August 2012 Car Rental Thread

August 9-18 for Alamo...still at over $500 for fullsize car despite Visa code and $30 coupon :(

We may rough it without a car and just rely on Disney transportation if rates don't come down. I'm not paying that much just for the convenience of having my own transportation.

Rates will come down.
My full-size was at 300 last week for our 9 day stay and it's back up to 460 this weekend.
Not paying either of those rates so I"ll continue to wait. It will start to move soon. I watched for months and months before our May trip and every time people got to around anywhere from 8 to 6 weeks out the prices started to fall.

I just knocked $40 off my rental.

Previously I had an Alamo reservation from 8/4 to 8/7 picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin for $202. This was using the VISA code and coupon ($15 off).

Today through National I got the same time period, pick-up, drop-off for $162 using the AA code (5036929) and National coupon for one free weekend day (NF5817ZDT).

Alamo rates are starting to drop a little bit this afternoon...saw what I want to book (9 days-full size) drop from just over $500 to about $400.

Time to make a pot of coffee and start watching the rates :surfweb:

Alamo rates are starting to drop a little bit this afternoon...saw what I want to book (9 days-full size) drop from just over $500 to about $400.

Time to make a pot of coffee and start watching the rates :surfweb:

saw mine drop to 380 from 490. Agreed time to searching a few times a day

Just found this on the July thread

Anyone having luck getting some good price drops? I found that Alamo had dropped since I last checked. I found $304 for a standard for July 22 through August 2 at SFB using the 299851 Vroom code and AU4234FDA (double upgrade). Hope this helps!

I'm still hoping for lower, but am going to be somewhat satisfied with this.

Vroom seems to go with the AU website Vroom Vroom (a car rental hub) and seems like it works in the US. Using any other $35 off coupon (I used amex AD2359FDF) I can get a compact down to 201 including taxes. 3rd week of August.
Rates aren't as good on larger vehicles.

August 9-18 for Alamo...still at over $500 for fullsize car despite Visa code and $30 coupon :(

We may rough it without a car and just rely on Disney transportation if rates don't come down. I'm not paying that much just for the convenience of having my own transportation.

With Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total inc taxes for a standard is $376. Note there are no standard size cars at Orlando with Alamo and you will pick from a full size.

Just found this on the July thread

Vroom seems to go with the AU website Vroom Vroom (a car rental hub) and seems like it works in the US. Using any other $35 off coupon (I used amex AD2359FDF) I can get a compact down to 201 including taxes. 3rd week of August.
Rates aren't as good on larger vehicles.

Thanks for posting this!

I just got a compact from 8/4 to 8/11, picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin for $176. We're not leaving until 8/14, but having the extra days added another $50 on, so we'll just take ME back to the airport. I really only need the car for the first three days of our trip for US/IOA, but it was only an extra $20 to keep it for the week. Now we can go off site for restaurants!

I always get a super low rate with Alamo each December for my yearly work conference. Last December I paid $47 for a week for a compact. That's not a typo, $47 was the total for the entire week!

We are staying at the Beach Club in August so we don't have to use a car, though I kind of prefer it to get back and forth from the MK and water parks.

If they don't go down significantly then we will just stick it out with Magical Express and the buses.

J

I had a 10 day rate with Alamo in April for $114 for a mid-side. Best I've been able to do for a 10 day trip Aug 24 - Sept 3 is $220. That's using the AMX rate through Advantage.

What is the amx rate

I always get a super low rate with Alamo each December for my yearly work conference. Last December I paid $47 for a week for a compact. That's not a typo, $47 was the total for the entire week!

We found the same thing. For our New Years trip (Dec 31 - Jan 7 this year) about 10 days out from our departure date, we were able to snag an Alamo "compact" for $68 all taxes and fees included. When we went to pick up the car, we got a Chevy HHR (which I think is a midsize) :thumbsup2.

For that trip, our original rental booking was well over $300. So there is hope!

We found the same thing. For our New Years trip (Dec 31 - Jan 7 this year) about 10 days out from our departure date, we were able to snag an Alamo "compact" for $68 all taxes and fees included. When we went to pick up the car, we got a Chevy HHR (which I think is a midsize) :thumbsup2.

For that trip, our original rental booking was well over $300. So there is hope!

There were a ton of different cars in the aisle they sent me to, including a couple of mini-vans. I was solo on a work trip so I didn't need something big but I was pretty surprised at the selections available. I ended up choosing a Jetta because it was brand new.

J

I am really hoping and praying for something better to come along. Rates are so scary high right now BUT magical express is not an option and there will be 7 of us! So we have to have a minivan. With corp code V05013 and promo code 463 I got a minivan for $295.00 weekly rate with dollar which sounds wonderful till you get thru the fees and the grand total is $686.36 :scared1:

I am sooo hoping I can find something better :littleangel: but I thought I should hold on to this one incase they remain this high!!

I plugged in every single code on mousesavers.com.

I am really hoping and praying for something better to come along. Rates are so scary high right now BUT magical express is not an option and there will be 7 of us! So we have to have a minivan. With corp code V05013 and promo code 463 I got a minivan for $295.00 weekly rate with dollar which sounds wonderful till you get thru the fees and the grand total is $686.36 :scared1:

I am sooo hoping I can find something better :littleangel: but I thought I should hold on to this one incase they remain this high!!

Did you try the travelocity minivan code I posted earlier in the thread? It's not on mousesavers nor on retailmenot

It's for Budget

Also found this code / coupon combo for Alamo... You need a Visa card though, which is a bummer for me as its my best price so far on my dates :(

Contract ID#: 7015504 and Coupon Code: AD2338FDF

I think I saw another post where your dates are Aug 10 -21st? With Budget using travelocity code BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total is $498 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return minivan.

Try this one xvc1093 for National. It's the Car and Driver code/contract ID.

THANK YOU Carina:love:!! I applied both codes the travelocity from retail me not X474200 and the coupon code MUWZ023
and got it down to 405. total with Budget!!!:thumbsup2 Still higher than last year but MUCH better than the $686.36 I had with dollar:scared1:
Thanks again and keep those codes coming! I am planing to do priceline 3 days before and go really low!
Sending prayers :littleangel: and pixie dust to those still needing low rates!pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter