August Europe....

nycdisneygal

DIS Veteran
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
So I think we will be pulling the plug. Partly because I think this thing will only be starting to calm down this summer and partly since income is taking a hit so europe cruise for 7 will be out. Would like to get my deposit back soon!! We already have 5 of 7 plane tix so have to figure that out.
Anyone else pulling the plug on later summer cruises? We can commiserate together...
 

smmco

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
I'm not cancelling, but we're not a party of seven. I didn't pay for airfare and I'm not going to lose my job. If I was in any way worried about losing my job I'd be cancelling.
 

  • Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

    Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

  • EllieBride

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 13, 2010
    We were booked on the 8/5 Magic and had to bail. Husband and I have both lost our jobs, and unfortunately, I don’t think it would have been a good decision for us anyway. Even though we are healthy, I think it would have been a big risk. IF it even sails, which is anyone’s guess. If it does sail, there are still unknowns about what the status of the port countries will be like.

    So... I’m 99.9% ok with our decision to cancel. We’ve requested our deposit back and are still waiting. We’re out A LOT of money on non-refundable airfare and hotel in Copenhagen. I also pre-paid our hotel in London, but Marriott was really generous in refunding it. Very grateful for that.
     

    MasonDuo

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 14, 2009
    We pulled the plug in our back to back Sept Europe/british isles. It was only 3 of us but I’d rather get my deposits back now before the flood of cancellations. At this point I can’t imagine the magic going out there with the potential large UK outbreak. I’m also hoping for the best for the economy but I think it is going to be a long summer and who knows how things will look on the flip side.
    I’m disappointed but really it’s a first world problem. Stay safe and healthy everyone!
     

    fredandkell

    I'd rather be cruising
    Joined
    Apr 4, 2013
    We were booked on the 8/5 Magic and had to bail. Husband and I have both lost our jobs, and unfortunately, I don’t think it would have been a good decision for us anyway. Even though we are healthy, I think it would have been a big risk. IF it even sails, which is anyone’s guess. If it does sail, there are still unknowns about what the status of the port countries will be like.

    So... I’m 99.9% ok with our decision to cancel. We’ve requested our deposit back and are still waiting. We’re out A LOT of money on non-refundable airfare and hotel in Copenhagen. I also pre-paid our hotel in London, but Marriott was really generous in refunding it. Very grateful for that.
    I wouldn’t cancel your airfare yet. Leave it - and if the airline cancels you may get a refund.
     

  • EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

  • JTlikestheDuck

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Feb 16, 2019
    I pulled the plug on the 11th July 25th cruise out of Dover. There were 6 of us with two rooms (two 70yr olds) so it was an EXPENSIVE trip. I didn't want to chance losing money nor kicking a cruise credit down the road. And we all booked airfare using miles so as much as it would stink to possibly lose points, its just points. 3rd vacation I've had to cancel this year, we were supposed to leave for New Zealand on Friday. :oops: Happy 2020.
     

    China Expat

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Oct 29, 2014
    Pulling the plug on our two week Alaska cruise departing July 27. I cannot risk getting sick (will have finished chemo and radiation two weeks before cruising), and I cannot miss work and risk being stuck on the ship in Vancouver. We are going to rent a big cabin lakeside in Lake Tahoe instead.
     

    lisareniff

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Mar 26, 2003
    I pulled the plug on the 11th July 25th cruise out of Dover. There were 6 of us with two rooms (two 70yr olds) so it was an EXPENSIVE trip. I didn't want to chance losing money nor kicking a cruise credit down the road. And we all booked airfare using miles so as much as it would stink to possibly lose points, its just points. 3rd vacation I've had to cancel this year, we were supposed to leave for New Zealand on Friday. :oops: Happy 2020.
    We are currently booked on that cruise and will very likely cancel. Too expensive a cruise to sit at sea, let alone the risk of getting sick.
     
  • Luckymommyx2

    Wishing you a magical day
    Joined
    Jun 20, 2002
    We canceled our end of August cruise and we’re actually fine with it. We realize that even if this virus is on the decline we would not feel comfortable with our health compromised. It’s not really a vacation if you’re constantly worried about catching it. Now we’re just hoping the airline cancels our flight so we can get a refund but that will be some time down time before we know.
     

    smmco

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 5, 2019
    We canceled our end of August cruise and we’re actually fine with it. We realize that even if this virus is on the decline we would not feel comfortable with our health compromised. It’s not really a vacation if you’re constantly worried about catching it. Now we’re just hoping the airline cancels our flight so we can get a refund but that will be some time down time before we know.
    If the virus is on the decline like it most likely will be don't expect the airline to cancel flights.
     

    mmmears

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 30, 2005
    So I think we will be pulling the plug. Partly because I think this thing will only be starting to calm down this summer and partly since income is taking a hit so europe cruise for 7 will be out. Would like to get my deposit back soon!! We already have 5 of 7 plane tix so have to figure that out.
    Anyone else pulling the plug on later summer cruises? We can commiserate together...
    Haven't done it yet, but it's getting more and more likely that we will cancel our late August cruise. :(
     

    nycdisneygal

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 13, 2010
    Yeah I am waiting on the flights. If they dont cancel I will have to cancel with fees I guess....Or if hte virus dies down we may go and do land exporation on our own. Not sure if my parents will come though...
    I feel sad over cancelling, but the stress of what is going on and what may happen in future is overwhelming the sadness...
     

    emilymad

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 17, 2003
    We plan to cancel our September cruise. We booked with an OBB so we need to decide what cruise to move it to. We are kind of waiting to see if Disney will extend the 2 year rule for those.
     




    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.





    Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!



    DECK PLANS


    STATEROOMS


    ITINERARIES


    Top