Aulani later this month

melk

DIS Veteran
I’m sure if I searched I could find the answers I’m looking for but I’m asking for my daughter and I just don’t have the time to do the research.

She is heading to Aulani in a couple of weeks with a couple of friends. Months ago I booked three nights at Aulani for them. Hoping some knowledgeable people here can answer a few questions for me.

I booked a studio with a garden view…should I bother making any type of room request? I have no idea about desirable locations at this resort.

Also, I’ve briefly read about a tax they’ll have to pay. What can they expect to pay? It’s a three night studio stay, using 63 points total, if that helps.

Are there any must do things for them to enjoy? They’ll be on Maui the entire week before so I think their plan is to just enjoy the resort for the most part.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know if the room is island gardens or poolside gardens?

There are some island garden rooms with better views than others, but I'd have to look up the exact things to request. Poolside gardens all have a similar view, but some rooms are on the ground floor, so you could request to have one of those or avoid them.

The tax will be about $54 for 63 points.

Biggest recommendation is snorkeling at Rainbow Reef. If they want to take one day to explore the island, I suggest going to Haleiwa and Waimea Falls. Other than that, just enjoy the beach and pools. Check out some of the food across the street if they don't want to pay Aulani prices for every meal.

Do you know if the room is island gardens or poolside gardens?

There are some island garden rooms with better views than others, but I'd have to look up the exact things to request. Poolside gardens all have a similar view, but some rooms are on the ground floor, so you could request to have one of those or avoid them.

The tax will be about $54 for 63 points.

Biggest recommendation is snorkeling at Rainbow Reef. If they want to take one day to explore the island, I suggest going to Haleiwa and Waimea Falls. Other than that, just enjoy the beach and pools. Check out some of the food across the street if they don't want to pay Aulani prices for every meal.
Thank you for the info, I’ll pass it along to them.

To answer your question, it’s an island garden view.

Thank you for the info, I’ll pass it along to them.

To answer your question, it’s an island garden view.
Here are the room locations: https://***********.com/085-aulani-...view-part-2-of-4-in-our-aulani-review-series/

There are many island garden view rooms with a view of the Luau, and others have views of the mountain or Four Seasons hotel.

To suggest things to do, what age group is your daughter and her friends? Will they have a car rental?

To suggest things to do, what age group is your daughter and her friends? Will they have a car rental?
Mid-20’s, but not into nightclubbing or things like that.

I know they were just looking into car rentals this week, I’m not sure they were committed to it. The planner in me finds it very stressful, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter