Aulani, 2 nights, 2 adults and a question

jeanico2000

DIS Veteran
Hello all! My husband and I love Ko'Olina, have stayed at the Marriott before (beautiful resort!), and I was able to get a reservation for a Friday and Saturday night at the end of September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and both our birthdays at Aulani. I have since read a few comments saying that weekends are so much busier than weekdays, but am not able to change our dates. Will it be really bad? I am wondering if I should cancel, although I really don't want to! Thank you for sharing your experiences with me!

Hello all! My husband and I love Ko'Olina, have stayed at the Marriott before (beautiful resort!), and I was able to get a reservation for a Friday and Saturday night at the end of September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and both our birthdays at Aulani. I have since read a few comments saying that weekends are so much busier than weekdays, but am not able to change our dates. Will it be really bad? I am wondering if I should cancel, although I really don't want to! Thank you for sharing your experiences with me!

Aulani has become a very popular resort and as a result has become very busy. While no one knows what the capacity will be, you aren’t traveling during a school holiday so maybe there will be less people. I can only travel to Aulani during holidays and the summer. I haven’t noticed during those times that there are more people on the weekends as opposed to during the week. DO NOT cancel your trip. Make any restaurant reservations you can in advance and enjoy the resort. As long as you pack your patience, you should be fine.

Congrats on your 40th wedding anniversary and happy birthday to you both.

We just came back home three days ago from a stay at Aulani for five nights after our visit to the Big Island. Aulani wasn't extremely crowded on Friday and Saturday, so I'm going to suspect that you should be fine with the crowd level when you visit in September. We went to the pools during the day and we were able to find a few empty chairs to sit on. Have a great time!

You’ll be perfectly fine. There is always a place for quiet time

Maybe splurge for a cabana or spa treatment one day, so you’ll have one day where you have your own space, in case it is really crowded? Seems like a good treat for such a big occasion:) Congratulations on your anniversary!

Nah, don't cancel. You're there might as well make the best of it. It is a big resort, and you can find places to relax.

No do not change! Based on the points chart, the end of Sept. is low peak. Also, fall break for public schools start Sep. 30 and I wouldn’t anticipate families to arrive beginning either Sunday (10/2) or later. Plus, the local families that can afford to stay there are very sweet! You don’t get that Waikiki mentality while at Aulani whatsoever (IMO) and don’t need to be embarrassed whatsoever about your kiddos throwing a tantrum. But it’s just the 2 of you? If so, mahalo for braving the storm 😂. Crowded just means someone needs to be down by the pool area to hold your chairs at around 7:30 or so. Again, being low peak season, I think you can even push it to 8 but feel it out on arrival day to see how the pool seating is. Most families are there early anyway because of the time difference so they’re up by 5, 6am easy! And with a cup of coffee and their phone, they can sit on a chair to reserve claim their spot with ease! In regards to the resort being crowded, I don’t thing anything can top 4th of July! Crowded just means the chairs were all taken! Completely! When we scored 2 chairs at 11am, we were set! Just makes it easier to leave belongings somewhere and get in the water! But I recommend no to cancelling! It’ll be the time of your lives and congratulations on your 40th! Wow! Be sure to mention it on your res and they may surprise you with something in your room on check-in day!

Aulani has become a very popular resort and as a result has become very busy. While no one knows what the capacity will be, you aren’t traveling during a school holiday so maybe there will be less people. I can only travel to Aulani during holidays and the summer. I haven’t noticed during those times that there are more people on the weekends as opposed to during the week. DO NOT cancel your trip. Make any restaurant reservations you can in advance and enjoy the resort. As long as you pack your patience, you should be fine.
Restaurants are really crappy there is I’m a local here. I’d go across the street to Monkeypod (definite) or Roy’s. Plus, fall break starts on 9-30 through 10-10 so take that for what it’s worth.

We go at Christmas every few years ... I would say "busy" is a relative term. Even at Christmas, its no busier than a WDW resort during the summer. I'd say you'll be fine in Sept.

Restaurants are really crappy there and this is coming from a local. I’d go across the street to Monkeypod (definite) or Roy’s. Plus, fall break starts on 9-30 through 10-10 so take that for what it’s worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter