ATTN RECENT VISITORS : Disney Resort RFID Locks on Rooms

CanadianGuy

<font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and
I searched and found a bunch of posts on this but nothing seemed to be 100% confirmed.

Can any one just back from a trip comment on whether or not your resort was using the RFID 'wave to unlock' room keys?

I read elsewhere on the internet they were installing them at the All Stars Resort on the week of November 28th ... of course they are in place at AoA ... and I think I read CBR had them as well.

Where else?

GF had them when I was there 11/27 - 11/30/12.
YC had them when I was there 11/30 - 12/9/12.

Wilderness Lodge has them at the rooms and at the Guard shack to get in if you have a car...nice to just tap and have the gate come up :thumbsup2 Just back on 12-16-12

Seems like the resort installations are mostly complete! That's great.. keep the reports coming!

Polynesian has them. It's a tap and not a wave. They also had them at the guard shack to get in with your car. We also used the "tap" for purchases.

Beach Club had them earlier this month, also in the elevators for club level access.

We had them at SSR. I didn' think twice about them UNTIL it wouldn't unlock the door when we got back to the room after being out at parks all day. I saw Mouskeeping and she called the desk to have maintenance come and unlock it. They took almost 45 minutes to arrive. The battery in the lockset had died. I thought these were fairly new so I was surprised that the battery had died.

All worked out though!

Kidani and VWL have them...and oh the problems they were having at VWL. First we couldn't get in our room...got new key, next night we couldn't get in the building...got a new key, next night we couldn't get in the building, or our room...got a new key...problem solved. It wasn't just us, there were always few people standing by the door having problems getting in. Once they were working it was great.

Poly has them and we just waved it, no tapping required. Was nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter