianaea building (XX30 - XX47) closest to the lobby and facing the pool get any sun?

How about the Ewa building (XX50-XX59) closest to the lobby facing the pool?

My guess is the balconies with the most sun exposure would be in Ewa long building (XX70-XX89) facing the pool and closest to the ocean.

Does anybody have any information on this? We are the kind of people who spend a TON of time just relaxing on our balcony and would prefer a balcony with the most sun rays hitting us!

We have an ocean view booked and definitely hope that we get one that faces the pool side rather than facing the other direction. So sun exposure for the balconies that do not face the pool won't matter to us.

Appreciate any information you have!

Hello. We will be visiting Aulani soon. Trying to figure out our room request. One question I'm wondering about is which areas of the villa buildings get the most sun exposure on the balconies.

It looks to me like the Waianae long building (XX01 - XX13) facing the pool probably gets some morning sun but then that is it, no afternoon sun.

Does the Waianaea building (XX30 - XX47) closest to the lobby and facing the pool get any sun?

How about the Ewa building (XX50-XX59) closest to the lobby facing the pool?

My guess is the balconies with the most sun exposure would be in Ewa long building (XX70-XX89) facing the pool and closest to the ocean.

Does anybody have any information on this? We are the kind of people who spend a TON of time just relaxing on our balcony and would prefer a balcony with the most sun rays hitting us!

We have an ocean view booked and definitely hope that we get one that faces the pool side rather than facing the other direction. So sun exposure for the balconies that do not face the pool won't matter to us.

Appreciate any information you have!

I'll try to answer some of your questions. First off, Aulani rooms xx30-xx47 are not DVC villas; they are part of the Aulani Hotel. If you have booked a DVC villa, then you will not be assigned to that wing.

If you look at the resort map in Post #1, the sun rises in the lower left corner of map and sets in the upper right corner. The Ocean View Villas in the Waianae Building (even numbered villas xx02-xx12) will get morning sun. They will continue to get sun until the early afternoon. We were at Aulani in September and we got sun until 4:00 PM or so, maybe a little longer.

The Ocean View villas in the Ewa Building (both the Phase 1 wing and the Long Wing) won't get morning sun. They will get some afternoon sun, but it will be later in the afternoon. Because the Ewa Phase 1 wing (even numbered villas xx50-xx58) is angled more than the Ewa Long Wing (even numbered villas xx70-xx86), it will catch sun a bit sooner than the Long Wing.

Hope this helps.

I'll try to answer some of your questions. First off, Aulani rooms xx30-xx47 are not DVC villas; they are part of the Aulani Hotel. If you have booked a DVC villa, then you will not be assigned to that wing.

If you look at the resort map in Post #1, the sun rises in the lower left corner of map and sets in the upper right corner. The Ocean View Villas in the Waianae Building (even numbered villas xx02-xx12) will get morning sun. They will continue to get sun until the early afternoon. We were at Aulani in September and we got sun until 4:00 PM or so, maybe a little longer.

The Ocean View villas in the Ewa Building (both the Phase 1 wing and the Long Wing) won't get morning sun. They will get some afternoon sun, but it will be later in the afternoon. Because the Ewa Phase 1 wing (even numbered villas xx50-xx58) is angled more than the Ewa Long Wing (even numbered villas xx70-xx86), it will catch sun a bit sooner than the Long Wing.

Hope this helps.

Very good info! Any idea (not to hijack but this interests me too) about what time the sun will hit Ewa, both short and long wings and how late it might last?

wdrl: Thanks very much for the great information. Much appreciated!!

Just to make sure I understand, when you were there in September you stayed in Waianae Building (even numbered villas xx02-xx12) -- that's where you had the sun from morning until 4:00 p.m.?

Thanks again. I have a question about a different topic as well. I guess I will just start a different post for that.

Anyone who is currently staying at Aulani or was recently there, I have a question about the construction noise. Was wondering if the noise is pretty loud in your room/balcony if you are staying close to it in the Waianae Building? Or can you not hear it?

Same goes for those staying in the Ewa building in rooms closest to ocean. I'm assuming the noise would be more prevalent in the Waianae building if you are staying close to the ocean versus in the Ewa building.

But I could be wrong. Anybody have any information on this? Thanks.

On a side note, if you get a room closest the ocean can you actually hear the waves at night when the pool is closed and therefore pool noise is gone? I sure love the sounds of the ocean at night!

Very good info! Any idea (not to hijack but this interests me too) about what time the sun will hit Ewa, both short and long wings and how late it might last?

I've looked at several of my photos, which are time stamped, but its tough to give specifics about the time of day for each wing. We were on the third floor of the Waianae Building in villa #304, and we got sun before 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM or so. The Ewa Long Wing odd numbered villas (xx71-xx87), which face away from the pool, are partly in the shadow of the Ewa Short Wing, but they should have the sun for almost the same amount of time. The Ewa Short Wing even numbered villas xx60-xx68 will miss the morning sun, but should get sun at midday until late afternoon when the sun is blocked by the Ewa Long Wing.

As I said in my previous post, its best to look at the resort map in Post #1 and imagine the sun moving from the lower left to the upper right.

By the way, the Aulani Villas have sheers. Guests don't have to worry about their villas getting overheated by direct sunlight.

Just to make sure I understand, when you were there in September you stayed in Waianae Building (even numbered villas xx02-xx12) -- that's where you had the sun from morning until 4:00 p.m.?

Yes, we were in Villa #304, a Pool View Studio on the third floor of the Waianae Building. Here is a link to our trip report, which has more photos of Aulani, and some general information you might find interesting: http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?11255-15-Days-in-Hawaii-with-denlo-amp-wdrl

By the way, Aulani fronts a man-made lagoon. The ocean waves actually break further away at the openings of the lagoon. I don't think you'll hear much wave action from a villa. But we were on the third floor, so maybe I'm completely wrong.

I've looked at several of my photos, which are time stamped, but its tough to give specifics about the time of day for each wing. We were on the third floor of the Waianae Building in villa #304, and we got sun before 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM or so. The Ewa Long Wing odd numbered villas (xx71-xx87), which face away from the pool, are partly in the shadow of the Ewa Short Wing, but they should have the sun for almost the same amount of time. The Ewa Short Wing even numbered villas xx60-xx68 will miss the morning sun, but should get sun at midday until late afternoon when the sun is blocked by the Ewa Long Wing.

As I said in my previous post, its best to look at the resort map in Post #1 and imagine the sun moving from the lower left to the upper right.

By the way, the Aulani Villas have sheers. Guests don't have to worry about their villas getting overheated by direct sunlight.

Good info, I was focusing on high floor long wing Ewa, for our OV studio for sunset views (and no marriott) but would love afternoon sun as well and prefer it to morning sun.

We just returned and were in room 1656, a studio. We loved the room and the view. We enjoyed breakfast on the non-angled lanai every morning in the shade. We had sun in the afternoon until the magical sunsets. We also enjoyed listening to live Hawaiian music wafting up from the Olelo room while eating dinner on our lanai. -- Suzanne

Thanks for the information Suzanne. Sounds positively lovely. Sounds like you preferred the non-angled lanai to the angled ones (?). Are the non-angled bigger?

Was it plenty warm enough for eating breakfast on your lanai even though you didn't have the warmth from the sun?

We're back from a great stay at Aulani. We had a two BR ocean view in the long wing of Ewa and an accessible studio on the short wing of Ewa. Took photos but will have to try to figure out how to share them.

The sounds from the pool could be heard all night. The water doesn't stop it's just that guests can't swim. I think I could hear the sounds of the ocean at times, too, but.....???

The only construction noise I heard was the beeping from trucks on occasion. I assume that was when they were backing up?? Not an annoyance for me.

I was on the lanai a lot and don't remember having any problem escaping the sun. The long wing of Ewa runs pretty much East to West so the rooms on the pool side face North. Perfect for someone who doesn't want to sit in the sun. Yes, it was warm enough to enjoy breakfast on the lanai.

Thanks to BCV23, here is a photo of the view from Aulani Villa 670/672, a two bedroom lock off located in the Long Wing of the Ewa Building:

photo-1_zpsc4a46548.jpg

Here are some more photos, courtesy of BCV23. Aulani Villa 456 is a Handicapped Accessible Pool View Studio in Ewa Building Phase 1, the wing closest to the lobby. The bathroom in this studio is modified to accommodate guests with accessibility issues.

The studio has a great view of Waikolohe Valley's lazy river. You can see part of the Waianae Building in the background.

photo-2_zpsc7f810d8.jpg

Here is a photo of the handicapped accessible shower. Note that it has a rubber lip to keep the water from running all over the bathroom floor. According to BCV23's family, it is a huge improvement over other DVC HA showers.

photo_zpsc3613120.jpg

While at Aulani, BCV23 took some photos of the family dinner menus that are offered by Aulani's Room Service. I've read that the portions are quite large and that one family had enough leftovers for a second meal.

photo-3_zpsb64cfaac.jpg

photo-4_zps187aa06a.jpg

wdrl, thank you so much for posting my photos. Sorry for the quality.

We all loved Aulani. Such a wonderful resort. Our daughter said the bathroom was the best accessible one she's had. The little rubber lip visible at the entrance to the shower contained the water. I hope they retrofit other DVC properties in that manner. Seems like an easy fix.

When I saw our room assignment, I was disappointed that we were on the sixth floor until I walked out onto one of the lanais. Loved sixth floor. We could see the ocean well but also felt close enough to the pool that we felt immersed in the magic of the valley. The assignor also did us a favor by making the 2 BR convenient to the the studio. Both villas were close to the elevator bank and then it was a short walk. So nice.

Anyone else think the sheets were much nicer than other DVC properties? Loved having a hotpot for tea. Loved the rice bowls. Loved the layout of the master bath and all the different lighting options in the two sections. In fact, loved the lights throughout the 2 BR. Loved the details throughout the resort.

The cast members were all exceptional, I thought. For those of you with memories of WDW in the 70s (like my DH) and early 80s like me, the CMs remind me of those days with the extra touch of Hawaiian aloha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter