Aulani at 7 month mark?

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by Pluto's Gang, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Pluto's Gang

Pluto's Gang Earning My Ears

My son is getting married in August 2019. We want to give them their honeymoon in an Ocean View Studio at Aulani. We will need to book at the 7 month mark since we own at Disney"s Hilton Head Island Resort. What are our chances of getting this if we book right at 7 months?

southerngirl528 likes this.
  2. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

Congrats on your son's upcoming wedding! :flower2:

We own OKW & Vero and I have booked Aulani 4 times at the 7 month or less mark. Because you are wanting Ocean View, your odds are very good IMO. It is the cheapest view rooms that book the fastest. August may be busier than winter and fall when I have gone, but I still think since you want OV, if you are at the computer at 8am Eastern Time to book, you should have no issues at all. If for some reason it was booked, just jump on the W/L immediately. :cutie:

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. im4pacers1

im4pacers1 Mouseketeer

I agree with PP hotel rooms (DVC has like four I think) and the standard views will go first. We book at 7 months and got island view for an October trip.

southerngirl528 likes this.
  5. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

You probably know this but maybe be willing to book alternate dates, even if by one or two days.
    If the airfare is already purchased then they can stay a night in Waikiki or up in the North Shore if needed

6. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I agree with PPs. We got married in August and honeymooned in September, and found Aulani to be relatively slow and quiet compared to other times of year.

7. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

I booked an Ocean View Studio at Aulani via rental points in May 2018 for a stay in October 2018, so that was only about 5 months ahead.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We've been able to book a Ocean View Grand Villa at the 7 month mark for the past 3 years.

9. kittylady1972

kittylady1972 Disneyholic

We booked August this year for the first time...in a 2BR...and I had to book an Island Garden View for 2 nights and waitlist the 3rd night but I do believe Ocean View was available for at least one of those nights. I ended up waitlisting one night in the Island Garden category...and it did come through about 3 months before our trip. I was stalking the DVC site for weeks and days leading up to tour trip at the 7-month mark and did notice as it got closer the availability was dwindling...but again this was for a 2BR over a long weekend in August.