August 2017 Disneyland Check-In & Chat!

Yes, but they do not take reservations at dinner time.

Yes, Rainforest Cafe does take reservations for dinner. You just have to call the restaurant directly. We were able to make 7pm reservations for 4 people on our arrival night.

Hi all! Not sure why I didn't see this thread before!? We will be there August 6-13th. Staying at VGC with dh and 2 DD (20 and 15)! Though we have had this trip booked for months, it now seems to have snuck up on me. We are DVC members and visit WDW often, however, this will be only our third trip to DL. Trying to research now the best transportation to/from airport (LAX). Previously used private services so we weren't stuck with multiple drop offs, etc. We have 5 day park hoppers. Would like to explore area more but dh HATES driving! Last time we visited Huntington Beach with rental car and enjoyed it. He is saying no way. Also really "need" a visit to In and Out! Perhaps sign up for Uber? Maybe a tour bus excursion elsewhere? Thanks for any info. Always enjoy the smartness of other Disers!

Welcome! I'll add you up once I get home :) I feel like my trip totally snuck up on me too! I just started my summer job and suddenly realized that I had to start making my packing lists to figure out if there's anything I need to rebuy after my Florida trip this spring and I'm just shocked it came on so fast!

I just checked park hours and saw that for the week I'll be there (starting the 14th), hours are 9am-11pm. Is that normal for mid-August? I'm a little disappointed to lose that hour in the morning.

I get where you are coming from, endoux. I was a little surprised to see DCA's hours in early August a little bit all over the place, and WOC going to one show a night. Maybe that is partly influenced by Fantasmic coming back? I didn't think summer hours were really over until a little later in August. I've never been in August, so this is a little new to see such a variety of hours!

We are 34 Days out! Made Dining reservations for Rainforest Cafe (Arrival night), Blue Bayou Lunch, Tortilla Jo's for last day and one character meal I was able to talk DS 13 into at Paradise Pier for Breakfast. So excited that it is getting closer!

I get where you are coming from, endoux. I was a little surprised to see DCA's hours in early August a little bit all over the place, and WOC going to one show a night. Maybe that is partly influenced by Fantasmic coming back? I didn't think summer hours were really over until a little later in August. I've never been in August, so this is a little new to see such a variety of hours!

We've never been in August either. Just June and January. I was also thinking it would still be summer hours. It's definitely better than January's hours, and I guess I can try to look at the positive, and think about an extra hour of sleep. We were most likely never going to be able to stay until midnight, so the 11pm closing time doesn't bother me. I just wanted all the time in the morning before big crowds come that I can get.

We've never been in August either. Just June and January. I was also thinking it would still be summer hours. It's definitely better than January's hours, and I guess I can try to look at the positive, and think about an extra hour of sleep. We were most likely never going to be able to stay until midnight, so the 11pm closing time doesn't bother me. I just wanted all the time in the morning before big crowds come that I can get.
Hopefully it's because they are expecting lighter crowds, so that extra hour won't be critical, and you will start the day well rested!!

I just checked park hours and saw that for the week I'll be there (starting the 14th), hours are 9am-11pm. Is that normal for mid-August? I'm a little disappointed to lose that hour in the morning.

I like @Butterfly123's answer, but always keep looking - Disney tends to play with their hours so it may change in the next couple of weeks!

F! dining packages were released this morning....
got one for RBT and trying to get one for HB but the system keeps crashing!!!!

Yes! I'm excited! I got two reservations for RBT (8/4 and 8/6). BUT - I have been trying unsuccessfully to change the 8/6 RBT to the HB option. Can't do it online or get through on the phone. That being said, I saw on the "FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here" thread that some people have suggested the HB on the go option will just get you a regular FP for Fantasmic!

I went online this morning and booked the RBT Fantasmic package for the time and date that I wanted. I want to see reports on what the dining viewing area is like, to know for sure if it's worth it, but I am still excited!

I got a BB pkg booked for my dates late last night but I'm hoping to call in and get a Premium Seating pkg at RBT. The line has been ringing busy for 20 minutes though so maybe I should just be happy with my pkg!!
ETA there is apparently a Premium BB pkg as well that also includes MSEP and a Premium drink! That might be a good option too.

i think I am going to hold onto my RBT reservation and wait to see how people review the worth of the meal/viewing options for all three locations!

This is what I'm thinking of doing too! I actually panicked for a moment thinking that I had deleted my RBT reservation when I was looking at the dining packages and panicked.

i think I am going to hold onto my RBT reservation and wait to see how people review the worth of the meal/viewing options for all three locations!
I'm doing the same...also, I'm holding on to my RBT reservation at least until menus are available...we need 2 meals without meat/seafood/egg/dairy & I KNOW Blue Bayou usually has that available in the dining packages, but I'm not sure what River Belle will offer. If they don't have any vegan meal options on the package menu, I'll call and find out what would be available for us & make my cancellation decision at that time. For now, I at least have a RBT Fantasmic! Package booked on my birthday, and while I'd rather have BB, I'm happy with anything at this point.

~Meg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter