Aulani - Sandard room vs. Studio

topsy

Mouseketeer
Can anyone offer advice about the difference between a standard hotel room and a studio room at Aulani please? I want to book one of them with rented DVC points.

The Aulani website says the studio is 356 sq. feet and has a queen bed and sleeper sofa.

The standard bedroom however is larger at 382 sq. feet and has the option of a king bed and queen sleeper sofa.

Why is the studio more money if it is smaller? Is it just because you are paying for a microwave and sink etc?

Also, if I book a standard hotel room with DVC points, do we still get parking included?

Thank you.

I am assuming you are asking about the newly made available booking category of DVC Standard View Hotel Room. When Aulani took away the grand villa in the Wainaea tower to create the Ulu Cafe they had to add some more rooms back into the DVC inventory.... so they took some of the standard view hotel rooms out of their inventory and made them a new DVC room category.

If you are booking with DVC points you should still get the DVC parking perks of free self parking.

As you stated the square footage is a bit larger in the standard hotel room. The other differences are what is included in the room, you don't get the kitchenette when you are booking the standard hotel room category through DVC.

Here is the list of whats included in the Standard Hotel Room category taken from the DVC website:
DVC Member website said:
Standard view (includes either a view of the parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony).
Sleeps up to 4
2 queen-size beds (or one king with a pull out sleeper)
•Coffee maker (pod style)
•Tea kettle
•Small refrigerator (with no freezer)
•DVD player
•Full bathroom

and here is whats included with the DVC Deluxe Villa Studio category according to the DVC member website (though there is actually a lot more included):

DVC Member website said:
Standard view (includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot or parking garage from the room or balcony); Island Gardens view (includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa or landscaping from the room or balcony); Poolside Gardens View (includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room or balcony); Ocean view (includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony).
Sleeps up to 4
1 queen-size bed and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
•Kitchenette
•Paper plates and bowls, and plastic utensils
•Small refrigerator (with small freezer)
•Microwave
•Wet bar
•Full bathroom

for a more complete list of all the inventory for a DVC Deluxe Studio you can also check here:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/aulani-villas/guest-room-inventory-88198

Here are a few other threads that discuss this same question that may also help clarify and give more details:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3228382

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3231443

Sorry for cross posting...
When they say "pod style" coffee maker,do you know if it is a Keurig or the filter bag style?

Good question Girimama33... hopefully someone who has stayed in the hotel room's (I have only stayed in the DVC rooms) can chime in. I assumed that meant Keurig style? but I am not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter