August 10, 2013 Magic 7 Day Med!!

We booked Can't be Missed Tours for two ports based on Rick Steve's guides. They were so nice and easy to book, we wish they were available for tours from La Spezia.

We booked Can't be Missed Tours for two ports based on Rick Steve's guides. They were so nice and easy to book, we wish they were available for tours from La Spezia.

Are you also getting tickets for the Colosseum and the Vatican/Sistine Chapel? Ruins of Pompeii?

Actually, I'm set to book, just waiting to hear from my inlaws.

Just looked at their website and Aug. 14 and 15 are not available. Sent them an email -- hope we can work it out!

All set for the Can't Be Missed Tours!

Aug. 14 - Rome with Vatican
Aug. 15 - Naples -> Pompeii -> Amalfi Coast

Can't Be Missed Tours is on Facebook -- today they posted a lot of photos of the Naples -> Pompeii -> Amalfi tour. I'm loving the photos!

Booked our Palo Brunch last night! We've got our cruise excursions taken care of, but really need to get on the stick and plan our couple of days in Barcelona. We're leaning toward Barcelona Day Tours as they seem to get good reviews.

Now that we're getting closer, what about FE participants? This is a favorite thing for us to do, so hoping that some of you will want to particpate??

Booked our Palo Brunch last night!

Now that we're getting closer, what about FE participants? This is a favorite thing for us to do, so hoping that some of you will want to particpate??

How have you booked Palo already? We are Castaway Club members but can't book until May 12. We've done dinner before a couple of times; I want to try for brunch.

I not done FE, wondering what kinds of gifts have you done or heard about in the past?

I decorated our door on the Fantasy last summer. I'm looking for a few ideas to do some new magnets.
IMG_0714.jpg

I found a thread about FE's -- sounds sort of complicated! But one of the posts recommended looking at Pintrest -- so I searched "Fish Extender Gifts" and whoa! --- tons of stuff.

How have you booked Palo already? We are Castaway Club members but can't book until May 12. We've done dinner before a couple of times; I want to try for brunch.

I not done FE, wondering what kinds of gifts have you done or heard about in the past?

I decorated our door on the Fantasy last summer. I'm looking for a few ideas to do some new magnets.
IMG_0714.jpg

Since we're Castaway Club Gold, we got to start online booking last Saturday. We love love LOVE Palo Brunch and highly recommend it! Dinner is awesome as well, but we opted not to do it this time as it would leave Lizzie on her own for dinner. She's always sleeping late on sea days :rolleyes1 so brunch is not an issue!

FE's are very easy and do not require a lot of creative skill. Sure, some people get it into their gift creating in a big way. But our favorite is to find candy or small magnets in our FE! Really, the fun is checking your FE when you return to the stateroom and finding silly little surprises in there - even a piece of candy!

We also do magnets for the door - I'll have to dig up some pics from past cruises!

Since we're Castaway Club Gold, we got to start online booking last Saturday. We love love LOVE Palo Brunch and highly recommend it!

FE's are very easy and do not require a lot of creative skill.

We've done Palo twice for dinner. Too bad there's no chocolate souffle at brunch.

There is a Facebook page for FE's -- and people mention bringing suitcases full of stuff! Really cute ideas.... in fact, I might borrow some of these concepts for other things.... but no way I can bring 100s of doo-dads!

I'm asking for a new carry-on suitcase for Mother's Day and I'm planning to just bring that and a tote back or small backpack.

JoAnn

Hi All,
We are on this cruise too! Myself, DH, DS (aged 13), DDs (aged 11, 8 and 5). Have paid for the cruise in full now and we are just waiting for our window to open regarding booking Palo and Spa. Someone said they had booked their Palo evening already, which day is best? Thinking of doing Monaco, Rome, Naples and Pisa on our own as having 4 children the cost soon mounts up! Any information greatly received. So excited as this is our 1st med. cruise but our 3rd cruise in total, been on Disney Wonder and Disney Dream both Bahamas trips.

Hi All,
We are on this cruise too! Myself, DH, DS (aged 13), DDs (aged 11, 8 and 5). Have paid for the cruise in full now and we are just waiting for our window to open regarding booking Palo and Spa. Someone said they had booked their Palo evening already, which day is best? Thinking of doing Monaco, Rome, Naples and Pisa on our own as having 4 children the cost soon mounts up! Any information greatly received. So excited as this is our 1st med. cruise but our 3rd cruise in total, been on Disney Wonder and Disney Dream both Bahamas trips.

Welcome!!

Hi All,
Hi, welcome to the group! We have two daughters, ages 13 and 15 (will be 16 by time the cruise gets here). We are traveling with my husband's parents and his brother. In Villefranche, we have reserved a tour with Ingrid, who was very highly recommended on CC. In Rome and Naples/Pompeii, we are using Can't Be Missed Tours. If you are going to do it on your own (and with four kids, I understand perfectly!) I recommend this thread in which a couple of women, their pre-teen daughters and one of the women's parents and inlaws did the trip completely DIY. Her trip report is excellent describing exactly what they did. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2485312

There is also another thread about Med cruises in 2013 in general and darned if I can find it now but it's got some good info on it.

JoAnn

Thanks Texasgirl29, the link has some great photos which I can show the kids and it is reassuring to know it is possible to 'do it yourself'. Tomorrow our window opens for Palo and Spa bookings. Getting very excited now!

Just thought I would cruise the web and came across this great thread.
Thanks guys for all your wonderful ideas/comments as I have never been on a cruise and looking forward to it. 4 cabins with family and my 3 year old twin boys - I am soo excited!
:yay::yay:

Just booked brunch at Palo on the second sea day. Haven't ever done brunch before although we've eaten dinner there on both the Magic and the Fantasy.

If you have an iPhone/iPad (sorry, don't know about other smartphones/tablets), there is an app for Sagrada Familia with absolutely gorgeous 360 virtual tours of the interior. It's free. Very inspiring.

What other things are y'all planning to do in Barcelona? We leave Dallas on tues the 6th and arrive about noon on Wednesday. I want to take he HOHO bus either that afternoon or the next day. So much to see there I hardly know where to start. Anyone been to or plan on going to Montserrat?

JoAnn

Just booked brunch at Palo on the second sea day. Haven't ever done brunch before although we've eaten dinner there on both the Magic and the Fantasy.

If you have an iPhone/iPad (sorry, don't know about other smartphones/tablets), there is an app for Sagrada Familia with absolutely gorgeous 360 virtual tours of the interior. It's free. Very inspiring.

What other things are y'all planning to do in Barcelona? We leave Dallas on tues the 6th and arrive about noon on Wednesday. I want to take he HOHO bus either that afternoon or the next day. So much to see there I hardly know where to start. Anyone been to or plan on going to Montserrat?

JoAnn

We're booked for brunch the same day - maybe we'll see you there! My favorite meal at Palo!

For Barcelona, we booked a tour with Barcelona Day Tours that goes to Montserrat. We don't get in until Thursday afternoon, so will do this tour on Friday.

After the cruise, we don't leave for home until Sunday so we booked dinner at El Tablao de Carmen to see the flamenco dancing (this is where Adventures by Disney goes so we assumed it would be a good one). Also, its located in Poble Espanyol which is suppose to be an intereting Spanish village to walk around.

We're booked for brunch the same day - maybe we'll see you there! My favorite meal at Palo!

What time? I signed up for 10. I'm an early riser, so i will have been awake for hours by then. There's always so much to do....
JoAnn

What time? I signed up for 10. I'm an early riser, so i will have been awake for hours by then. There's always so much to do....
JoAnn

10! We will definitely see you there!

Also, we definitely should figure out a plan to meet in TX or Barcelona before the cruise to introduce DD16's! Ideas?

10! We will definitely see you there!

Also, we definitely should figure out a plan to meet in TX or Barcelona before the cruise to introduce DD16's! Ideas?

It does make sense to meet up in Texas since we are probably only about 2 hours or less away! Let me think.... I hope our spouses don't think we are crazy.... but then, I've dragged my spouse to meet people from the adoption world that I met over the internet before. He goes along with it pretty good.

Let's think it over.... should be something akin to a "coffee date" we can do!

JoAnn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter