August Europe....

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
So I think we will be pulling the plug. Partly because I think this thing will only be starting to calm down this summer and partly since income is taking a hit so europe cruise for 7 will be out. Would like to get my deposit back soon!! We already have 5 of 7 plane tix so have to figure that out.
Anyone else pulling the plug on later summer cruises? We can commiserate together...

I'm not cancelling, but we're not a party of seven. I didn't pay for airfare and I'm not going to lose my job. If I was in any way worried about losing my job I'd be cancelling.

We were booked on the 8/5 Magic and had to bail. Husband and I have both lost our jobs, and unfortunately, I don’t think it would have been a good decision for us anyway. Even though we are healthy, I think it would have been a big risk. IF it even sails, which is anyone’s guess. If it does sail, there are still unknowns about what the status of the port countries will be like.

So... I’m 99.9% ok with our decision to cancel. We’ve requested our deposit back and are still waiting. We’re out A LOT of money on non-refundable airfare and hotel in Copenhagen. I also pre-paid our hotel in London, but Marriott was really generous in refunding it. Very grateful for that.

We pulled the plug in our back to back Sept Europe/british isles. It was only 3 of us but I’d rather get my deposits back now before the flood of cancellations. At this point I can’t imagine the magic going out there with the potential large UK outbreak. I’m also hoping for the best for the economy but I think it is going to be a long summer and who knows how things will look on the flip side.
I’m disappointed but really it’s a first world problem. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

We were booked on the 8/5 Magic and had to bail. Husband and I have both lost our jobs, and unfortunately, I don’t think it would have been a good decision for us anyway. Even though we are healthy, I think it would have been a big risk. IF it even sails, which is anyone’s guess. If it does sail, there are still unknowns about what the status of the port countries will be like.

So... I’m 99.9% ok with our decision to cancel. We’ve requested our deposit back and are still waiting. We’re out A LOT of money on non-refundable airfare and hotel in Copenhagen. I also pre-paid our hotel in London, but Marriott was really generous in refunding it. Very grateful for that.
I wouldn’t cancel your airfare yet. Leave it - and if the airline cancels you may get a refund.

I pulled the plug on the 11th July 25th cruise out of Dover. There were 6 of us with two rooms (two 70yr olds) so it was an EXPENSIVE trip. I didn't want to chance losing money nor kicking a cruise credit down the road. And we all booked airfare using miles so as much as it would stink to possibly lose points, its just points. 3rd vacation I've had to cancel this year, we were supposed to leave for New Zealand on Friday. :oops: Happy 2020.

Pulling the plug on our two week Alaska cruise departing July 27. I cannot risk getting sick (will have finished chemo and radiation two weeks before cruising), and I cannot miss work and risk being stuck on the ship in Vancouver. We are going to rent a big cabin lakeside in Lake Tahoe instead.

I pulled the plug on the 11th July 25th cruise out of Dover. There were 6 of us with two rooms (two 70yr olds) so it was an EXPENSIVE trip. I didn't want to chance losing money nor kicking a cruise credit down the road. And we all booked airfare using miles so as much as it would stink to possibly lose points, its just points. 3rd vacation I've had to cancel this year, we were supposed to leave for New Zealand on Friday. :oops: Happy 2020.
We are currently booked on that cruise and will very likely cancel. Too expensive a cruise to sit at sea, let alone the risk of getting sick.

We canceled our end of August cruise and we’re actually fine with it. We realize that even if this virus is on the decline we would not feel comfortable with our health compromised. It’s not really a vacation if you’re constantly worried about catching it. Now we’re just hoping the airline cancels our flight so we can get a refund but that will be some time down time before we know.

We canceled our end of August cruise and we’re actually fine with it. We realize that even if this virus is on the decline we would not feel comfortable with our health compromised. It’s not really a vacation if you’re constantly worried about catching it. Now we’re just hoping the airline cancels our flight so we can get a refund but that will be some time down time before we know.
If the virus is on the decline like it most likely will be don't expect the airline to cancel flights.

So I think we will be pulling the plug. Partly because I think this thing will only be starting to calm down this summer and partly since income is taking a hit so europe cruise for 7 will be out. Would like to get my deposit back soon!! We already have 5 of 7 plane tix so have to figure that out.
Anyone else pulling the plug on later summer cruises? We can commiserate together...

Haven't done it yet, but it's getting more and more likely that we will cancel our late August cruise. :(

Yeah I am waiting on the flights. If they dont cancel I will have to cancel with fees I guess....Or if hte virus dies down we may go and do land exporation on our own. Not sure if my parents will come though...
I feel sad over cancelling, but the stress of what is going on and what may happen in future is overwhelming the sadness...

We plan to cancel our September cruise. We booked with an OBB so we need to decide what cruise to move it to. We are kind of waiting to see if Disney will extend the 2 year rule for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!