August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Rates have gone down a bit on Alamo (still not better than the rate I already have) but check your rates cause they have gone down a bit.

Check the rates at National....looked like some good rates on vans! No code necessary, but check out the city specials.

Just want to let you all know that I've used the TIND1 code and it's variations for 2 years at multiple airports and I've never had a problem. In fact, in Nashville, the Alamo attendant congratulated me on getting such a great deal!
We decided today to take a last minute (well, almost, we leave Friday) WDW/UNI trip and I have again booked with the "T" code.

I leave Saturday and my Dollar City Special rate is still the best ($222 all inclusive for 11 days).

I've tried a couple of Priceline bids which haven't been accepted.

Since I paid $200 for a week in 2007, I guess $222 for 11 days in 2012 isn't bad!

I leave Saturday and my Dollar City Special rate is still the best ($222 all inclusive for 11 days).

I've tried a couple of Priceline bids which haven't been accepted.

Since I paid $200 for a week in 2007, I guess $222 for 11 days in 2012 isn't bad!

I am around 190 for 11 days with Alamo for a standard car. I don't think I will see much better than that before we go. It just doesn't seem to be dropping this time. I got this rate a month ago.
I have to admit, I am surprised at how high the rates have stayed, especially for minivans. I was sure they would come down.

pigletto said:
I am around 190 for 11 days with Alamo for a standard car. I don't think I will see much better than that before we go. It just doesn't seem to be dropping this time. I got this rate a month ago.
I have to admit, I am surprised at how high the rates have stayed, especially for minivans. I was sure they would come down.

I have to agree about the minivans... We were looking for a minivan as we travel with another family of three to Disneyland and San Diego later this month. They've been in the $500-$600 range for a week long rental! Even with splitting it that's way more than we wanted to spend. Instead we went with two compact cars for $112/car through Thrifty and we will just follow one another!

On Alamo this morning the TIND1 rate is a higher base rate than the insiders rate, however, there are no taxes and fees (similar to the KLM rates). So bottom line you come out a tad bit lower.

Still not as good as 2 weeks ago though.

Even with TIND1, Alamo rates are still higher than a few weeks ago. I booked standard for 8/25~9/3 for $165 two weeks ago and right now it's $235. I was hoping to rent for around $100 since I only paid $67 for 7 days last year. Hopefully, rates drop sometime soon.

Even with TIND1, Alamo rates are still higher than a few weeks ago. I booked standard for 8/25~9/3 for $165 two weeks ago and right now it's $235. I was hoping to rent for around $100 since I only paid $67 for 7 days last year. Hopefully, rates drop sometime soon.

Try it with coupon AD2359FDF which is an entertainment code.

Anyone traveling mid-August hurry and check the Dollar rates - especially the City Specials (no code)

Just came up with $99.96/wk ($14.27/extra day) for 8/15 early am - 8/22 evening for FULL size at ORL

Midsize was $91.55/wk at ORL

We actually fly into Tampa, and our rates were even cheaper!! Just cancelled our suv that I booked a couple of weeks ago (and that was a great rate back then, much lower than the suv rates now) - but, I'll gladly pocket the $200 savings and go for the full size!! :dance3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube
It's TIND1 and it goes it the corporate ID spot.
Thank you for the info- I Just tried it but the rate goes up by $200 so I'll just keep trying it every day

Lowers the price nicely,to less than the base rate, (pick-up and drop at Dolphin) and seems to include almost every option under the sun -- except an extra driver.
But it's still more than my Dollar City Special. Thankies anyhow :)

You're welcome.
If I can get a lower rate with Dollar, I'll go for it! Do you have a code or coupon? The city discount didn't give me a good rate for my dates.

Has anyone else tried the Budget code X474200? I found this code on the July rental thread but it brought my minivan down to $295 all in for 6 days.

I got a great deal through Enterprise. I just went on the website today with no codes and got a 15 passenger van for 418 after tax!!!

We are a party of 11 going to the vacation club for the first time. Sometimes the codes are higher. Doesn't hurt to check it out :)

I got a great deal through Enterprise. I just went on the website today with no codes and got a 15 passenger van for 418 after tax!!!

We are a party of 11 going to the vacation club for the first time. Sometimes the codes are higher. Doesn't hurt to check it out :)

Thanks...My minivan rental is $280 ($15 less) with no codes through Enterprise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter