August 2009 - (My First Pre-Trip Report) - Updated; 10/7/09

charchaos

Earning My Ears
So, i'm finally going back to my favourite place in the whole world; Orlando.
I went with my mum and dad (introductions later) back in August 2005 and I had the most fantastic holiday of my life. We stayed in Orlando for a week. We did The Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios & Seaworld and of course did a bit of shopping:).

Luckily, both my parents used to be travel agents for many years so they have ALOT of experience with travel.
I've been looking at websites and forums (mainly on here) for the past 2 weeks and i've started making little plans about where to visit in my head and it's time to share my plans with fellow Orlando lovers! My mum and dad love the parks but they're not particularly fussy about which ones they visit......I am though ;).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who?
My Mum - Cheryl - 51
My Dad - Des - 53
Me - Charlotte - 17

Our favourite park is Universal Studios.
The biggest Orlando lover would be me:lovestruc.

When?
Hoping to fly from Bristol Airport.
Travel date: 9th August 2009

Where?
Parks/places to visit:
- Universal Studios
- Islands Of Adventure
- The Animal Kingdom
- The Magic Kingdom (maybe - dad is keen on doing this park again :()
- Downtown Disney
- City Walk (Hard Rock Cafe = :love:)

Rides I most want to go on:
- Dinosaur
- The Simpsons
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
- Kali River Rapids
- Ripsaw Falls
- Splash Mountain

Nothing is booked yet. Flights in August are quite pricey at the moment.
We will probably be staying on International Drive again which I love:cloud9:.

Our original plan was to go to Orlando for 5 days and then Anna Maria Island for a 9 days but because we our now planning to go in August this might not be affordable and it might end up being Orlando for either a week or 10 days.
I'm not too fussed but I know mum and dad would like to have a relaxing week at the beach. I prefer Orlando they prefer the beach so we're trying to get something for all of us to enjoy.

10th July 2009
We've been non-stop looking for cheap(er) flights. It's so expensive. :(
There is a TINY possability we might go in September instead as I found out I don't start college again until 14th September.
Also gonna try and pursuade dad to go back to Magic Kingdom again;)

Hi Charlotte - and welcome.
It sounds like you will be doing your best to inject your own ideas into the holiday planning. On the subject of the hotel - have you considered looking into a villa - there probably wouldn't be that much difference in price and you get a lot more room and privacy. Just a thought.
As you will probably have a hire car (I am assuming so anyway due to you going to the beach for the 2nd week) it might be an idea for you to try and fit an evening in at Old Town. I say this as you mentioned your Dad is into the scary type rides and there are 2 of the scariest ones I have been on EVER right there. These are Slingshot and Skycoaster - and there is a link to a short video of each on our website Here Just follow the link to the video clips.
Old Town is on the 192 at the end of International Drive - so if you do stay in a hotel on I-Drive its pretty close.
As for your question about the Fast Pass. If you are talking about the one for Universal then it depends on how busy the parks are and whether you are prepared to pay the extra. The price changes depending on the time of year - the busier it normally is the more expensive the pass. If you are talking about Disney Fast Pass then these are avilable at selected rides in each of the parks and are issued on a first come first served basis. Fast Passes for the newer and more popular rides - such as Toy Story Mania - always go quickly so it would be an idea when at Hollywood studios to make a bee-line, along with everybody else in the park, to get one for later on in the day.
Happy planning - no doubt we will be seeing you around :thumbsup2

hi there :)

Great start to your trip ! As far as fastpass are concerned then yes use them..it saves valuable time in the Q and you can ride something else whilst waiting for your fastpass time to come around

Hello

Great start to you pre-trip report. Fastpasses imo are definately worth it, if like me you hate q's.

I love going to the Florida Mall - lots of shops and you can browse in air conditioned bliss.

My family and I are big Walmart fans too, it's really sad to admit it but it is usually the first place we go to when we arrive. :rotfl:

Hope you have a great trip. :thumbsup2

Hi Charlotte, your plans sound great :thumbsup2 We're big fans of the Hard Rock Cafe too ::yes::

Fastpasses - yes definitely get them
AK character dining - we have done the character breakfast at Tusker House, and we really enjoyed it. It's a buffet with Mickey and pals
Malls - Our faves are Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia
Wal-Mart - we go to Wal-Mart on the first evening to get all our supplies - Lays Chips, Mountain Dew, water, Oreo's etc.

Thank you so much everyone!:)

Fastpasses will deffo be needed then. Told mum about them, she seems quite keen.

Florida Mall. Gonna go there. Went to Festival Bay (or whatever it's called) last time and it wasn't very good. Want to go somewhere much better. this time.

Wal-Mart!!:rotfl: I will try and pursuade my parents. (They think i'm crazy for wanting to go there. "It's just like Asda you know":laughing:) I just need to stock up on snacks!!;)

OH....where is Wal-mart in Orlando? :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter