August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Hiya,

As DisneyFamilyUK (my DF) said I'm looking for any girls at around my age (14 at sailing) so there's someone sailing that we know! Hope to meet someone soon so we can start talking straight away! Would be amazing luck to find someone doing a B2B too!

Can't wait for the cruise(s)!

UltimateDisneyFan :cool1:

Hi everyone,

also if you know anyone who is on the cruise following this who is around my age, feel free to pass on my name as we will be on that one too!

Hi everyone - Thanks for starting this board! I actually booked our cruise in the fall as soon as the itineraries opened up, but I wasn't quite sure how to start a cruise meet link - I've been waiting for someone else to do it! This is our third Disney cruise. We went on the Dream in August 2011 and had a great time, so I decided to book while we were on board. One of my favorite memories of being on the Dream is when my children and I skipped the formal dinner and just hung out by the pool. My son and I went on the aquaduck several times with no line - it was a great time!

I'll be traveling with my son (age 13 at time of cruise) and daughter (age 11 at time of cruise). We're really looking forward to it and looking forward to some new ports of call.

I'm trying not to think about this trip too much yet, since it's so far away. I probably won't start thinking about it until we get past summer 2012. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 18 months!

Andrea

Hi,

what a coincidence - we were on a cruise in August 2011 too! had a great time. We had a B2B then so we had a transition day where there was no line for the aquaduck! Isn't it great!

Hi,

what a coincidence - we were on a cruise in August 2011 too! had a great time. We had a B2B then so we had a transition day where there was no line for the aquaduck! Isn't it great!

Yes, I loved the aquaduck! We were on the 4 night starting August 12, 2011. Had a great time and I'm looking forward to a 7 night now. Did your family do the fish extender exchange? It was the first time we had done that - it was fun getting back to the room and seeing the surprises.

Yes, I loved the aquaduck! We were on the 4 night starting August 12, 2011. Had a great time and I'm looking forward to a 7 night now. Did your family do the fish extender exchange? It was the first time we had done that - it was fun getting back to the room and seeing the surprises.

We were on the same cruise!! My family and I were on that one and the 5 day cruise just before.
I cant wait for a 7 night too, it'll be nice to stay on the ship a bit longer. Unfortunately we didn't take part in the fish extender exchange (truth be told I just had to look up what that was!) but it sounds like a lot of fun so over the next few weeks I shall try to pursuade my DF to let us join. How many cruises have you been on? This is our 7th/8th.

Hello to the new families!

Did you all see this?

The new ship looks beautiful.

Hi,

I've just seen the pictures on this link and I think it's safe to say that the ship is going to live up to it's high expectations! It looks amazing and i'm now even more excitied about the cruise! It looks just as good as the dream, if not better!

Ps i'm afraid I had to remove the link as I don't have 10 posts. Yet... :thumbsup2

We were on the same cruise!! My family and I were on that one and the 5 day cruise just before.
I cant wait for a 7 night too, it'll be nice to stay on the ship a bit longer. Unfortunately we didn't take part in the fish extender exchange (truth be told I just had to look up what that was!) but it sounds like a lot of fun so over the next few weeks I shall try to pursuade my DF to let us join. How many cruises have you been on? This is our 7th/8th.

This will be our 3rd cruise. Our third cruise and third boat - we've been on the Wonder and the Dream. I guess we should try to go on the Magic eventually! Did you do any of the extra activities at Castaway Cay? We tried parasailing - wow - scary but fun.

The fish extender exchange was a lot of fun, although I had to pack an extra suitcase. But you shouldn't have to do that! You can bring something small to exchange too, which is what I'd do next time. One person gave out a little magnet from their hometown - it was perfect and easy to take home. Here are some links talking about them, but maybe you already found these.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33184281#post33184281

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Hi Everyone

We just booked last night and will be joining this cruise. Cruisers are myself (Matthew), my wife (Hanneke), our Daughter Arwen (8 on cruise date) and my mother Joyce.

This will be our fourth Disney cruise. Cant wait to meet all of you!

Cheers
Matthew
PS> Hows that for strange - I just realized that there are 3 of us posting from northern Virginia. We live in Fairfax!

Welcome! That is awesome that we have more NOVA folks. I guess we are all getting the trip in before school starts. :)

Also, I have a niece named Arwen. I never thought I'd find another child with that name. :) Her older sister is Miri. She is named after an original Star Trek episode.

Hi,

I've just seen the pictures on this link and I think it's safe to say that the ship is going to live up to it's high expectations! It looks amazing and i'm now even more excitied about the cruise! It looks just as good as the dream, if not better!

Ps i'm afraid I had to remove the link as I don't have 10 posts. Yet... :thumbsup2

It does look nice! This will be our 6th cruise, all on the Disney Magic, so being on another ship will be interesting enough!

"This will be our 3rd cruise. Our third cruise and third boat - we've been on the Wonder and the Dream. I guess we should try to go on the Magic eventually! Did you do any of the extra activities at Castaway Cay? We tried parasailing - wow - scary but fun.

The fish extender exchange was a lot of fun, although I had to pack an extra suitcase. But you shouldn't have to do that! You can bring something small to exchange too, which is what I'd do next time. One person gave out a little magnet from their hometown - it was perfect and easy to take home. Here are some links talking about them, but maybe you already found these.

Andrea"

We've been on the Magic 3 times, the Dream twice (B2B) and the Wonder once so we've just got one more to go! I've been asking for ages to do the stingray experience and last years cruise we did! It was so much fun! I'd love to try something else, parasailing sounds great but I doubt my parents would want a go and I'd probably be to young to do it alone - thats why the stingray one was perfect because it isn't extremely active.

Knowing my family we'd have an extra suitcase to! It sounds super fun and could be a great way to meet people! We might try it this time, if i can persuade my family.

What cruises were they? The only one I clearly remember that we did was a Panama Canal. I think it was about 3 years ago...

Which type of ship do you prefer? The older ones (Wonder and Magic) or the new ones? (Fantasy and Dream) I think I'd have to say the new ones - then again that may be because that's the one I've been on most recently.

UltimateDisneyFan aka Sarah :cool1:

Ps I'm sorry but I had to delete the links because I don't have 10 posts.
Yet... :thumbsup2

It does look nice! This will be our 6th cruise, all on the Disney Magic, so being on another ship will be interesting enough!

After having done so many cruises on the old ships, going onto the new one is so different! It took me ages to try and find my way around because so many things have changed. (and I'm not the best and navigation!) Looks amazing though, if you thought the magic looked good this looks amazing!

Have you ever tried any of the extra activities on Castaway Cay? Last cruise we did the stingray adventure. Not too active but still loads of fun seeing the stingrays up close and getting to feed them!

After having done so many cruises on the old ships, going onto the new one is so different! It took me ages to try and find my way around because so many things have changed. (and I'm not the best and navigation!) Looks amazing though, if you thought the magic looked good this looks amazing!

Have you ever tried any of the extra activities on Castaway Cay? Last cruise we did the stingray adventure. Not too active but still loads of fun seeing the stingrays up close and getting to feed them!

My husband did the parasailing on our last cruise. This time me and my daughter want to try it. That, and swimming with Dolphins at one of the other ports.

We've been on the Magic 3 times, the Dream twice (B2B) and the Wonder once so we've just got one more to go! I've been asking for ages to do the stingray experience and last years cruise we did! It was so much fun! I'd love to try something else, parasailing sounds great but I doubt my parents would want a go and I'd probably be to young to do it alone - thats why the stingray one was perfect because it isn't extremely active.

Knowing my family we'd have an extra suitcase to! It sounds super fun and could be a great way to meet people! We might try it this time, if i can persuade my family.

What cruises were they? The only one I clearly remember that we did was a Panama Canal. I think it was about 3 years ago...

Which type of ship do you prefer? The older ones (Wonder and Magic) or the new ones? (Fantasy and Dream) I think I'd have to say the new ones - then again that may be because that's the one I've been on most recently.

UltimateDisneyFan aka Sarah :cool1:

Ps I'm sorry but I had to delete the links because I don't have 10 posts.
Yet... :thumbsup2

So I had to check on that parasailing for you. My son and daughter did it last year too and they were 9 and 11 at the time. Looks like if you're between 8 and 13, you can go, but have to have an adult with you, but 14 and over you can go by yourself. It's probably more fun to go with someone though, but if you can go, it was an amazing experience and seemed really safe.

We've been to the Caribbean on both of our cruises, and both went to Castaway Cay and Nassau, so I'm really looking forward to seeing some different ports of call. But I really like going to the Caribbean - we have family there and have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean, although we don't go as often lately.

I think I like the newer ships better in some ways and the older ships better for other things. I liked a couple of the restaurants on the Wonder best, but the Dream is beautiful, and it's got the aquaduck. I really like the Rainforest room on the Dream too - at least I think that's what it's called. That was pretty cool and worth a visit.

So I had to check on that parasailing for you. My son and daughter did it last year too and they were 9 and 11 at the time. Looks like if you're between 8 and 13, you can go, but have to have an adult with you, but 14 and over you can go by yourself. It's probably more fun to go with someone though, but if you can go, it was an amazing experience and seemed really safe.

We've been to the Caribbean on both of our cruises, and both went to Castaway Cay and Nassau, so I'm really looking forward to seeing some different ports of call. But I really like going to the Caribbean - we have family there and have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean, although we don't go as often lately.

I think I like the newer ships better in some ways and the older ships better for other things. I liked a couple of the restaurants on the Wonder best, but the Dream is beautiful, and it's got the aquaduck. I really like the Rainforest room on the Dream too - at least I think that's what it's called. That was pretty cool and worth a visit.

As far as I can remember, we've been to the Caribbean twice and both times loved it! Like I said, the only one I can clearly remember is the Panama Canal cruise. The day we went through the locks was amazing, seeing it up close!

Technically I'm 13 on the first cruise (this one) and 13 at the beginning of the second (23rd August) and I turn 14 on the second cruise! So I'd only be allowed to do it alone on the second one. Do you think you're going to be doing anything at Castaway Cay this time? I'm going to try and do parasailing but it looks really scary!

I think I'd have to agree with you about how I like them both. In my opinion the old ones are more classic than the new ones, like the disney yellow slide and the mickey pool being sectioned (on the old ones I was younger and so I didn't really notice anything apart from the pools and kids clubs), but the new ones have amazing features such as the interactive picture frames (hours of fun!!) and shutters being in bookcases and you swipe your card to get your pictures location. (One of the first things I noticed!)

On the ship when would you say the best time to be at the pool / aquaduck is? Apart from the transition day, whenever I go there's always a crowd!

Sarah :cool1:

Ps I've just realised that you don't know where I'm from. I'm from London which is why I'm probably posting at weird times! :thumbsup2

As far as I can remember, we've been to the Caribbean twice and both times loved it! Like I said, the only one I can clearly remember is the Panama Canal cruise. The day we went through the locks was amazing, seeing it up close!

Technically I'm 13 on the first cruise (this one) and 13 at the beginning of the second (23rd August) and I turn 14 on the 26th! So I'd only be allowed to do it alone on the second one. Do you think you're going to be doing anything at Castaway Cay this time? I'm going to try and do parasailing but it looks really scary!

I think I'd have to agree with you about how I like them both. In my opinion the old ones are more classic than the new ones, like the disney yellow slide and the mickey pool being sectioned (on the old ones I was younger and so I didn't really notice anything apart from the pools and kids clubs), but the new ones have amazing features such as the interactive picture frames (hours of fun!!) and shutters being in bookcases and you swipe your card to get your pictures location. (One of the first things I noticed!)

On the ship when would you say the best time to be at the pool / aquaduck is? Apart from the transition day, whenever I go there's always a crowd!

Ps I've just realised that you don't know where I'm from. I'm from London which is why I'm probably posting at weird times! :thumbsup2

I'd love to see the panama canal. We're going to costa rica this summer, which will be our first trip to central america!

My son really wants to go parasailing again, but I'd like to try kayaking. And we spent so much time doing things on castaway cay that we didn't get to just relax and hang out much, so I'd like to do that too. We never even got to the water slide in the middle of the bay!

Yes, I thought the interactive pictures were great! I'm hoping they're different on the Fantasy, although by the time we go, it'll have been 2 years since we were on the Dream, so maybe we'll have forgotten them and be surprised all over again.

I thought the best time to go on the aquaduck was during dinner time. We skipped out on one of the formal dinners and just got hot dogs and hamburgers on deck. We were able to go on the aquaduck several times with hardly any line. It was such a nice night. Had the pool mostly to ourselves too.

My mother's from London too. She grew up in Dagenham, although she immigrated to the states in the 1950s. But the rest of her family stayed in England, although they're scattered now. We're closest to my uncle, who moved to Wales, just outside of Cardiff.

I'd love to see the panama canal. We're going to costa rica this summer, which will be our first trip to central america!

My son really wants to go parasailing again, but I'd like to try kayaking. And we spent so much time doing things on castaway cay that we didn't get to just relax and hang out much, so I'd like to do that too. We never even got to the water slide in the middle of the bay!

Yes, I thought the interactive pictures were great! I'm hoping they're different on the Fantasy, although by the time we go, it'll have been 2 years since we were on the Dream, so maybe we'll have forgotten them and be surprised all over again.

I thought the best time to go on the aquaduck was during dinner time. We skipped out on one of the formal dinners and just got hot dogs and hamburgers on deck. We were able to go on the aquaduck several times with hardly any line. It was such a nice night. Had the pool mostly to ourselves too.

My mother's from London too. She grew up in Dagenham, although she immigrated to the states in the 1950s. But the rest of her family stayed in England, although they're scattered now. We're closest to my uncle, who moved to Wales, just outside of Cardiff.

Sorry it's been a few days - been really busy!

I can't wait to try the tip about dinner. Burgers is fine by us, well me!

I was looking at kayaking too but i think parasailing looks equally fun! Decisions, decisions... All we usually ever do on Castaway Cay is, well, nothing! I'm too scared to go on the water slide! I don't like the idea of my head going under sea water - makes my eyes sting, any pool I'm fine under.

I loved the pictures and I can't wait to see what other thing they have! Iv'e been trying to find any videos about the new ship or any of the features but don't have any luck. Have you seen any good ones? The best ones we have of the old ships is the DVDs so we're waiting for ours to come in the post!

I'd love to move to America. I was discussing what I'd like to be when I'm older with my Dad a few days ago (interior designer) and how I'd love to work with Disney too! Hopefully if I do get a dream job with Disney as a designer then moving to America seems only reasonable (and exciting) but a my Dad would say, "let's just see what happens!"

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I will be at Walt Disney World over the next four days with two girlfriends to run the Princess 1/2 Marathon (my first EVER race!) so assuming I survive, I will be back on Tuesday, and update the list then!

Have a good weekend!

Add us to your list:
Me, DH, DS 13 and DD 12

We were on the Dream August 2011 and loved it. We miss the Dream; I am sure we will love the Fantasy too.

Sorry it's been a few days - been really busy!

I can't wait to try the tip about dinner. Burgers is fine by us, well me!

I was looking at kayaking too but i think parasailing looks equally fun! Decisions, decisions... All we usually ever do on Castaway Cay is, well, nothing! I'm too scared to go on the water slide! I don't like the idea of my head going under sea water - makes my eyes sting, any pool I'm fine under.

I loved the pictures and I can't wait to see what other thing they have! Iv'e been trying to find any videos about the new ship or any of the features but don't have any luck. Have you seen any good ones? The best ones we have of the old ships is the DVDs so we're waiting for ours to come in the post!

I'd love to move to America. I was discussing what I'd like to be when I'm older with my Dad a few days ago (interior designer) and how I'd love to work with Disney too! Hopefully if I do get a dream job with Disney as a designer then moving to America seems only reasonable (and exciting) but a my Dad would say, "let's just see what happens!"

Yes, I really liked the restaurants on the Dream, but sometimes at the end of the day, I just didn't want to get dressed and sit down for a big dinner. Burgers by the pool was great. And I really like amusement parks and roller coasters, so getting to go on the aquaduck with no line was worth skipping a big dinner!

There's no question parasailing is more exciting! But now we'll also be stopping at some ports that have ziplining, and I'm thinking about that. If we do that, I may be ready to not do much of anything by the time we get to Castaway Cay.

There isn't too much posted about the Fantasy yet, but have you seen this link to their video journal? They're posting new video as they cross the Atlantic to get ready for their first trip. It looks very similar to the Dream, which is fine!

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/

So many choices of what to do - I'm an environmental engineer, and did you know Disney also works hard at keeping up with environmental issues? I'm fairly certain they're the first entertainment company to use a new kind of fireworks that are less toxic - that's my geeky science fact for the day. :mic:

Add us to your list:
Me, DH, DS 13 and DD 12

We were on the Dream August 2011 and loved it. We miss the Dream; I am sure we will love the Fantasy too.

Welcome! When did you go on the Dream? We have two families on the this board that were on the August 12 sailing.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter