*August 2019 check in*

We are home and I think I have updated the list with everyone! If I missed you, please let me know.

So happy to see so many of us going in August, I just wish we knew more about SW:GE to help make planning easier.

Oooo, just decided we should brave Disneyland this summer, even though I swore I would stay away for at least a year after SWGE opened! :rotfl2:
August 26 - September 1 for me, DS 16 & DD 21! DH encouraged us to go and said no thanks, he'd go fishing instead! :fish:

First timers to DLR 8/25-9/1!!
WDW vets looking for touring strategies including attractions, dining and nighttime shows/packages. We have 5day hoppers with MMs and are staying at DLH. We are excited to enjoy downtime at the pool there too!

Very excited to head west for our first time and also hope to hit HP at Universal once that week.

Fun to learn about a “new to us” park from all of you :tiptoe::yay:

Sydnerella’s Mama

Oooo, just decided we should brave Disneyland this summer, even though I swore I would stay away for at least a year after SWGE opened! :rotfl2:
August 26 - September 1 for me, DS 16 & DD 21! DH encouraged us to go and said no thanks, he'd go fishing instead! :fish:

Welcome to the madness that will be August 2019!

First timers to DLR 8/25-9/1!!
WDW vets looking for touring strategies including attractions, dining and nighttime shows/packages. We have 5day hoppers with MMs and are staying at DLH. We are excited to enjoy downtime at the pool there too!

Very excited to head west for our first time and also hope to hit HP at Universal once that week.

Fun to learn about a “new to us” park from all of you :tiptoe::yay:

Sydnerella’s Mama

With 5 day hoppers and staying onsite you should be able to do just about everything you want to do!

You are going to find touring at DLR so much easier than at WDW. Going between the two parks is a breeze and we typically hit each park 1-2 times each day. ADRs are not as hard to get and most can be booked a few days out, with the one notable exception of Blue Bayou. That one will book up in advance, but nothing like BoG! If you want to eat there and really want a waterside table, I would book for the earliest time possible. (I think that is 11:30 for lunch and 4:30 for dinner)

We are going to do the WOC dessert party again this trip. We've done the dining packages a few times in the past but for us, nothing beats having a table and chairs to sit at after a long day at the parks!

Maxpass will help getting multiple fast passes for sure and we are going to add it to our tickets for sure.

SW:GE is going to change most people's touring plans and until we know more about how it is going to all shake out, no one can really plan that much.

Please ask any questions you may have and I will try and answer! This is our 13th DL trip, I can answer most questions and if I can't then I know someone else here will be able to.

First timer as a family (I went one day in 1998 so that doesn’t count). We will be staying offsite at a walking distance Aug 14 - 18. Waiting to see how SWGE goes before buying the tickets, probably 3 days PH.

Will be in Disney August 20, 21, 22. Do we know yet, when Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment to Nightmare Before Christmas? The last few visits we have been to Disney have been during the Haunted Mansion NBC, and are looking forward to the classic non-NBC version.

Thanks

Hi we will be visiting from Australia. We are actually there from 29 July to 4th August and then I will be doing ABD Backstage Magic whilst my husband and mother in law go to San Francisco and the we are back at DL from 9th to 12th August.

Im very excited about ABD

Sandie

Will be in Disney August 20, 21, 22. Do we know yet, when Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment to Nightmare Before Christmas? The last few visits we have been to Disney have been during the Haunted Mansion NBC, and are looking forward to the classic non-NBC version.

Thanks
You should be good. Most likely that will happen on Aug 26.

See "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

:wizard:

We plan to be there for the 50th of Haunted Mansion. Hoping they do something cool for that. August 8th through the 13th.

Really don't expect to be able to do much In GE. Hitting Florida for 2 weeks in April 2020. Hoping GE will calm down there by then so we can really explore it.

We plan to be there for the 50th of Haunted Mansion. Hoping they do something cool for that. August 8th through the 13th.

Really don't expect to be able to do much In GE. Hitting Florida for 2 weeks in April 2020. Hoping GE will calm down there by then so we can really explore it.

I totally missed the fact that this year is HM's 50th! I wonder if there are going to be any special events or merch? I had a great HM wallpaper phone case a few years back that I loved!

I didn't even think about it being HM's 50th. Last summer we went too late in August and it was already down for the overlay. It's my favorite ride and I am so excited I will be there for this. Makes missing it last year worth it! :flower1:

Currently have a reservation for Desert Inn August 7 to 12, but we won't be going for that many days. If we go I am planning for just 2 or 3 days at the parks this year. I'm leaning towards Friday and Saturday. Now I see that is Choc weekend. How much does that impact the crowds?

Currently have a reservation for Desert Inn August 7 to 12, but we won't be going for that many days. If we go I am planning for just 2 or 3 days at the parks this year. I'm leaning towards Friday and Saturday. Now I see that is Choc weekend. How much does that impact the crowds?

We've ended up arravingthe Sunday of the CHOC walk twice. Because the walk goes through the parks, this tends to make the Sunday quite busy but I don't think the prior days will be affected that much.

I was there on CHOC Walk Sunday once. The parks opened late (both at 10AM) and I have never seen such a confused mess at the DLR entrance before. Once inside the parks things were fine though. To be frank, I would personally go to great lengths to avoid being there for a CHOC Walk day.

I was there on CHOC Walk Sunday once. The parks opened late (both at 10AM) and I have never seen such a confused mess at the DLR entrance before. Once inside the parks things were fine though. To be frank, I would personally go to great lengths to avoid being there for a CHOC Walk day.

The walk is on Sunday and I was thinking Friday and Saturday. I booked that weekend because hotels were still a good value compares to October. I was hoping that was indicative that it wasn't a popular weekend. The choc walk is for a local hospital, right? Do you think it will impact the Saturday too much? Or mostly just annoying on Sunday? We would be driving home Sunday. If I opt for 3 days it would be Thurs through Saturday. It seems that Saturdays have been nice the last few summers as crowd patterns have changes.

The walk is on Sunday and I was thinking Friday and Saturday. I booked that weekend because hotels were still a good value compares to October. I was hoping that was indicative that it wasn't a popular weekend. The choc walk is for a local hospital, right? Do you think it will impact the Saturday too much? Or mostly just annoying on Sunday? We would be driving home Sunday. If I opt for 3 days it would be Thurs through Saturday. It seems that Saturdays have been nice the last few summers as crowd patterns have changes.
I don't think it will impact Saturday. The issue I think was not CHOC walk itself, but a late opening 10AM on a Sunday.

Yes I believe CHOC is Children's Hospital Orange County.

I didn't even think about it being HM's 50th. Last summer we went too late in August and it was already down for the overlay. It's my favorite ride and I am so excited I will be there for this. Makes missing it last year worth it! :flower1:

Does this mean we should not expect to ride HM during our first trip to Disneyland - Aug 25 thru Sept 1? :sad:

Does this mean we should not expect to ride HM during our first trip to Disneyland - Aug 25 thru Sept 1? :sad:
Yes, unfortunately. :sad1:

ETA, it will almost certainly be running on Sunday the 25th. Will you be in the park that day? If so, be sure to ride it early in the day! And then multiple times that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter